Samsung pay officially released!!

m3lover1

Trusted Member
May 4, 2010
Visit site
Re: Samsung Pay Tips and Tricks

Can you all share the Tap and pay settings for the ones that are working fine? Today it was my first day trying to use Samsung Pay with my new Bank of America card and of the 3 times I tried 2 times it failed, the only one that worked was on Walgreens and I'm almost sure that it used just the NFC part of it and not the MST.

I called Samsung Pay CSR and explained them and offered them to send the picture I took from one of the terminals (I'm almost sure that both were the same), just the regular magnetic readers we see most of the time in our local business, mostly because one bank/private company controls most of these systems.

Take a look at the reader yourself and tell me what you think, I tried for over a minute on both of them, from all possible angles and positions, and nothing. I'm just thinking that maybe because I had Android Pay and just disabled it a couple of days ago something may be forcing to use NFC instead of the MST and because this terminals don't have NFC it didn't work, hence it just worked on Walgreens. In my Tap and Pay settings I had and still have Samsung Pay as my primary but the Prioritize option was off, didn't think I need it as I don't have Android Pay enabled, I just turned it on but can't try it as I'm at home already, but I'd love to hear your inputs about this.

What do you think it may be causing this, some settings or maybe that type of readers will be a no go? I hope it's not that as it will be frustrating because like I mentioned above, most of the local commerce work with this type of readers. Thanks

View attachment 198094
Samsung Pay hasn't worked for me on these types of machines either. Only the ones that look a bit more modern, but still without the Nfc reader

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: Samsung Pay Tips and Tricks

Samsung Pay hasn't worked for me on these types of machines either. Only the ones that look a bit more modern, but still without the Nfc reader

Yes it must be that as I just paid in a similar terminal but looked newer and little more advanced and it worked perfectly, it took just about a second to simulate the card swipe.

DanPLC

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Re: So, Citi card got activated today in Samsung Pay!!!

Yep just used my Citi card too. Wondering which other banks/cards are now active.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

bplink95

May 25, 2014
Visit site
American express at least sent me an email when I tried to link it to Samsung pay. It said it I had any further questions to call them and I did and They said it would be available on the 28th.

Posted via the Android Central App

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site

American express at least sent me an email when I tried to link it to Samsung pay. It said it I had any further questions to call them and I did and They said it would be available on the 28th.

I would guess this is going to be true any number of banks.

r56mcs

Aug 30, 2015
Visit site

Congrats on your citicards. But I need chase Sapphire to be working. Haha

bplink95

May 25, 2014
Visit site
I would guess this is going to be true any number of banks.

Yeah but I have just about every credit card there is and American express is the only one that sent an email asking me to call them if I had any questions on why it wasn't live yet. It had a Samsung pay emblem in the email and all so I was just implying they'd be one of the first to go live Monday. Discover and Chase cards just stopped when trying to validate no follow up email, but they may be ready as well, but it was just nice getting an extra step further in the process with American express...

Jamez Avila

Banned
Nov 20, 2012
Visit site

Woot! Added and activated my Citi card with Samsung Pay today!

Tried adding AMEX but failed to validate!

nice. I just opened a Citibank acct just so I could just use Samsung pay.

Posted from my Galaxy Note 5

stefonglover

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site

Called Samsung Pay support line because after factory resetting my phone, I can't download the app anymore. But I did obtain a lot of information though. The rep told me that the official release for the app is going to go live Sunday night and that everybody (GS6 and above) will have the app by Monday morning. Also, he said that they are in talk with a lot of banks and that new cards are going to be added on a weekly basis. So excited for this! Now I just have to survive going two days without using Samsung pay. :(

Update: Was able to install it again! :)

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site

Was able to add my AMEX as well today! Great to see this coming along!

bplink95

May 25, 2014
Visit site
Was able to add my AMEX as well today! Great to see this coming along!

Yep just added it myself. I knew it would be the next one after I had tried a bunch of cards and it got further than any other cards did. Everyone place your bets on the next card available. I say Chase. Lol

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site

Called Samsung Pay support line because after factory resetting my phone, I can't download the app anymore. But I did obtain a lot of information though. The rep told me that the official release for the app is going to go live Sunday night and that everybody (GS6 and above) will have the app by Monday morning. Also, he said that they are in talk with a lot of banks and that new cards are going to be added on a weekly basis. So excited for this! Now I just have to survive going two days without using Samsung pay. :(

Update: Was able to install it again! :)
How did you get the app to work again after you reset your phone? Was trying to help a friend out with the same issue and couldn't get it to work

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

laestrella

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

Just added my Amex too. It's my go to card so I'm very happy about this. Just need Chase and Discover.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

stefonglover

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site

How did you get the app to work again after you reset your phone? Was trying to help a friend out with the same issue and couldn't get it to work

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Honestly, I have no idea. After everything finished syncing , I opened the app and saw the "install button."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol