Samsung pay officially released!!

Nathan Innocent

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
Re: Samsung Pay Tips and Tricks

I used Samsung Pay today. Very fast transaction at chick fil a (without MST.). The cashier told me my total and told me to swipe my card. She was very confused when I used my phone to pay. Even the cashiers next to her and the manager were in awe when the transaction went through. When I got my food, they asked me what did I do and I explained Samsung Pay in two sentences. The guy next to me had an SD edge plus and asked me to, so I explained it to him too. It's very interesting the looks you get from other people and they thought it was apple pay initially.

Posted via the Android Central App

phone-a-holic

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site

Just used s pay and Kroger and the cashier thought I was crazy. He said I am sorry but you need to swipe your card. I told him ok thanks and proceeded to hold my phone over the thingy. Then it said completed on his screen. He was like how did that work.

double923

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site

I used Samsung pay at Walmart today and it failed. It acknowledged and process then came back with invalid. I tried using it from two other places and got the same problem. I think it is problem with the bank though. It was trying to process, just failed. This was Amex card.

Update 6/27: Today, I was able to use the Samsung Pay successfully at HomeDepot and Panera Bread. It was effortless. It was nice to see that the Samsung Pay is working as promised. The only thing now: I am hoping by the launch day, all my cards will be supported on Samsung Pay. This will rock!

Last edited:

r56mcs

Aug 30, 2015
Visit site
I just used Samsung pay at Burger King moments ago. No nfc there. The cashier kept telling me they don't have the equipment for mobile payment. But I kept asking if she was ready for my card. And when she said yes I fingerprinted my Samsung pay and touched their cash register. Bing! She was speechless.

busa2006

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
Re: With Verizon? Want Samsung Pay?

Totally agree people complain but still give them their service and money move to t-mobile like I did

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
I did the same...to bad people These days don't have the grit to have a voice but of complaining

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site

I did the same...to bad people These days don't have the grit to have a voice but of complaining

No, what's bad is people that are so narrow minded that they believe their solution to a problem will fit everyone else.

Changing from Verizon to any other carrier in my area where I could have a cheaper plan and use S pay (maybe even more data) make no sense if you can't stay connected. So, instead of not having the grit to make a change, it's about having enough common sense to choose what's most important to you as a user.

One solution does not fit all.

ccpopham

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site

The coverage of Verizon beats everyone hands down. I have been with them for years and have many devices on their service. Everyone saying we drop and switch, do you know how expensive that would be to buy new devices on another carrier? I just can't afford thousands of dollars to switch to another carrier with less coverage. I would love to have Samsung pay and get away from Verizon but like many people for one reason or another we are locked in. People with less money who can't afford to just jump when we feel like it or buy a new flagship phone every couple of months as several of you do, do not live in your world.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site

From my 15+ years as a verizon customer one thing I learned is they don't care what the customer thinks. They only care what makes them money and Samsung pay clearly doesn't do that. As for Verizon's best network I in my area AT&T crushes them on LTE & HSDPA+ speeds compared to Verizon how about 5-10 times faster. I will give them kudos for a broad network but I don't care for their bait and switch tactics that keep you chained to their network.

busa2006

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site

No, what's bad is people that are so narrow minded that they believe their solution to a problem will fit everyone else.

Changing from Verizon to any other carrier in my area where I could have a cheaper plan and use S pay (maybe even more data) make no sense if you can't stay connected. So, instead of not having the grit to make a change, it's about having enough common sense to choose what's most important to you as a user.

One solution does not fit all.

Totally agree

maf113

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
I have to agree. For a good many of us, location is a key factor. If you live on the East Coast the area is well covered. Here in the Pacific Northwest we have huge gaps in coverage. Even Verizon does not reach everywhere. If you are on Tmobile or Sprint and never leave say Seattle. Then these providers work well. If you live outside a major city here then your only REAL option is Verizon.

As for me I live in a small town and teavel. Only Verizon offers the coverage I need at this time. However, I just read where Sprint is foregoing the 600MgHz auction to spend the money on new towers. Also Tmobile is working on expanding its coverage. In another article it seems that Verizon is no longer the number of one mobile provider slipping to number 2 overall with Tmobile taking the number one slot.

As to those that think leaving Verizon will have any effect on the company, think again. With over 130 million customers at least 10% or 13 million would have to leave before anyone in corporate would notice.

I have resigned myself that we will not get Samsung pay, or at least it will take 6 months to a year before Verizon allows it. If they were going to support it, they would have said so by now.

Posted using my Verizon crippled Note 5.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

The coverage of Verizon beats everyone hands down. I have been with them for years and have many devices on their service. Everyone saying we drop and switch, do you know how expensive that would be to buy new devices on another carrier? I just can't afford thousands of dollars to switch to another carrier with less coverage. I would love to have Samsung pay and get away from Verizon but like many people for one reason or another we are locked in. People with less money who can't afford to just jump when we feel like it or buy a new flagship phone every couple of months as several of you do, do not live in your world.

If that is your only reason for not changing, that won't be an issue. We switched to T-Mobile, didn't have to pay any ETF's before turning the bill into T-Mobile to pay. We had no phoned financed, so we didn't need them to pay that off. We traded old or just bought, cheap phones in and kept our current ones and had them unlocked by AT&T. Then we bought 5 new devices, out all of them on the payment plan.

With 5 new devices, which included two Samsungs and two iPhones, our monthly bill is less than AT&T was and 3 times the data. We also got such good deals on all phones that two are paid off and two left to pay off in a couple of months. When those other two are paid off in a couple of months, our monthly bill will then be even $100 a month cheaper than AT&T and instead of 15 gb of shared data, we each have 10 gb of free LTE rollover data a month, unlimited lower data and 5 new phones, all for the cost of $140 a month.

So if the cost of switching is your only reason, that won't be an issue. AT&T and T-Mobile both have deals for switching over, T-Mobile has the best deals and better prices on phones though.

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site

That is no different than if Comcast blocked your computer from using your online banking service.

But is Verizon really doing something to actively block Samsung Pay? Or are they just not offering some extra service that carriers need to provide in order to support it?

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

But is Verizon really doing something to actively block Samsung Pay? Or are they just not offering some extra service that carriers need to provide in order to support it?

They are not allowing Samsung owners to access a free service that other Samsung owners have, unless they decide to allow it.

In function, it is superior to Android Pay. Any of the swipe terminals can be used with your phone, the merchant doesn't have to be a part of Android Pay or Apple Pay, with special terminals, to accept Samsung Pay. It is also something that is accepted worldwide.

So to answer your question, yes, as of now, Verizon is actively blocking their users from accessing a service that doesn't even involve the carrier. By Samsung having banks sign up, it all goes through your bank completely.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site

I just used Samsung pay in Costco, it worked great and very fast, so Amex is also working great. I'm mentioning this because for some reasons we could add all oir AMEX on Friday but apparently they closed that as I'm trying to add the same cards but to my wife's S6 edge and it simply says failed to register cards, but I hope that by tomorrow everything is running as expected.

One thing though, it was the first time I tried using one of my Amex cards, but as soon as I paid with SPay, I received the notification, but when I opened it it brought me to the card details on SPay but I can see not just the recent transactions paid with SPay but all my previous card transactions. I really don't know yet if I like that, and honestly I prefer to have just the transactions I paid with SPay for all the other transactions I can always open the Amex app and see all from there. What I don't understand is that with my Bank of America Visa card, I just see the details of the transactions I did with S Pay and I kind of like that more.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781