Samsung pay officially released!!

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: Samsung Pay Officially Released!

So this won't work on a 920I version even if I'm on T-Mobile?

Not until the region where that 920i version is from is included in the Samsung Pay program. That was the main reason I opted for a T-Mobile Note 5 instead of the Unlocked version because even when all versions have the hardware, this is controlled by firmware and it's easy for Samsung to control the access to Samsung Pay to just the regions where is currently released, as of today, only Korea and USA. So all firmware for these 2 regions will be the only ones with S Pay working.

Most Unlocked versions are for India, Europe and Australia, and sorry, but according to S Pay press releases, all those regions are schedule for at some point next year, not even a certain date as of now.

Glock23-G4

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
So my first official attempt was a success, using my BofA debit at one of our soda machines. But... aside from the reader switching from "Please swipe card" to "Make selection," there was no other indication that it worked.

After I scanned my print, the app began a slow pulsing vibrate, with a sort of countdown / progress bar being displayed.

The soda machine reacted almost instantly, though there was no change in the app. There was an "x" I could press to cancel or, once the progress bar reached the end there was a refresh symbol which would I assume continue the process if necessary.

I received no confirmations or notifications.

But I did get my soda... ;)

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site

I still get "failed to connect to server"

Just in case you haven't done it, go to your Applications Manager and look for Samsung Pay framework app, hit force stop then clear cache and hit Manage storage, it will take you to Samsung pay app, there hit force stop and clear cache and data, I'd add to uninstall all updates, then reboot.

After the reboot go to the Samsung pay place holder and download the app again and see if it works after that.

Fr0gburp3r

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Well with me being a Samsung only user for the last 15 years, I've run into the exact opposite thing.

They are shady but you are going to put your debit and credit card info in their app?

Why not? I have fraud protection with my bank. Besides, I know a lot of big corporations have shady business practices who's services I use. Even the banks that we have credit cards with have shady business practices which is why we see them in the news getting fined for this and that but I'm not blind to what these big corporations do just because nothing bad has happened to me "yet". My Samsung french door refrigerator accumulates water under the pullout tray and freezes which I have to constantly breakup and remove. Many customers are experiencing this as well when I attempted to troubleshoot on the Internet. I've learned my lesson with their refrigerators. So far, their phones haven't let me totally down yet so I will keep using them along with other smartphone brands.

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
So my first official attempt was a success, using my BofA debit at one of our soda machines. But... aside from the reader switching from "Please swipe card" to "Make selection," there was no other indication that it worked.

After I scanned my print, the app began a slow pulsing vibrate, with a sort of countdown / progress bar being displayed.

The soda machine reacted almost instantly, though there was no change in the app. There was an "x" I could press to cancel or, once the progress bar reached the end there was a refresh symbol which would I assume continue the process if necessary.

Sweet...........

Sent from Da Beast, AKA, The classy white, Galaxy Note 5

kevinpleasants

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Re: With Verizon? Want Samsung Pay?

Check out a YouTube vide. Search "Samsung Pay Working on Verizon Note 5!!!. View video then look in the comments section for 2 apks to download. I installed Samsung Pay on my Verizon Note 5 and successfully added my BofA card. I received confirmation from my bank. Now I need to see if it works at the stores.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site

In the More- Settings area you activates the Notifications. With that on, once the transactions goes through you get the App notification of the transaction, for now, that's your only indication.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Why not? I have fraud protection with my bank. Besides, I know a lot of big corporations have shady business practices who's services I use. Even the banks that we have credit cards with have shady business practices which is why we see them in the news getting fined for this and that but I'm not blind to what these big corporations do just because nothing bad has happened to me "yet". My Samsung french door refrigerator accumulates water under the pullout tray and freezes which I have to constantly breakup and remove. Many customers are experiencing this as well when I attempted to troubleshoot on the Internet. I've learned my lesson with their refrigerators. So far, their phones haven't let me totally down yet so I will keep using them along with other smartphone brands.

I seriously doubt a company as big as Samsung is going to fraud people over a charger that probably costs them $10 or less to make. Something in the offer isn't working, let them know.

Fr0gburp3r

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
I seriously doubt a company as big as Samsung is going to fraud people over a charger that probably costs them $10 or less to make. Something in the offer isn't working, let them know.

I know. I was just being sarcastic. I'm still waiting for a response. I also went to the page we are directed to to make the order and they only had the fast charging wireless pad on the page to choose from but the offer states it's only good towards the non fast charging version. This was before they removed the promotion form the Announcement page.

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
I know. I was just being sarcastic. I'm still waiting for a response.
I sent an email as well and am awaiting a response. Now when opening the app the pop up is gone as well and still nothing in the announcements section. Hope they get it fixed quick

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I know. I was just being sarcastic. I'm still waiting for a response. I also went to the page we are directed to to make the order and they only had the fast charging wireless pad on the page to choose from but the offer states it's only good towards the non fast charging version. They was before they removed the promotion form the Announcement page.

I sent an email as well and am awaiting a response. Now when opening the app the pop up is gone as well and still nothing in the announcements section. Hope they get it fixed quick

If you sent an email to Prizelogic, in my experience, they can take up to 48 hours to answer, but that is the best way to go. If you don't hear from them by then, you can call Samsung, if the tech can't handle it and get to Prizelogic, ask for a supervisor.

leeroyy

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site

I use a small bank. It is saying my debit card is not supported. It is a MC. Looks like if the card is supported it should work. Oh well.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Re: With Verizon? Want Samsung Pay?

I just have to remind everyone, and then you do what you want to do..

You are talking about downloading an apk from someone that could modify it in any way they want and then you are going to put your credit card and/or debit card info in there.

That is a big red flag to me.

Glock23-G4

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
In the More- Settings area you activates the Notifications. With that on, once the transactions goes through you get the App notification of the transaction, for now, that's your only indication.

Notifications are on, I just didn't get one.

73102e24ea2482b7d04395dda5182b6c.jpg

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Doesn't the app keep a history of transactions? If not, that's not good.

From what I read last night, let me see if I can find it again, it depends on your bank and then even certain cards at that bank, but it is automatically on your bank info.

From the app FAQ:

Attachments

• 1443456553763.jpg
    1443456553763.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 37

EMY92

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site

I was ale to update the app and install a Citi card easily.

However, I couldn't get it to work at the grocery store this morning, It's the only merchant I frequent with NFC terminals. NFC is enabled on the phone and also tried it next to the mag reader. It's likely user error.

Fr0gburp3r

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
From what I read last night, let me see if I can find it again, it depends on your bank and then even certain cards at that bank, but it is automatically on your bank info.

From the app FAQ:
I updated my previous post because I was able to find the transactions screen for my card.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol