Samsung pay officially released!!

Glock23-G4

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Doesn't the app keep a history of transactions? If not, that's not good.

Edit: it does keep a history. Check it.

//images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/09/28/03176b0d49841f315e516574a52dceec.jpg
No transactions shown. But like I said, I got my soda lol

f81cab46f090edf34e4cc1daf2f373c1.jpg

kevinpleasants

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Re: With Verizon? Want Samsung Pay?

Yes Kelly it is risky. Thank you for reminding us of that. I hope nothing fraudulent happens but if it does my banks fraud department will handle it for me. I used a card that I don't keep a lot of money on.

b2k1121

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
How does Samsung Pay (and Android Pay for that matter) handle rewards and cash back from your credit card? Does everything still work? Still learning about mobile payments, but with the use of virtual card numbers I hope the cash back rewards are still recognized.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
You can't redeem the free Samsung Pay Charger or Cover Offer? Here is the info:

There is an issue with the pop up on the app, I have been in touch with Samsung and Samsung Pay. You can contact Prizelogic about this.

You call Prizelogic here (866) 656-3946

You can fill out this form and tell them what is going on. Prizelogic always gets things taken care of, they can take up to 48 hours to get back to you.
https://helpdesk.prizelogic.com/Tick...sectionid=1843

You can also email them here:
customersupport@prizelogic.com

You can also call the regular Samsung number and they can handle this for you:

(888 ) 987-4357.

Samsung Pay is aware of the problem with the pop up offer not working in the app and they are working now to restore the pop up offer. They haven't given me an estimated time yet when that will be corrected.

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Re: Samsung Pay Officially Released!

Just in case you haven't done it, go to your Applications Manager and look for Samsung Pay framework app, hit force stop then clear cache and hit Manage storage, it will take you to Samsung pay app, there hit force stop and clear cache and data, I'd add to uninstall all updates, then reboot.

After the reboot go to the Samsung pay place holder and download the app again and see if it works after that.

Thanks but that didn't work either. Maybe their servers are actually busy from everyone using it. Lol

bplink95

May 25, 2014
Visit site
How does Samsung Pay (and Android Pay for that matter) handle rewards and cash back from your credit card? Does everything still work? Still learning about mobile payments, but with the use of virtual card numbers I hope the cash back rewards are still recognized.

I know with bank of America you still get your rewards. I would guess that you would with the other credit card companies but I haven't verified them yet.

Posted via the Android Central App

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

Yes Kelly it is risky. Thank you for reminding us of that. I hope nothing fraudulent happens but if it does my banks fraud department will handle it for me. I used a card that I don't keep a lot of money on.

Well that is the questionable thing.. If something happens and they find out that Verizon isn't allowing it to be used and then want to know how it got on your phone, will they cover going around and doing it this way?

I don't know..

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Free accessory is live. Just ordered my free wireless charger

aa7bab1b28be0dc65b6c31c837d3577d.jpg

Sent from Da Beast, AKA, The classy white, Galaxy Note 5

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

I use a small bank. It is saying my debit card is not supported. It is a MC. Looks like if the card is supported it should work. Oh well.

MC is supported if issued by BoA or Citi.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

I use a small bank. It is saying my debit card is not supported. It is a MC. Looks like if the card is supported it should work. Oh well.

They aren't supporting all Mastercard and Visa debit cards, only credit cards. The debit cards are done through the back.

Call you bank and tell them you want this feature. From what I understand, Samsung is not charging banks to be a part of this.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

I was ale to update the app and install a Citi card easily.

However, I couldn't get it to work at the grocery store this morning, It's the only merchant I frequent with NFC terminals. NFC is enabled on the phone and also tried it next to the mag reader. It's likely user error.

With Samsung Pay, it doesn't have to be a NFC terminal.

kevinpleasants

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site

When it comes to bank fraud I don't think where I got my software from would be an issue. I had fraudulent activity on my major bank account before using my banks online website, so you never know what might happen. But I guess sooner or later Verizon will allow us to use Samsung Pay.

Philip Manwaring

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site

MC is supported if issued by BoA or Citi.

Unfortunately even this doesn't work for me. I have a Citi MC and it says issuer not supported.

Not ready for prime time. It's a shame, but I think they'll turn away a lot of potential users with this limited support and confusing compatibility information.

bplink95

May 25, 2014
Visit site
Anyone else with multiple phones on Samsung pay notice that it automatically updated the quanity of free chargers to 2? I got 2 coming for free....

DeepSeaGoddess

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I just tried and got to the activation offer page now. When I click on coupon code, it has a popup: "Your device is not eligible to participate". I have a note 5 AND I have added a card in Samsung pay. What the heck??

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci