Samsung pay officially released!!

bplink95

May 25, 2014
Visit site
The free gift with activation kinda sucks when about 80% of us can get cards activated. But then i guess samsung doesnt want to go broke on free gifts lol

Sent using my gorgeous Korean Phone and its clicky stick...

Hopefully these are a fixed version of these chargers and not the one everyone got from best buy that didn't work lol

Posted via the Android Central App

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Re: You can't redeem the free Samsung Pay Charger or Cover Offer? Here is the info:

I just registered and ordered my free promotional incentive via the Samsung shop. No problems or errors on my side. I also got my confirmation number for my order. Just wanted to give this thread an update on the status of the error, just in case somebody else was waiting for it to be corrected. I was hoping that the wireless charger would have been the fast charging version. But hey, I can't complain either way. ^_^

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Well they got the app fixed quicker than they thought they would when they were talking to me on the phone, so that is great.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Wireless charger appears to be pre-order with shipping in 10-14 days, wallet case seems to be ready to ship for those who are interested

Sent from Da Beast, AKA, The classy white, Galaxy Note 5
They want to make sure the people actually paying for their chargers get theirs first in the next couple of weeks before everyone submitting their free orders run them out of stock. 😉

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Re: Samsung Pay Working with Verizon Note 5!

So how about telling were we might find the apk is we were so inclined.

I won't be telling, someone else will have to do that.

I will say this, my standard warning.. Remember, this is an apk posted by just someone on the internet. You have no idea of what is done to an apk, even if nothing is done, what security measures are there.

Then you are going to enter you banking and/or credit card info into that app, on a carrier that isn't set up to use this, didn't do the updates all the other carriers did and no idea if they have security in place.

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Im thinking they made all those chargers that didnt work well so why not give them out!
Uhhhhh, let's hope not. I have a wireless charger at home now from Samsung that works great so hopefully this one will work just as good for the office

Fr0gburp3r

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
I was getting device not eligible and then I restarted my phone to clear everything out. I tried again and it finally gave me the promo code. My wireless charger is on its way.

Jamez Avila

Banned
Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: So, Citi card got activated today in Samsung Pay!!!

I have a debit card attached to Android Pay.

Posted from my Note 5 via the Android Central App

My current bank, USAA told me they won't be allowing them in android pay until mid 2016. To me, that's unacceptable...so I'm switching to Citi.

Posted from my Galaxy Note 5

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
I was getting device not eligible and then I restarted my phone to clear everything out. I tried again and it finally gave me the promo code. My wireless charger is on its way.
Persistence pays off

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Good day 2day, free wireless charger enroute and just got my free year of Netflix email, Thanks Samsung/T-Mobile

bobn4burton

Sep 28, 2015
Visit site
Re: With Verizon? Want Samsung Pay?

I just have to remind everyone, and then you do what you want to do..

You are talking about downloading an apk from someone that could modify it in any way they want and then you are going to put your credit card and/or debit card info in there.

That is a big red flag to me.

I agree, not sure I'd dare download this sort of apk from random people on the web.

Luckily, my buddy has a at&t note5...so I should be able send over his app and that should be safe.

Heck, for anyone that doesn't know someone with compatible phone, you could likely just goto a tmobile store and download, then send the app over to your phone right from the in-store demo unit??? (Uninstall any previous version and re-download a clean copy if you are nervous using the demo phone).

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Re: Samsung Pay Working with Verizon Note 5!

Will Verizon ever have the legit version of Samsung pay on the Note 5?

My guess is eventually. I believe that someone will eventually file some complaints with the government. From what I understand, Verizon has a vested interest in Android Pay. Since Samsung Pay uses MST also, it is different in communication than NFC and that is probably what Verizon is using to say "We have to test it on our network to make sure there are no issues". How long they can get away with that is the question.

There are people talking about how not allowing it, Verizon is violating Net Neutrality laws and that is actually a good possibility.

So.. When will someone file a complaint? I would guess pretty soon. Now it depends on how much Verizon can support their position of extended testing and if they can support denying it.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Re: With Verizon? Want Samsung Pay?

I agree, not sure I'd dare download this sort of apk from random people on the web.

Luckily, my buddy has a at&t note5...so I should be able send over his app and that should be safe.

Heck, for anyone that doesn't know someone with compatible phone, you could likely just goto a tmobile store and download, then send the app over to your phone right from the in-store demo unit??? (Uninstall any previous version and re-download a clean copy if you are nervous using the demo phone).

Also you need to think about that Verizon did no updates as other carriers did, so does their network have the necessary security for this?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯