Samsung pay officially released!!

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: Samsung Pay Officially Released!

Unfortunately even this doesn't work for me. I have a Citi MC and it says issuer not supported.

Not ready for prime time. It's a shame, but I think they'll turn away a lot of potential users with this limited support and confusing compatibility information.

Posted via the Android Central App

It was just rolled out. A little early to bury it.

Posted via the Android Central App

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: Samsung Pay Working with Verizon Note 5!

I already filed a complaint with the FCC. Friday I received a call from Verizon Executive Office stating that someone would be calling me today (Monday)as he was out of the office on Friday.

It is 12:30 9/28/15 and waiting to see if I hear from this Verizon Rep.

Will post the results if I get the call.

Posted using my Verizon crippled Note 5.
More Verizon people need to do this!

Sent from Da Beast, AKA, The classy white, Galaxy Note 5

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: With Verizon? Want Samsung Pay?

Alright Verizon people. I'm not trying to pimp my Twitter account but I might have made some comments on another Android blog's post about Samsung pay and I might have gotten a meaningless response on Twitter from Verizon. I know that there is no power in that account but maybe if we make a little more noise we can make them reconsider. So what am I recommending? If you haven't already, say something @Verizon on Twitter. If you want to jump in on my comments my twitter account is https://twitter.com/blakemitchell. Do a reply on one of my comments that already has Verizon in the conversation or reply to Verizon's response to me that is located here: https://twitter.com/VZWSupport/status/648536395347324932.

Anyway, this really ticks me off and like I said in my Tweet, it makes me want to investigate moving my company off. It's not a decision that I can make on my own but it is certainly one that I can influence greatly.
And this ^^ flood their twitter, Facebook, and email accounts, call their corporate HQ's and voice your discontent and maybe they will budge.

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I am also getting a Connection error: 'Failed to connect to server. Try again later.' Have been trying to add an Amex all day. Cleared Cache on Samsung Pay Framework and Samsung Pay App...Uninstalled and Installed multiple times and restarted phone to no avail. Any suggestions?

If you have "Samsung apps" disabled, enable it. I was having the same issue

Fr0gburp3r

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Success! The cashier looked at me funny. She asked what I was doing? I told her about Samsung Pay. She proceeded to tell me she has never heard of it because she only uses Galaxy's. I just smiled and told her to have a nice day. SMH

7138beab86dc5e50d2d8fc80b11dc1c5.jpg

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
No all those are enabled. I may just try to reset my phone to factory settings and see where that takes me.
I would call Samsung Pay before doing that. The number is in the more section of the app under help, I think it was. If you can't find it, let me know, it is in my contacts.

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Do you mean Galaxy apps? don't see samsung apps in my app list or disabled list. Galaxy apps is active. Still no success.

Yes, sorry. Galaxy Apps. Try to clear the cache, uninstalled the app then install it again. If that doesn't work, I would call Sammy. Don't reset your phone. That's 2 much work and it might not cure your issue

maf113

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site

I already filed a complaint with the FCC. Friday I received a call from Verizon Executive Office stating that someone would be calling me today (Monday)as he was out of the office on Friday.

It is 12:30 9/28/15 and waiting to see if I hear from this Verizon Rep.

Will post the results if I get the call.

Update. It is after 5pm. No call from Verizon. I did not expect them to contact me. The administration person that called me Friday probably recorded that as making contact and reported that to the FCC. So much for Verizon customer care. It is non existent.

But what do you expect from a CEO that doesn't give a darn if customers leave. And has said so in public.

UPDATE:
09/29/2015 2PM PT. Received another call from Verizon Exec office. Was told that they were working on a reply to the FCC and will send me a copy once it is completed and has gone through their legal department. Not holding my breath for a positive outcome.
Everyone needs to file an FCC complaint so as to get Verizon''s attention. They have to provide written response to FCC and the person that filed the complaint. They waste our time as we wait to hear from them so let's waste their time in having to respond.

Last edited:

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

Update. It is after 5pm. No call from Verizon. I did not expect them to contact me. The administration person that called me Friday probably recorded that as making contact and reported that to the FCC. So much for Verizon customer care. It is non existent.

But what do you expect from a CEO that doesn't give a darn if customers leave. And has said so in public.

I would keep reporting the no contact to the FCC. Take good noted of who you talked to and what they told you.

pdqgp

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
Worked this afternoon but went to use it for the first time tonight and after I enter my fingerprint it says it's "unable to complete your payment. Try again Later." WTF kinda message is that!

Between the initial intro offer not working and my being emailed incorrect information, then coming here finding that it does indeed work, I logged back in got my free gift and now this fail, I'm beginning to understand why people make snarky remarks about Samsung. Can't they ever just get it right....

Hopefully this crap will work in the morning.

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Worked this afternoon but went to use it for the first time tonight and after I enter my fingerprint it says it's "unable to complete your payment. Try again Later." WTF kinda message is that!

Between the initial intro offer not working and my being emailed incorrect information, then coming here finding that it does indeed work, I logged back in got my free gift and now this fail, I'm beginning to understand why people make snarky remarks about Samsung. Can't they ever just get it right....

Hopefully this crap will work in the morning.

It's working for everyone else. Some cards don't register immediately. I had to wait for a confirmation email from Amex

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89