Samsung Pay - "Failed to Connect to Server, Try Again Later"

Amit Sinha4

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site
Hi, I am having Galaxy S6 on ATT with Android Version 5.1.1 and latest app of Samsung Pay V 1.3.2116, while I am trying to add any card, irrespective of brand/type/bank, I get a consistent error - screen shot attached.

Here are the cards I have tried, just to check the system: BoFA, Chase, Fidelity, Credit Union cards

Has anyone faced similar error and is there a known solution for this problem?

Attachments

• 2015-09-28 17.26.17.jpg
    2015-09-28 17.26.17.jpg
    186.8 KB · Views: 75

Amit Sinha4

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site
***The problem is now solved***
All, I found out the solution for the problem, I searched through the forums and found that if device is encrypted for reason (corporate, personal reason) then the Samsung Pay might fail to add any credit card.
I decrypted the device by following steps (on my S6): Settings ==> Personal ==> Lock Screen and Security ==> Other Security Settings ==> Decrypt Device

once decrypted, then try to add the credit card and whola it should work....

I just used Samsung Pay at nearby Walmart and it worked like a magic, this is great forum and solutions are available here only...I love Samsung S6

Tampaguy75

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
My phone is not encrypted, but I still get almost the exact same error message. I was a beta user and had no problem adding my BofA debit card. Now that it has gone live, I would like to add more cards, but I just get the following pop-up:

Screenshot_2015-09-28-20-15-02-1.png

Tampaguy75

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
Ok, I solved my problem by resetting the app and then re-installing my card. Unfortunately, Chase isn't set up to work with Samsung Pay -- only my Bank of America card is working.

me just saying

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
I got the same error with bank of america and tried again later. it worked :) I figure the server was just to busy at that moment I first gave it a try.

eandalis

Sep 28, 2015
Visit site
Yes I've been getting this error and have tried uninstalling and installing the app, clearing cache of apps. My phone is also encrypted, so I may try to decrypt and see what happens.

Jose Maldonado2

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
hey guys. Some of the rules on some of the forums are just ridiculous. I am trying to help but since I am new I cant post links. The solution is the Samsung Pay Framework 01.16.0002 from apkmirror.com or google it. that fixed the problem on my note 5. hope it helps...

pwillia1137

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
I am having this very same problem. When trying to register a credit card I get the "Failed to connect to server, try again later." message. I have looked and my encryption is enabled. I do not have the ability to turn off the encryption as it is required for my company email to work on the phone. Does this mean I will not be able to use Samsung Pay? or is it a bug that needs to be fixed?

Any other ideas on how to get this working?

Thanks!

pwillia1137

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
Update... Just did a chat session with Samsung pay rep.. and was told that Samsung Pay will NOT work if the phone encryption is enabled and no plans to correct.

Here is the exchange:

Karthik B: I'm sorry for any miscommunication, the Samsung pay application will not work if the device is encrypted.

Paul: Is this a defect or something that is planned to be corrected in a future release?

Karthik B: It is designed in such a way. However, you can try decrypting the device and access the Samsung pay application.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I only get this error with my Fidelity American Express... My phone is not encrypted...my Bank of America cards registered fine

Sent from my Asus Zenphone 2!

hohowan

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
First your phone needs to be charged to atleast 80%. Then under security>other security settings>device adminstrators. Turn off your companies administrator, my company uses MobileIron.

After you turn it off, decrypt your device (~5mins). Add your cards in Samsung pay. Then encrypt your device. Switch your companies mdm back on in device adminstrators.

This is what I did and I didn't have problems getting connected back to my company email.

terricomp

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
This link allowed me to get past the scanning screen in Samsung Pay, and enter my expiration date, code, and name and address. But when I get to the screen that says it is verifying with the server, I get the same error message. Any suggestions?