12-03-2015 07:41 AM
68 123
tools
    I got an email from Chase today saying that my new debit card (with embedded chip) is on its way. The email also mentions ApplePay and ?Google Wallet? but nothing about Samsung Pay or Android Pay.
    This is copied from the email:
    "If you have any merchants who automatically bill this card, please send them your new card information when it arrives. If you use a mobile payment service (for example ApplePay or Google Wallet), you may need to update your information. For your reference, we have listed a few merchants tied to your Chase Debit Card below."
    10-07-2015 11:09 AM
    I have a lot of friends who have wells cargo and they aren't a bank Samsung Pay is compatible with yet. My advise if you can't wait open up a checking account with US bank or bank of America it only took me a half an hour and 3 days to get my card and I was using Samsung pay. It might be months before we see other banks on board. Samsung Pay is worth the effort. The banks who got on board first should be rewarded.

Posted via the Android Central App
    How did you get the card in 3 days. I got an email Monday. Saying it will take 7-10 days.

10-07-2015 01:04 PM
    The two cards I use, Capitol One and Boeing Employees Credit Union. Apparently I'm going to "stay tuned"

Attached Thumbnails Supported banks, cards-36164.jpg   Supported banks, cards-36165.jpg  
    debdroid1a and Y2Dre like this.
    10-08-2015 01:33 AM
    That's good news about BECU, as I emailed them last week asking about their support of Samsung Pay. Let's hope it doesn't take too long!
    10-08-2015 06:12 AM
    Did anyone ever get any more information about prepaid cards? I got one from US Bank and it said it wasn't supported so I have no idea what she was using in the Verge article.
    10-13-2015 08:06 PM
    Did anyone ever get any more information about prepaid cards? I got one from US Bank and it said it wasn't supported so I have no idea what she was using in the Verge article.
    I have been wondering that myself. I am thinking it was a gift card since she specifically said it was a 50 dollar vista card she was using. I left a message in their forum hoping for more info but nothing. I tried calling U.S. Bank and the person I talked to knew nothing. I tried contact form on their site but it was ignored. Maybe it means I should not do business with that bank :-)
    10-14-2015 02:01 PM
    T-Mobile debit card not supported. John Legere need to get on that instead of periscoping daily.

10-14-2015 02:57 PM
    I tweeted chase today and they said it's coming later this year. Just wanted to see if there was a change
    10-14-2015 03:49 PM
    Capital One just releas3d nfc payment feature on their banking app so I guess they're not interested in supporting Samsung Pay. And with the phasing out of the magnetic stripe cards, I don't see Samsung Pay lasting too long. When it comes to NFC payment, each bank will roll out their own app so what'll be the advantage of Samsung or Android Pay? Maybe only that you would have cards from multiple issuers in the same app, for simplicity.

The panda has spoken
    10-15-2015 02:25 PM
    Meanwhile my citi card has been working great.
    10-15-2015 03:44 PM
    I tweeted chase today and they said it's coming later this year. Just wanted to see if there was a change
    Yeah, watch it be December 31st. UGH THE TORTURE!
    10-15-2015 04:00 PM
    Yeah, watch it be December 31st. UGH THE TORTURE!
    Lol
    10-15-2015 04:51 PM
    Capital One just releas3d nfc payment feature on their banking app so I guess they're not interested in supporting Samsung Pay. And with the phasing out of the magnetic stripe cards, I don't see Samsung Pay lasting too long. When it comes to NFC payment, each bank will roll out their own app so what'll be the advantage of Samsung or Android Pay? Maybe only that you would have cards from multiple issuers in the same app, for simplicity.

The panda has spoken
    Chair will dictate how it goes I would assume. I don't know many people who use Capital one
    10-15-2015 04:51 PM
    Has anyone heard when PNC might be able to be used with Samsung Pay?

PNC already accepts Apple Pay and Android Pay.
    10-20-2015 03:38 PM
    Waiting patiently for Santander Bank to be supported.
    10-20-2015 03:53 PM
    Since Capital One doesn't seem like it will go through Spay, I got an American Express Green Card. I'll keep my Capital One since it's attached to other auto payments, but they've lost other business from me. I really like the idea of a secure card number. Plus while waiting in line I'm on my phone, so this makes it convenient.

They sent me an email that it went though and even added this note about the digital number: "A*digital card number*has been assigned to your Card on your device for security purposes. This number is different from the number on your plastic Card. To find the digital card number, tap your Card in the Samsung Pay app and then scroll down to see the Card details. If a merchant asks for your Card number after you've made a purchase in store with Samsung Pay, please use the last 4 digits of the digital card number."

Posted via the *Note 5*
    10-26-2015 06:31 AM
    Chase is coming out with Chase Pay (www dot chasepay dot com), wonder if they will join Samsung Pay or not.
    10-27-2015 10:03 AM
    Received the following today from Capital One:

10-27-2015 10:54 AM
    Chase is coming out with Chase Pay (www dot chasepay dot com), wonder if they will join Samsung Pay or not.
    They're still joining SP. Chase pay won't be out until mid 2016
    10-27-2015 11:13 AM
    Received the following today from Capital One:

It didn't come through. Since you're "mad", I'm guessing it's the same old or they want you to use their app. Could you repost it?
    10-27-2015 01:06 PM
    according to the following article, chase will work with sp before the end of the year.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/standby...104025567.html

In late October, Samsung announced that cards issued by 14 new banks will be supported “in the coming months”: Chase, PNC Bank, TD Bank, SunTrust, Fifth Third Bank, First Hawaiian, Key Bank, Silicon Valley Bank, Security Service Federal Credit Union, Navy Federal Credit Union, Virginia Credit Union, Associated Bank, Randolph Brooks Federal Credit Union, and People’s United Bank. The company also announced that Discover Cards will be supported early next year.
    r56mcs likes this.
    10-27-2015 04:50 PM
    On another thread someone linked this article. I'm hoping this will get other banks and credit unions realizing Spay is a good choice for them.

The Verge that announced that Samsung Pay has signed up 14 new banks in the US and that they will be active "in the near future" apparently by the end of this year.
    http://www.theverge.com/2015/10/27/9...-card-discover
    Samsung Pay is adding 14 more banks, will soon support gift cards

Posted via the *Note 5*
    10-28-2015 03:49 AM
    Whoot! Navy Federal is onboard!
    10-28-2015 04:37 AM
    so no big banks like wells fargo? so it seems samsung pay is going to wither and die on the vine. no paypal debit card either.
    10-28-2015 10:07 AM
    so no big banks like wells fargo? so it seems samsung pay is going to wither and die on the vine. no paypal debit card either.
    Isn't chase a big bank? Lol
    10-28-2015 10:24 AM
68 123