12-03-2015 07:41 AM
68 123
tools
    talking newly added banks. so far it is far slower then applepay was and I am not sure if wells fargo will even support it since it has applepay info everywhere . it will die a lonely death of it does not get more bigger banks going.if banks are only going one way or the other that will really be a problem.
    10-28-2015 01:02 PM
    talking newly added banks. so far it is far slower then applepay was and I am not sure if wells fargo will even support it since it has applepay info everywhere . it will die a lonely death of it does not get more bigger banks going.if banks are only going one way or the other that will really be a problem.
    Lol. Chase is the biggest bank out there. Samsung pay will be just fine
    debdroid1a likes this.
    10-28-2015 02:45 PM
    applepay is still only used a small amount and look at all the banks it supports. now you have Samsung pay that seems to only have a few big banks and small ones so far and does not look like any big ones in the works. Plus only Samsung devices so thats a big limitation there. I would like to be able to sue it but I have my doubts it is going to happen anytime soon.
    10-28-2015 03:00 PM
    applepay is still only used a small amount and look at all the banks it supports. now you have Samsung pay that seems to only have a few big banks and small ones so far and does not look like any big ones in the works. Plus only Samsung devices so thats a big limitation there. I would like to be able to sue it but I have my doubts it is going to happen anytime soon.
    Apple pay has been out a year. I'm not sure where you work, but most work places take forever to catch up with the times. People too. People still want phones with SD cards instead of using the cloud for storage. I still like sd cards, but I'm working on using the cloud so then I can access my stuff anywhere.

Give Samsung a year and let's see what happens by then. I don't know how long it took for Apple to get a bunch of banks on board. You also have to take into account Apples great marketing scheme. People think Apple is the best of the best and don't question it. Android is getting better in terms of marketing and people rethinking phones and apps, but it's still not there yet.
    20blks likes this.
    10-28-2015 03:16 PM
    Give Samsung a year and let's see what happens by then. I don't know how long it took for Apple to get a bunch of banks on board. You also have to take into account Apples great marketing scheme. People think Apple is the best of the best and don't question it. Android is getting better in terms of marketing and people rethinking phones and apps, but it's still not there yet.
    apple had a fair amount right out of the block. the hard part was getting retailers to support it. they have it better as you just put your phone up with your thumb on the reader and it is done. I struggle to find the sweet spot with android pay that works and never noticed that on applepay.
    10-28-2015 03:25 PM
    apple had a fair amount right out of the block. the hard part was getting retailers to support it. they have it better as you just put your phone up with your thumb on the reader and it is done. I struggle to find the sweet spot with android pay that works and never noticed that on applepay.
    Best part of samsung pay is you won't need any cooperation from the merchants. Samsung pay even works at soda machines
    debdroid1a likes this.
    10-28-2015 04:37 PM
    Best part of samsung pay is you won't need any cooperation from the merchants. Samsung pay even works at soda machines
    Worked at my vending machine at work. Love that. I have my phone on my desk, but my zipper wallet is in my zippered purse, in my locked bottom drawer. Just grab my phone and I can get a snack.
    10-28-2015 05:08 PM
    Lol. Chase is the biggest bank out there. Samsung pay will be just fine
    I agree. I think Samsung will be fine, too. Credit card companies and banks won't care who you deal with as long as they get their money! So more bank and credit unions will come abroad eventually.
    10-28-2015 05:10 PM
    I love reading through the http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...-released.html thread and how people hear "apple pay doesn't work here." and then the receipt for samsung pay pops out.

Where have you tried apple pay vs samsung pay? Did one work better for you? Or has it been even?
    10-28-2015 05:18 PM
    I love reading through the http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...-released.html thread and how people hear "apple pay doesn't work here." and then the receipt for samsung pay pops out.

Where have you tried apple pay vs samsung pay? Did one work better for you? Or has it been even?
    I have only used applepay and googlepay and android pay since I don't have a supported samsung card. I never had a problem with applepay finding the terminal and I did not remember it with google play but adroidpay it seems I have to find the right spot.
    10-28-2015 05:41 PM
    so no big banks like wells fargo? so it seems samsung pay is going to wither and die on the vine. no paypal debit card either.
    Citibank, Bank of America, Chase, and Capital One are HUGE banks!
    ClintRo and 20blks like this.
    10-28-2015 05:58 PM
    Samsung Pay coming to Chase on 11/20
    Hang in there guys.
    I'm waiting for that moment as well
    10-28-2015 07:44 PM
    Is that date of 11/20 confirmed ?
    10-28-2015 08:08 PM
    @ChaseSupport: We plan to support it before the year's end, but we don't have a date yet. We'll update our clients when we have more info.

This was from Chase this morning
    11-02-2015 09:38 AM
    Message from Capital One.

No Samsung Pay plans, but our new mobile payment feature for Capital One Wallet app is hot off the press. Check it out! ^TS
    11-02-2015 10:59 AM
    I wish Wells Fargo would step it up. They aren't saying anything except, "We're looking at mobile payments." I keep reminding them that they're losing business, because I'm using my Citi cards instead of my WF cards while they dither.
    11-02-2015 07:10 PM
    WHY ANDROID CENTRAL hasn't updated this News on their homepage, I'll never understand. Then again, maybe they have. I check this place everyday and AC homepage , but apparently Samsung Pay announced this on the 23rd!!
    Attached Thumbnails Supported banks, cards-1448780764777.jpg  
    11-29-2015 01:09 AM
    There was an announcement on Android Centrals page when it went live.
    12-03-2015 07:41 AM
68 123