Supported banks, cards

anon(749368)

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
This is a thread to help keep track of the banks/cards supported by Samsung Pay.

Please no complaining about what's not supported, only add a card or bank once you find out it is supported.

So far we have Amex, Visa and MasterCard

BofA, Citi, US Bank.

The panda has spoken

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
OH THANK GOD!!!!!

I wanted to send an email to them, or maybe I should send a FaceBook message asking when or if they will get on board with Samsung Pay OR Android Pay this year. I Have CHASE, and I can't use either of these two. Very frustrating. I've been with Chase for I don't know 10 + years, and I can't switch just to use SP or AP. I'm linked with my Mom who uses Chase Bank too. Anyway back to my question, if I wanted to email them WHICH link in their website would I choose:?

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Chase is coming too!

OH THANK GOD!!!!!

I wanted to send an email to them, or maybe I should send a FaceBook message asking when or if they will get on board with Samsung Pay OR Android Pay this year. I Have CHASE, and I can't use either of these two. Very frustrating. I've been with Chase for I don't know 10 + years, and I can't switch just to use SP or AP. I'm linked with my Mom who uses Chase Bank too. Anyway back to my question, if I wanted to email them WHICH link in their website would I choose:?

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
I am not switching banks. But I opened an account at usbank to use spay. Will use both

Posted via the Android Central App

Mariah Richardson

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Can prepaid cards be used? I've got Chase and don't plan on switching banks... so I'd rather get a prepaid card in the meantime in order to get the wireless charger :D

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
I asked Sac fcu if they are thing to support Samsung pay with their debit cards, on Twitter,

They said they only apple pay for the credit cards.

ezaz

Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
Banks just aren't terribly fast in doing new things, and I suspect their experience with Apple Pay and people adding fraudulent cards to the devices made them a bit more gun shy this time to make sure they really, really know they are approving adding a card that goes with the phone in question.

As well, things even get complex inside banks. Was talking with Citibank today about one card I had that wouldn't allow itself to be added. Turns out that their "partner cards" (like ones for hotel chains, etc.) need the "partner's" buy in as well and my card (issued years ago as an "AT&T" card) doesn't yet have AT&T on board.

Of course there's clearly something ironic about the AT&T co-branded card having an issue when AT&T as a wireless carrier has green lighted the rollout...(though I'm not on AT&T's network so maybe they are punishing me :) ).

Comicfandroid

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Can prepaid cards be used? I've got Chase and don't plan on switching banks... so I'd rather get a prepaid card in the meantime in order to get the wireless charger :D

I asked Samsung about prepaid and they said to ask Mastercard so I asked them and they said to ask Samsung. I hope they straighten it out soon.

Lawrence Lamb

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
I've got two Chase debit Visa cards and a Chase Amazon Rewards credit card in my Android Pay wallet. I've used the debit cards at Walgreens successfully on many occasions, so you should be able to add your Chase cards to Android Pay.

supert1020

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I am not switching banks. But I opened an account at usbank to use spay. Will use both

That's what I did. Still have use my credit union and they said they will be adding Samsung Pay and when they do I'll cancel my US bank account.

noellenchris

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Well I didn't have access to my Citi card as I'm away on a business trip for 2mos. So after trying every card I had, I started looking at the store cards from Syncrony bank. And what do ya know. My DiscountTire.com card worked. It's not a Visa/MC , but it did activate and I was able to order my free charger. Can't really buy anything or test it out as I'm not ordering any tires....lol.

Chris