Supported banks, cards

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Since Capital One doesn't seem like it will go through Spay, I got an American Express Green Card. I'll keep my Capital One since it's attached to other auto payments, but they've lost other business from me. I really like the idea of a secure card number. Plus while waiting in line I'm on my phone, so this makes it convenient.

They sent me an email that it went though and even added this note about the digital number: "A*digital card number*has been assigned to your Card on your device for security purposes. This number is different from the number on your plastic Card. To find the digital card number, tap your Card in the Samsung Pay app and then scroll down to see the Card details. If a merchant asks for your Card number after you've made a purchase in store with Samsung Pay, please use the last 4 digits of the digital card number."

Posted via the *Note 5*

me just saying

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
Chase is coming out with Chase Pay (www dot chasepay dot com), wonder if they will join Samsung Pay or not.

according to the following article, chase will work with sp before the end of the year.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/standby-galaxy-phone-owners-verizon-104025567.html

In late October, Samsung announced that cards issued by 14 new banks will be supported “in the coming months”: Chase, PNC Bank, TD Bank, SunTrust, Fifth Third Bank, First Hawaiian, Key Bank, Silicon Valley Bank, Security Service Federal Credit Union, Navy Federal Credit Union, Virginia Credit Union, Associated Bank, Randolph Brooks Federal Credit Union, and People’s United Bank. The company also announced that Discover Cards will be supported early next year.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
On another thread someone linked this article. I'm hoping this will get other banks and credit unions realizing Spay is a good choice for them.

The Verge that announced that Samsung Pay has signed up 14 new banks in the US and that they will be active "in the near future" apparently by the end of this year.
http://www.theverge.com/2015/10/27/9621464/samsung-pay-support-more-banks-gift-card-discover
Samsung Pay is adding 14 more banks, will soon support gift cards

Posted via the *Note 5*

fooferdoggie

Sep 6, 2015
Visit site
talking newly added banks. so far it is far slower then applepay was and I am not sure if wells fargo will even support it since it has applepay info everywhere . it will die a lonely death of it does not get more bigger banks going.if banks are only going one way or the other that will really be a problem.

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
talking newly added banks. so far it is far slower then applepay was and I am not sure if wells fargo will even support it since it has applepay info everywhere . it will die a lonely death of it does not get more bigger banks going.if banks are only going one way or the other that will really be a problem.

Lol. Chase is the biggest bank out there. Samsung pay will be just fine

fooferdoggie

Sep 6, 2015
Visit site
applepay is still only used a small amount and look at all the banks it supports. now you have Samsung pay that seems to only have a few big banks and small ones so far and does not look like any big ones in the works. Plus only Samsung devices so thats a big limitation there. I would like to be able to sue it but I have my doubts it is going to happen anytime soon.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
applepay is still only used a small amount and look at all the banks it supports. now you have Samsung pay that seems to only have a few big banks and small ones so far and does not look like any big ones in the works. Plus only Samsung devices so thats a big limitation there. I would like to be able to sue it but I have my doubts it is going to happen anytime soon.

Apple pay has been out a year. I'm not sure where you work, but most work places take forever to catch up with the times. People too. People still want phones with SD cards instead of using the cloud for storage. I still like sd cards, but I'm working on using the cloud so then I can access my stuff anywhere.

Give Samsung a year and let's see what happens by then. I don't know how long it took for Apple to get a bunch of banks on board. You also have to take into account Apples great marketing scheme. People think Apple is the best of the best and don't question it. Android is getting better in terms of marketing and people rethinking phones and apps, but it's still not there yet.

fooferdoggie

Sep 6, 2015
Visit site
Give Samsung a year and let's see what happens by then. I don't know how long it took for Apple to get a bunch of banks on board. You also have to take into account Apples great marketing scheme. People think Apple is the best of the best and don't question it. Android is getting better in terms of marketing and people rethinking phones and apps, but it's still not there yet.
apple had a fair amount right out of the block. the hard part was getting retailers to support it. they have it better as you just put your phone up with your thumb on the reader and it is done. I struggle to find the sweet spot with android pay that works and never noticed that on applepay.

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
apple had a fair amount right out of the block. the hard part was getting retailers to support it. they have it better as you just put your phone up with your thumb on the reader and it is done. I struggle to find the sweet spot with android pay that works and never noticed that on applepay.

Best part of samsung pay is you won't need any cooperation from the merchants. Samsung pay even works at soda machines

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Best part of samsung pay is you won't need any cooperation from the merchants. Samsung pay even works at soda machines

Worked at my vending machine at work. Love that. I have my phone on my desk, but my zipper wallet is in my zippered purse, in my locked bottom drawer. Just grab my phone and I can get a snack.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Lol. Chase is the biggest bank out there. Samsung pay will be just fine

I agree. I think Samsung will be fine, too. Credit card companies and banks won't care who you deal with as long as they get their money! So more bank and credit unions will come abroad eventually.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

I love reading through the http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-pay/587097-samsung-pay-officially-released.html thread and how people hear "apple pay doesn't work here." and then the receipt for samsung pay pops out.

Where have you tried apple pay vs samsung pay? Did one work better for you? Or has it been even?

fooferdoggie

Sep 6, 2015
Visit site
I love reading through the http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-pay/587097-samsung-pay-officially-released.html thread and how people hear "apple pay doesn't work here." and then the receipt for samsung pay pops out.

Where have you tried apple pay vs samsung pay? Did one work better for you? Or has it been even?

I have only used applepay and googlepay and android pay since I don't have a supported samsung card. I never had a problem with applepay finding the terminal and I did not remember it with google play but adroidpay it seems I have to find the right spot.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad