10-25-2017 05:34 PM
1,203 ... 910111213 ...
tools
    The reader error is that u should move the phone to different location a little up or down. That has happened to me b4 and that what I did to make it work.
    Tried multiple times in different spots. I've had over 100 successful transactions everywhere else. I plan to return soon and try again.

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-19-2015 01:50 AM
    another trick is to keep the phone steady for some extra seconds and finger off the fingerprint sensor
    11-19-2015 02:28 AM
    I went to Starbucks recently to try out Samsung Pay. At Starbucks, I noticed their mag stripe reader is easy to be seen. You would normally give your card to the barista, but there is a sticker with two little arrows. If you frequently go to Starbucks and want to use Samsung Pay, put it there. The baristas that were in charge of the register insisted that "Apple Pay doesn't work". The process was so fast that by the time they finished stating that, they were in shock about how the receipt just spit out of the machine. They asked how did I do it and I explained to them because they were so curious. One of the baristas said "I have an S6 but never decided to use it. Now I will because thats the coolest thing I've ever seen".
    Jpeezy33 and Mr_Bugman like this.
    11-20-2015 09:26 AM
    Hmm didn't work at carls jr. I know someone posted that they had it work there for them their reader was on the left
    11-20-2015 11:02 AM
    I finally got it to work at best buy with my Amex card
    11-21-2015 01:11 PM
    Do they ask for cvv code at best buy?
    11-21-2015 01:12 PM
    Some people say that you have to wait on cashier to select debit or credit or even pay with card for transactions to work. This is not the case 100% of the time. I have used samsung pay before where I used it before they inputted the price. Try this the next time u r at a self checkout after u scan your first item go and use samsung pay and then after you are done with transaction see what happens. I did this at Arby's where I have to scan it first then they inputted the price.

For the person who got error at Lowe's did u try different spot on the machine, and also ensure it is close if not tapping the machine as well as having the back of the phone facing the cc swipe. Just little tups that might work.
    At circle K i did this and it worked. While they were ringing me up i used samsung pay on the terminal, hit credit then waited for them to enter all items i was buying. Then finished on terminal, maybe i hit ok or something. Anyway, pre samsung pay credit worked, usbank debit card. Thanks jpeezy.

Jpeezy33 likes this.
    11-21-2015 01:36 PM
    Do they ask for cvv code at best buy?
    Yes
    11-21-2015 02:22 PM
    Walmart today It went through entire process but then it said unable to read ATM or credit. I don't know why this happen but I have never had this happen at WalMart before.
    11-21-2015 05:20 PM
    Yes
    What number did you give them for the cvv(not actual number)? I thought there wasn't a static cvv number on samsung pay. Was it the virtual 4 numbers given on soay?
    11-21-2015 07:05 PM
    What number did you give them for the cvv(not actual number)? I thought there wasn't a static cvv number on samsung pay. Was it the virtual 4 numbers given on soay?
    Yes, you use the virtual #
    11-21-2015 07:50 PM
    Yes, you use the virtual #
    I think those are just the last 4 of the card number and not cvv code. I was asked for cvv code at an apple store and the last 4 of the card did not work.

Side note. When #spay worked as nfc and not mst transaction went through without needing cvv code.
    11-21-2015 08:00 PM
    Card did not work at ****'s Sporting Goods. It appeared that the transaction was going through and then the cashier told me that the transaction declined. Took out my card and swiped it and it went through with no problems.

11-22-2015 06:41 PM
    Should report it to samsung support team.
    11-22-2015 06:56 PM
    I have been having the same problems. Samsung Pay worked the first 2wks and then after every where i went it declined. I thought maybe i am just not putting it in the right spot but it would take my pin # and then decline. I would pull out the real card and swipe. I went on BOA website and removed my other card from android pay thinking that was the problem but it still has not worked. I have been back and forth on the phone with Samsung and BOA trying to figure it out. Finally a Samsung Pay rep told me today that there should be an update coming out tomorrow (11/23) for Samsung pay and that "should" fix the errors. Although when i was telling him about the problems he sounded like he had never head of this issue. So i guess we will wait and see
    11-22-2015 08:09 PM
    Chase bank cards now supported!

11-23-2015 02:10 AM
    I have been having the same problems. Samsung Pay worked the first 2wks and then after every where i went it declined. I thought maybe i am just not putting it in the right spot but it would take my pin # and then decline. I would pull out the real card and swipe. I went on BOA website and removed my other card from android pay thinking that was the problem but it still has not worked. I have been back and forth on the phone with Samsung and BOA trying to figure it out. Finally a Samsung Pay rep told me today that there should be an update coming out tomorrow (11/23) for Samsung pay and that "should" fix the errors. Although when i was telling him about the problems he sounded like he had never head of this issue. So i guess we will wait and see
    Credit works but debit has been having problems for some bofa customers.

11-23-2015 02:11 AM
    Thanks! Didn't even think to try credit I will try it out next time . Just figured this should work and it's not. Havent had problems with my citi credit card
    11-23-2015 05:38 AM
    I tried at Dennys yesterday multiple times and nothing just kept saying unrecognized now maybe it's there system since there has to be a tip added but that shouldn't be a factor due to tabletop registers at chili's. Becoming a little disappointed lately it's only been working at places I frequent but like walmart and Dennys no success. Should I delete card and redo it? Any siggestions?
    11-23-2015 06:41 AM
    I tried at Dennys yesterday multiple times and nothing just kept saying unrecognized now maybe it's there system since there has to be a tip added but that shouldn't be a factor due to tabletop registers at chili's. Becoming a little disappointed lately it's only been working at places I frequent but like walmart and Dennys no success. Should I delete card and redo it? Any siggestions?
    Be patient. Allegedly, there's an update to the app coming today
    11-23-2015 07:08 AM
    Since the Chipotle e coli outbreak and there refusal to take Samsung Pay, I will never eat there again. The casher was open about taking Samsung Pay and one time it said card error. Then as I tried it again, another co-worker moves my hand and says "We don't take phone payments like Apple Pay where is your card". I tried explaining that my card is on my phone and that I have a Samsung Pay device and she was very ignorant and said "Apple Pay doesn't work. We don't want to be responsible for fraud". I said "Fraud, what do you mean? This is my actual card". She tried to sound intelligent by saying that phones that pay with cards are responsible for hacking and that to stop using SPay. I didn't listento her because she didn't know that MST was secure because obviously don't have NFC. Should I call corporate.
    Jpeezy33 likes this.
    11-23-2015 08:02 AM
    yes you should call corporate.
    11-23-2015 08:20 AM
    Since the Chipotle e coli outbreak and there refusal to take Samsung Pay, I will never eat there again. The casher was open about taking Samsung Pay and one time it said card error. Then as I tried it again, another co-worker moves my hand and says "We don't take phone payments like Apple Pay where is your card". I tried explaining that my card is on my phone and that I have a Samsung Pay device and she was very ignorant and said "Apple Pay doesn't work. We don't want to be responsible for fraud". I said "Fraud, what do you mean? This is my actual card". She tried to sound intelligent by saying that phones that pay with cards are responsible for hacking and that to stop using SPay. I didn't listento her because she didn't know that MST was secure because obviously don't have NFC. Should I call corporate.
    I can't stand the people like this I've run into. The cashier at Hardee's who thought it was a good idea to push my hand away and yell at me is no longer employed.

Nathan Innocent and Jpeezy33 like this.
    11-23-2015 10:06 AM
    Just used S-Pay in the self checkout at Walmart. Used a BofA credit card. It worked perfectly. No signature needed. Quick and easy. It even now shows the transaction history in S-Pay.

11-23-2015 10:59 AM
    Just used S-Pay in the self checkout at Walmart. Used a BofA credit card. It worked perfectly. No signature needed. Quick and easy. It even now shows the transaction history in S-Pay.

Was it a newer reader or older one? Bc mine didn't work the other day.
    11-23-2015 02:04 PM
1,203 ... 910111213 ...