10-25-2017 05:34 PM
1,203 ... 1112131415 ...
tools
    Who has tried it at chipotle and has gotten it to work. If you do please let me know.
    The Chipotle I go to you need to let them know of the type of card first... IE visa, mastercard.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Nathan Innocent likes this.
    11-24-2015 09:32 PM
    Thank you so much!! I just switched jobs and I was thinking about that now. Did you try it there? What was their reaction

11-24-2015 09:36 PM
    I just registered with Samsung Pay yesterday, and I can't get any MST transactions to work- the 'card' is read fine, but the transaction ALWAYS gets declined; if I pull out the physical card, the transaction goes through. Also if I use Samsung Pay at an NFC enabled terminal it will go through... Any suggestions? Neither my bank (Navy Federal Credit Union) nor Samsung Pay Support have any ideas. For reference I tried MST at the following places:
    -Rite Aid
    -Card enabled (not NFC) soda machine
    -7 Eleven
    -Campus convenience store

11-25-2015 01:48 AM
    Trying tapping it on the card reader quickly or a longer tap. I believe you can leave it there 2 long
    11-25-2015 05:01 AM
    I just registered with Samsung Pay yesterday, and I can't get any MST transactions to work- the 'card' is read fine, but the transaction ALWAYS gets declined; if I pull out the physical card, the transaction goes through. Also if I use Samsung Pay at an NFC enabled terminal it will go through... Any suggestions? Neither my bank (Navy Federal Credit Union) nor Samsung Pay Support have any ideas. For reference I tried MST at the following places:
    -Rite Aid
    -7 Eleven

Okay I have used it at three out of four places you tried it. I recommend uninstalling Spay and reinstalling. Re-add your card. Just remember that the soda machine reads the phone if you put its back on the right hand side of it. 7-Eleven always works as credit at their registers. Campus convenience Stores have the big register that you give the card to them???. I normally tell them debit and place my phone near the reader.
    Jpeezy33 likes this.
    11-25-2015 07:10 AM
    Soooo what about it working but the transaction never showing up on your statement? Used Citibank credit card at Walmart, went thru but never saw the transaction and a couple of days later, Citi called me talking about "possible fraud" so I had to close my account and get a new card. I had not been using the card for months, that is why I am thinking Samsung Pay is the culprit. But I guess I got $100 worth of stuff for free. This hasn't happened to anyone??
    11-25-2015 09:44 AM
    I just notice that chase cards give you a nice little check mark once the payment goes through. I don't know if other cards have this feature
    11-25-2015 12:14 PM
    Just tried SPay at a location that didn't work. I tried it last week (without success) at this store and just tried it again today. I have had great success with SPay in most stores, but no dice with this one.

The store recently installed new terminals to support Apple Pay specifically (according to the cashier). I used S-Pay by holding my phone over the card swiping portion of the terminal and moving it up and down slowly. In hindsight, I'm wondering if I should have just held the phone over the NFC reception portion of the terminal. I recall reading that every terminal that supports Apple Pay should also support Android NFC payments. Does anyone know if that's actually true? Next trip, I'll try just hovering over the terminal's NFC area.

I don't know if the location will be helpful to very many people since it was a local market (unless you live in the RTP, NC area), but it was the Grand Asia Market.
    11-25-2015 12:39 PM
    Yes, you should have put your phone on the NFC field just like Apple pay folks do.
    11-25-2015 02:03 PM
    Tried at Chipotle and the employees there are so simple minded like they don't know what I'm talking about....
    11-25-2015 03:01 PM
    Tried at Chipotle and the employees there are so simple minded like they don't know what I'm talking about....
    Just tell them "promise you it works just put it in as a (enter card type here)"

11-25-2015 04:17 PM
    Works nowhere for me as they don't support ANY (7) of my cards.
    11-25-2015 04:37 PM
    First attempt to use it at AutoZone now that Navy Fed is on board. Transaction acted like it was working, and the transaction declined.

I used the plastic card that was loaded on SamPay and that worked fine.

Think this is just an issue with NavyFed?
    11-25-2015 04:46 PM
    Who has tried it at chipotle and has gotten it to work. If you do please let me know.
    I've done it at my local Chipotle twice already and worked both times.
    11-25-2015 05:14 PM
    First attempt to use it at AutoZone now that Navy Fed is on board. Transaction acted like it was working, and the transaction declined.

I used the plastic card that was loaded on SamPay and that worked fine.

Think this is just an issue with NavyFed?
    Give it another shot. Sometimes the physical cars doesn't work on the first try either
    11-25-2015 06:08 PM
    I had it fail at TJ Max, but it was my first attempt and it tried reading it but said failed about 3 times and I was too nervous to keep trying since others were waiting in line. After that I tried at Home Depot and Giant Eagle with success at both places. I actually place it over the terminal where card goes and slightly move it down (like you would when swiping your card).
    markbc likes this.
    11-25-2015 07:08 PM
    I've found the best way to troubleshoot declines is to call your bank after you get a few because they can see specific details and reasons of each attempt and can change settings on the account or at least point you in the right direction.

BoA has helped me three times and now I haven't been declined in weeks.

11-25-2015 08:46 PM
    Does work at TJX Companies or Harbor Freight
    11-25-2015 08:58 PM
    Any Bareburger in NYC. Old machines I think they say invalid card. Besides that I have had a pretty good track record.
    11-25-2015 11:37 PM
    This is an odd thread. Especially since SSP works so well for me!

- Since my S6 Active updated to 5.1.1, I have had and started using Samsung Pay.
    - It has worked terrifically in every place I have tried it.

Today, however, I actually thought it would fail in the US Post Office! It did not accept the first or second cycle, Thw postal clerk stated that the message was "invalid card." I thanked him and said I would try one more time or then use my regular credit card, but the third time worked! I went slowly and steadily and decided to focus the back of the phone toward the UPPER part of the credit card reader slde/groove. . . . It worked perfectly!
    The Post Office worker was a bit surprised; and then said "I am supposed to ask for the security code on the .err.. card . . . " Of course the program provides this code and it worked.

- In Safeway, the attendant told me not to bother -they did not have that technology yet, and that I should just swipe my credit card. I thanked him and tried anyway and it simply worked the first time. After it worked, the clerk was surprised and asked "how did you do that"? At the same time the next checkout attendant looked over and asked "Is that Apple Pay"? I told them that it was Samsung Pay --it lets the phone mimic the magnetic strip of a credit card, and Apple should have it in a couple of years..

- About 60-70% of the time I have gotten it to work on the first hold --The rest of the time it has worked on second attempt (except at the post office today!). Most places just look at me doing it and accept it like it happens every day -no big deal. Some have reacted a bit like the Safeway folks "is that Apple Pay"? ;-(

- As of today, I have used at about a dozen places. That's bad, since I am spending money, but it's good since I don't bother taking out my wallet!

I do notice that there is no one uniform location on the magnetic card readers where I should place my phone to have it work best --(Upper part of the strip/slide, middle part of the strip/slide) or lower part of the strip/slide).
    Some readers read the phone anywhere, others in the middle part of the slide groove; and, in the post office, it appeared that I needed to hold the back of the phone near the top portion of the magnetic card reader. . .

- Maybe it is my technique. When I am slow and careful it seems to work better at first pass. When I simply try to rush it, then I may be causing it to misread or not be steady enough to read. . . not sure.

All in all, the technology works -at least for me.

Mark
    11-26-2015 12:20 AM
    @averypa

Make sure you use the security code provided by Samsung Pay and not the actual security code on the card. They are different --probably for security reasons. That is the only reason why I think it would be declined -unless the card has some dollar limit or is not part of the SSP program. When I registered my AMEX cards, Samsung and Amex both sent me emails that my cards were registered and could be used with SSP. I tried to register my USAA card with SSP but it could not be used with SSP,
    Good luck!

Used at Post Office, Target, CVS, Trader Joes, Whole Food, Safeway, Savemart, Starbucks, Home Depot, and a few other stores that I can't remember off hand.
    11-26-2015 12:55 AM
    @romeobob2

Don't hold the phone near the NFC pad --try placing ("hovering," not swiping) the phone where the old fashioned slot for credit cards is on the side of the machine.
    The signal is not that strong and won't hit the card strip reader if you hold it up by the Apple Pay receiver.

Also, while Apple Pay is NFC, I don't think it works for Samsung Pay or even Android Pay. I think (but am not sure) that Apple Pay is proprietary.
    11-26-2015 01:01 AM
    -Rite Aid
    -7 Eleven

If u r using it at debit try it as credit. Some places system will not do debit but credit will work so just cancel debit and select credit. If this doesn't work try deleting the card and reading it. Also did u have to call your bank or get the email when u set it up initially?

11-26-2015 07:29 AM
    Great response Nathan, with all these post everyone is remembering tips and tricks and passing it on. How's it been going for you when using Samsung Pay?

On a side note how many people use NFC when given the chance or you just stick to MST?

Nathan Innocent likes this.
    11-26-2015 07:32 AM
    Soooo what about it working but the transaction never showing up on your statement? Used Citibank credit card at Walmart, went thru but never saw the transaction and a couple of days later, Citi called me talking about "possible fraud" so I had to close my account and get a new card. I had not been using the card for months, that is why I am thinking Samsung Pay is the culprit. But I guess I got $100 worth of stuff for free. This hasn't happened to anyone??
    The only thing I can say to that being a fraud it could be that you may had to have called the bank upon setup or reply to an email you should have been given an option of one of the 2. When u talked to the bank about the fraud make sure they know u r using Samsung Pay. So it won't happen again. Was this a local walmart or out of town that could be it as well. Especially during holiday season.

11-26-2015 07:35 AM
1,203 ... 1112131415 ...