10-25-2017 05:34 PM
1,203 ... 1415161718 ...
tools
    I need to have that kind of talk with NFCU then. I spoke with two customer service reps today and they couldn't tell me anything just blamed Samsung pay. Called samsung pay and they blamed NFCU. Go figure...

Posted with my NOTE 5 on damn verizon!
    11-30-2015 08:58 PM
    I need to have that kind of talk with NFCU then. I spoke with two customer service reps today and they couldn't tell me anything just blamed Samsung pay. Called samsung pay and they blamed NFCU. Go figure...

Yeah buddy. Definitely ask to speak to a supervisor and tell them that Samsung Pay only fails with Navy Federal and that the rest of your cards (even if you don't have any other) work just fine. Ask to speak to a supervisor.

Tell them to take you off the "high fraud tier" .
    ZOMMBIE1 likes this.
    11-30-2015 09:10 PM
    It didn't work at the swipe readers that are attached to the register, like at almost every mom and pop restaurant. The post office asked to see my card and needed to enter the last 4 of my card number, and using the virtual number failed.
    Wow that is weird I have encountered used my digital card number I nly twice and it worked like a charm just to make sure u used the correct card with number little mistakes may happen. I seem a video wh r really a guy used it at a post office I believe. It's on YouTube and he didn't get asked for number granted he used it as debit.

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-01-2015 07:40 AM
    I spoke with NFCU and they said a lot of people are calling with SP issues. So far the only place I can get it to work is Walmart. Declined everywhere else. Even terminals that accept mobile payment.

SP has worked everywhere for my NFCU card except Walmart. They force me to use the chip on the card instead of swiping. I have gotten the card declined when I used Android Pay. After speaking with customer service, they blamed it on Visa, did something with my account and haven't had issues since then. Fingers are still crossed...
    12-01-2015 12:21 PM
    SP has worked everywhere for my NFCU card except Walmart. They force me to use the chip on the card instead of swiping. I have gotten the card declined when I used Android Pay. After speaking with customer service, they blamed it on Visa, did something with my account and haven't had issues since then. Fingers are still crossed...
    I go to Walmart often and Samsung Pay hasn't failed me with my CashRewards card from Navy Federal. I always wait until the cashier hits total to tap the terminal. Works fine everytime.
    12-01-2015 01:38 PM
    I haven't been able to get it to work lately at walmart even through self checkout. It beeps I put in credit or debt then say unable to read card I have BOA

12-01-2015 02:26 PM
    Didn't work at target self check out, but work with target cashier check out.
    12-01-2015 03:08 PM
    I have been using Samsung Pay very successfully. The only place it fails is at my local Subway restaurant.

12-01-2015 03:22 PM
    I just used it at chik fil a. First time, nothing happened. Tried it again and it processed almost instantly. I could hear the cashier whispering to her manager as I walked away "He just paid with his phone"
    12-01-2015 05:22 PM
    Should be reported to samsung support.
    12-01-2015 05:45 PM
    I'm with NFCU and although it was working fine for me at first I've had my last three transactions declined. I called the bank and no fraud alert was placed on my account. I had the rep try to tell me Samsung Pay will ONLY be accepted at card readers that specifically have the Samsung Pay logo on it. ROFL

So now I can't figure out why it's being declined all the time...
    12-01-2015 07:12 PM
    have you registered the card on android pay? if so, then try removing from there and try again.
    12-01-2015 07:21 PM
    I'm with NFCU and although it was working fine for me at first I've had my last three transactions declined. I called the bank and no fraud alert was placed on my account. I had the rep try to tell me Samsung Pay will ONLY be accepted at card readers that specifically have the Samsung Pay logo on it. ROFL

So now I can't figure out why it's being declined all the time...
    That rep has no idea what he is talking about. I advise you call again and speak to a supervisor. It is NFCU placing fraud alerts when using a digital wallet. Ask to be transferred to the fraud department and talk to a supervisor.
    12-01-2015 07:24 PM
    That rep has no idea what he is talking about. I advise you call again and speak to a supervisor. It is NFCU placing fraud alerts when using a digital wallet. Ask to be transferred to the fraud department and talk to a supervisor.
    Yeah just had it declined at CVS as well. I'll do as you suggest and see if someone else there can help.
    12-01-2015 07:39 PM
    Yeah just had it declined at CVS as well. I'll do as you suggest and see if someone else there can help.
    At CVS, nfc doesn't work. I had successful transactions by using MST.
    12-01-2015 09:24 PM
    At CVS, nfc doesn't work. I had successful transactions by using MST.
    I'm confused. Doesn't Samsung Pay only use MST technology?

I called NFCU again and no one could determine why my card is being declined. No fraud alerts have been placed on my card at all, and I specifically told them about your experience MikeYuse. They are at a loss. They had me on hold for about 30 minutes trying to figure it out.
    12-01-2015 09:57 PM

I called NFCU again and no one could determine why my card is being declined. No fraud alerts have been placed on my card at all, and I specifically told them about your experience MikeYuse. They are at a loss. They had me on hold for about 30 minutes trying to figure it out.
    Try deleting the card from SP, clear data and cache of the SP app, and reload the card again. See if that helps.

When swiping the physical card, does it decline?
    12-01-2015 10:21 PM
    I used it at Five Guys today when I was on my break. They have the terminal similar to Dunkin donuts. I tapped it and the beep went off and the guy was like " Oh Sh*t this guy just paid with his phone" He told all of the co-workers and they started getting happy because they thought apple pay was accepted. I bursted their bubble by telling them its Samsung Pay and I showed them because they were curious. The cashier had a Note 4 and asked me if it would work. I told him no because I have the Note 5. He said he's dropping by his carrier soon to trade phones. Priceless
    12-01-2015 10:26 PM
    I used it at Five Guys today when I was on my break. They have the terminal similar to Dunkin donuts. I tapped it and the beep went off and the guy was like " Oh Sh*t this guy just paid with his phone" He told all of the co-workers and they started getting happy because they thought apple pay was accepted. I bursted their bubble by telling them its Samsung Pay and I showed them because they were curious. The cashier had a Note 4 and asked me if it would work. I told him no because I have the Note 5. He said he's dropping by his carrier soon to trade phones. Priceless
    That's what in talking about samsung pay at its finest

Nathan Innocent likes this.
    12-02-2015 06:16 AM
    Samsung Pay has worked everywhere I tried it except at an IHOP. They have an unusual card reader built into their cash register and the card slot is very deep and we couldn't find any way to make it work. The cashier was very interested in getting it to work so we tried it several times moving the phone every way possible, but it just would not work. It has worked at many places where the card reader is built into the cash register, but this one was too deep. Otherwise, it has worked everywhere: Target, Walmart, Publix, Walgreens, Rite-Aid, K-Mart, Wendys, Taco Bell, Hardees, Auto Zone, Creative Graphics (a printing company in Lebanon, TN), US Post Office, etc. At first it did take me a few tries to figure out the best way to make the magnetic "sweet spot" do it's magic, but now it is no problem at almost all locations.

Now I just need an electronic drivers license and I won't have to carry my wallet at all.
    I found the key to IHOP I hold the phone near the top portion of the reader. Basically if you are looking at the reader as a cashier far left is where I held it both times and it worked any other spot would get invalid or nothing at all. There's built into it correct and ur sideways?

12-02-2015 06:44 AM
    Had a card read error at Walmart yesterday. It's worked at several Walmarts before with different readers but first time trying at another location it wasn't happening. Tried 3 times before switching to the same physical card which worked.

It did look like the same machine with the chip reader that has always worked at other locations.

In other news I'm still trying to get the cafeteria at work to let me use SPay. I've now contacted their merchant account service directly. The cafeteria management is being polite they're just not exactly tech savvy people and are worried about fraud or violating the terms of their merchant account. Frustrating.

12-02-2015 07:29 AM
    I used S-pay at Lowe's. BofA credit. First attempt was card read error. Cashier said "Sorry we don't take Apple Pay" I asked if I can try once more. she said OK. I did and it went right through. She said "What did you do!?" I told her it's Samsung Pay, not Apple.
    12-02-2015 10:43 AM
    No, Samsung Pay also has NFC built into it. Next time you use it notice that the NFC symbol automagically shows up in the notification bar even without turning it on.
    12-02-2015 10:51 AM
    Maybe I didn't do something correctly. I downloaded my Samsung Pay app when it first came out but none of my card were supported. I waited until just recently when Chase cards were finally supported and added my Chase card that day. I have been eager to try it out, but I am also shy about trying it because I always feel silly trying to use my phone to pay. Finally tonight I was at a Meijer store here in Michigan and when I finished ringing up my items, I selected the debit/credit button to pay and the screen stated ti swipe my card using the reader. I slid up from the home button and saw my chase card on my phone screen. I placed my thumb on the home button to authorize with my fingerprint, and it went to the picture showing what to do with the phone and the phone began the vibrating pulses that it does. I set the phone against the card reader right at the slot that you would typically swipe the card. After about one second, a green check mark came up on the screen which I assumed indicated that it was a success. I then pulled my phone back, but nothing happened on the actual self checkout kiosk. It didn't register any payment, no message, nothing... it was as if I swiped nothing. At this point my phone went dark, so I pressed the button on the side of my phone to wake it up and slid up from the bottom again to display my Chase card for Samsung Pay, but this time it would not register my thumb print. I tried several times and it simply said "no match." By this point it had been several minutes and I felt stupid standing there trying to pay with my phone so I gave up and swiped my card and paid and left within seconds. I hope it may be something I'm doing because I really want to use Samsung Pay and think it would be awesome if it worked.
    12-02-2015 07:45 PM
    The green check mark appears when Samsung pay is using NFC and successful. With MST, there is no check mark because the phone doesn't know the transaction until it gets the notification from server. I am not sure what happened to you but hope you to try again soon.
    12-02-2015 09:04 PM
1,203 ... 1415161718 ...