10-25-2017 05:34 PM
1,203 ... 1516171819 ...
tools
    It has consistently failed for me in Walmart for last few occasions, they all are new CC machine which has chip reader in built
    12-02-2015 10:46 PM
    It has consistently failed for me in Walmart for last few occasions, they all are new CC machine which has chip reader in built
    Same here with Walmart I was able to use it numerous times and now no success in do not know why that is even though they have chip reader I do not have to use that chip reader when paying with actual card. I am so baffled with this one. I recently used it at Lee Liquor but still haven't had success at Carls Junior keep getting invalid.

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-03-2015 05:44 AM
    You can directly post issues to @samsungpayus on twitter. This team is curious to know issues and sort them out.
    12-03-2015 06:55 AM
    NFCU is just trying to blame SP for their own issues. SP works just fine with Navy Federal; I use it everywhere without issues. When an SP transaction declines it is NFCU fraud department declining the transaction. They were doing it to me every single day.

I spoke to a supervisor and told them to either fix their "fraud detection" issues or I would take my business somewhere else. Their response was that they are placing my account in a "low fraud" tier and therefore their fraud department will not decline any further transactions.

Samsung Pay is working beautifully everywhere after that conversation.
    Another NFCU member here. I havent had a single transaction work yet. I get the decline message on every terminal. Try twice and give up. The physical card works just fine though.
    12-03-2015 06:04 PM
    You should let it know directly to @samsungpayus on twitter.
    12-03-2015 08:01 PM
    You can directly post issues to @itrainrhee on twitter. His team is curious to know issues and sort them out.
    I just did and got response immediately and they even asked for location. I guess that walmart issue is common

12-03-2015 08:44 PM
    @samsungpayus is the best place to log issues which will help make the service better.
    12-04-2015 12:05 PM
    I've had trouble at Safeway. Seems their terminals have the swipe on the right perpendicular to you, rather than the swipe channel facing you, making it more difficult for the phone and the terminal to communicate - am I doing something wrong?
    12-04-2015 01:53 PM
    I've had trouble at Safeway. Seems their terminals have the swipe on the right perpendicular to you, rather than the swipe channel facing you, making it more difficult for the phone and the terminal to communicate - am I doing something wrong?
    I just hold my phone over he magnetic reader and wait until I get the processed complete message. Sometimes it will give an error message first, but I just wait another 5 secs and it goes thru.
    12-04-2015 02:22 PM
    I just hold my phone over he magnetic reader and wait until I get the processed complete message. Sometimes it will give an error message first, but I just wait another 5 secs and it goes thru.
    Just to make sure I understand.. even if it errors out if you hold it there for awhile the transaction might still go through? Strange but good to keep in mind.
    12-04-2015 08:01 PM
    Just to make sure I understand.. even if it errors out if you hold it there for awhile the transaction might still go through? Strange but good to keep in mind.
    Yes. I'll hold the back of my S6 over the card reader and if I get a card read error I just keep my phone there and it will read it again in a few seconds and say approved (or something like that). I use it all the time at a few different Safeway stores with no problems.
    James8561 likes this.
    12-05-2015 07:41 AM
    Ever since I removed my BOA debit card from android pay and deleted and re-uploaded my card to Samsung pay its worked everywhere I've used it.

12-05-2015 09:23 AM
    Yes. I'll hold the back of my S6 over the card reader and if I get a card read error I just keep my phone there and it will read it again in a few seconds and say approved (or something like that). I use it all the time at a few different Safeway stores with no problems.
    I read somewhere that the Samsung pay app through MST sends two types of signals. Either way I've had it say card read error and then within 2 or 3 seconds the cardreader recognizes my card and I held the phone over the Swiper the whole time. Its just like if you're swiping your credit card and it says card read error. You might swipe your card again before trying a new card.

James8561 likes this.
    12-05-2015 12:35 PM
    So far been unsuccessful (MST)
    post office, aafes gas station, home depot, auto zone.
    Successful (MST) Dicks sporting goods, Walmart. Other than that it has worked at all NFC terminals. Bank NFCU. So declined 4 out of 6 times. Not very good so far.

Posted with my NOTE 5 on damn verizon!
    12-05-2015 06:37 PM
    Yeah its weird because I've had my check card, NFCU, decline everything, but when I use my credit card, it did go through once. At Target. That was the only place the Samsung pay worked for me.

12-05-2015 07:13 PM
    Just used it at Buffalo Wild wings, the lady said the usual "t won't work here we are not setup for that" So I said can I at least try, She was Kool and said yea so put it up it took a little bit and she said "see it wouldn't work" I said hmm, so i slid my phone down just a little and beep it worked. Her and her coworker was like what wow what type of phone is that? Also on a side note I did this all in one attempt. If it doesn't read at first you have plenty of time to move it.

12-05-2015 11:35 PM
    So far been unsuccessful (MST)
    post office, aafes gas station, home depot, auto zone.
    Successful (MST) Dicks sporting goods, Walmart. Other than that it has worked at all NFC terminals. Bank NFCU. So declined 4 out of 6 times. Not very good so far.

Posted with my NOTE 5 on damn verizon!
    Declines are the bank not the phone.

12-06-2015 01:19 AM
    So I used Samsung Pay at Lime Mexican Grill. When I used it the first time, the person said "It won't work". She smiled thinking it wouldn't work but I left her dumbfounded after it processed. I came back to the same merchant yesterday and she remembered my face. She said "my managers want to see you". I was like "Ok....". I was thinking "Is it that much of a hassle that I'm using Samsung Pay". The managers saw me do the transaction and when they saw it process, they came from behind the counter to talk to me. The managers were in awe and asked what app is it until I told them. She said "You're the first person to ever get that to work. We wanted to see it because to make sure the you don't get "fraud" charges." After that, I took my food and I felt very confused about the whole experience this time around.
    Jpeezy33 likes this.
    12-06-2015 07:25 AM
    This is just a suggestion for the Samsung Pay users. We know that it's awesome to surprise cashiers at merchants and show them what they are missing with their iPhones LOL. I've noticed this because they way how to use it is a little awkward to some people. They don't know what we are doing. I think as a suggestion, we should tell them "Paying with a debit/credit card could you please hit credit for me". Ask them to make sure that they did it and then put your phone there. Yes many merchants don't need to perform that step I just mentioned, but not everyone has the same system. This was an observation that I've realized over recent transactions.
    12-06-2015 07:54 AM
    I've been using SP for the last few months now, and I don't make a big deal about it. I don't announce, "I'm going to use my phone to pay", but rather I just casually hold my phone over the credit card reader and make the tranaction. I use SP for the convenience and more secure digital pay system rather than the Wow factor.
    12-06-2015 09:26 AM
    I've been using SP for the last few months now, and I don't make a big deal about it. I don't announce, "I'm going to use my phone to pay", but rather I just casually hold my phone over the credit card reader and make the tranaction. I use SP for the convenience and more secure digital pay system rather than the Wow factor.
    You misinterpreted my statement. I'm not saying "I'm paying with a cell phone. Now let your managers run to me.". Some associates aren't tech savvy and don't know what people that have these powerful phones are doing. I've had people ask me "What are you doing" as if I'm trying to be some con artist. It makes them more comfortable because they are adjusted to receiving a card, not a 700 dollar phone.
    12-06-2015 10:56 AM
    You misinterpreted my statement. I'm not saying "I'm paying with a cell phone. Now let your managers run to me.". Some associates aren't tech savvy and don't know what people that have these powerful phones are doing. I've had people ask me "What are you doing" as if I'm trying to be some con artist. It makes them more comfortable because they are adjusted to receiving a card, not a 700 dollar phone.
    What I do only if the reader is on their side I usually say ok I'm paying credit with my phone.. and I ask them go ahead and do what the need if i was paying with a card. The only response I get is the typical our system doesn't work like that I have yet to be denied. Even with the nontech savy they still allow me try it without hesitation they wanna prove me wrong. When it comes to readers on customer side I just go ahead and use it half the time the cashier doesn't realize what happen or how I paid, I just say I don't need the receipt and get to steppin. Lol

12-06-2015 09:09 PM
    Hey guys, I read this whole forum today and just wanted to know everyone's top tips and tricks for using samsung Pay. Also if there's any videos you'd recommend watching about samsung pay let me know. Thanks.
    12-06-2015 10:09 PM
    Hey guys, I read this whole forum today and just wanted to know everyone's top tips and tricks for using samsung Pay. Also if there's any videos you'd recommend watching about samsung pay let me know. Thanks.
    1st. Don't get upset when a cashier tries to tell you that they don't take "Apple Pay" .

2nd. I personally place the top of the phone to the middle of the magnetic swipe area.

3rd. If it isn't reading your phone, or it gives you an error, simply move the device upwards or downwards a bit until you find that "sweet spot".

4th. When the cashier is scanning the last item, I already have my SPay ready to go.
    James8561 likes this.
    12-07-2015 06:53 AM
    Awesome, any one else?

12-07-2015 07:00 AM
1,203 ... 1516171819 ...