10-25-2017 05:34 PM
1,203 ... 1617181920 ...
tools
    Awesome, any one else?

Posted via the Android Central App
    When you first install SP, it gives a tutorial on how it works. Also, you could check YouTube.
    12-07-2015 08:40 AM
    Just tap the phone quickly. It doesn't take long
    12-07-2015 08:43 AM
    What I do only if the reader is on their side I usually say ok I'm paying credit with my phone.. and I ask them go ahead and do what the need if i was paying with a card. The only response I get is the typical our system doesn't work like that I have yet to be denied. Even with the nontech savy they still allow me try it without hesitation they wanna prove me wrong. When it comes to readers on customer side I just go ahead and use it half the time the cashier doesn't realize what happen or how I paid, I just say I don't need the receipt and get to steppin. Lol

See you understand what I meant.

12-07-2015 09:18 AM
    This is how every cashier will treat you when you use Samsung Pay.
    12-07-2015 10:17 AM
    What he stayed is probably the best way to do it if also sometimes is turn my phone sideways so it on side or reader and it works.

Also places like IHOP where readers r in the machine you have to find that sweet spot IHOP sweet spot is far left or the reader the cashiers left..

Tips for people who get declined for debit at places like 711. Hit cancel run it as credit.

If you don't get a read in about 2-3secs move phone down or up a little answer hold it there the process is long enough for u to do it without starting ove

12-07-2015 05:34 PM
    any reader that can read "Chips" can use NFC at least.
    Just to clarify: I work for a retailer and while our pinpads support cards with a chip they do not support NFC. That's an add-on piece of hardware that wasn't available when we purchased the pinpads.
    12-08-2015 09:19 AM
    I've been using SP for the last few months now, and I don't make a big deal about it. I don't announce, "I'm going to use my phone to pay", but rather I just casually hold my phone over the credit card reader and make the tranaction. I use SP for the convenience and more secure digital pay system rather than the Wow factor.
    That's my experience too. I'd say that about 90% of the time no one notices what I'm doing. I don't mind, I don't want the attention I just want it to work.
    12-08-2015 09:26 AM
    What I do only if the reader is on their side I usually say ok I'm paying credit with my phone.. and I ask them go ahead and do what the need if i was paying with a card. The only response I get is the typical our system doesn't work like that I have yet to be denied. Even with the nontech savy they still allow me try it without hesitation they wanna prove me wrong. When it comes to readers on customer side I just go ahead and use it half the time the cashier doesn't realize what happen or how I paid, I just say I don't need the receipt and get to steppin. Lol

Same experience, lately the cashiers dont even notice.

Jpeezy33 likes this.
    12-08-2015 01:46 PM
    The only place I've had issues was at H&M. It always says card read error, then I end up having to use the physical card. The cashier was patient with me and allowed me to try three times, but it failed. Not sure what's going on, but I can't complain, when it works it really works.

In positive news, SP has worked at Walmart, Target, Kroger, vending machines, my barbershop (in which he flipped out), Subway, and Chick-fil-A.
    12-08-2015 02:30 PM
    I just successfully used Samsung Pay at Panera on one of their new tablet like pay stations. When I whipped out my phone to pay, she abruptly told me that it wasn't going to work because this machine was new. I tried a couple of times and each time the screen said something like "Unable to read card." Right before I punked out and grabbed my card, I told her that I wanted to try one last time. This time, I started at the bottom of the swipe slot and slowly worked my way up. It kept denying my payment until I hit the top of the slot. That was the sweet spot! At the same time, we both yelled "It worked!"

Next time I'll know that for this machine, the sweet spot is on top. Hope this helps other people who run up on this at Panera.

calicocat2010, 20blks and Koinod21 like this.
    12-08-2015 07:02 PM
    Had my first fail with it yesterday. T.J. Maxx's card reader kept saying "Card error." It was clearly seeing the device, but something was screwed up.

It was my only misfire since it became available back in October, so I can't complain too much.
    12-08-2015 09:46 PM
    Does anyone know why it does this?
    And how to fix it?
    12-09-2015 06:32 AM
    Had my first fail with it yesterday. T.J. Maxx's card reader kept saying "Card error." It was clearly seeing the device, but something was screwed up.

It was my only misfire since it became available back in October, so I can't complain too much.
    I had a similar issue at Family Dollar. The card reader kept saying card error, but the cashier's screen said invalid card. I haven't been able to find a solution yet.

It has worked everywhere else without problems.
    12-09-2015 06:42 AM
    So after been able to use it as debit at the grocery store call Smith's which is an affiliate of Kroger all of a sudden I was getting a not authorized transaction every time I use it as a debit now all of a sudden I'm able to use it as a debit funny thing

12-09-2015 07:26 AM
    I had a similar issue at Family Dollar. The card reader kept saying card error, but the cashier's screen said invalid card. I haven't been able to find a solution yet.

It has worked everywhere else without problems.
    I had it work at family Dollar without a problem with the error you got i would suggest moving it In a different part of the reader. I had that happen at a reader at different location and that's all I did. This all that problem is its just the placement. Think about if u swiped your card and your strip was bad you'll probably get error unable to read card to its similar.

12-09-2015 08:24 AM
    I just successfully used Samsung Pay at Panera on one of their new tablet like pay stations. When I whipped out my phone to pay, she abruptly told me that it wasn't going to work because this machine was new. I tried a couple of times and each time the screen said something like "Unable to read card." Right before I punked out and grabbed my card, I told her that I wanted to try one last time. This time, I started at the bottom of the swipe slot and slowly worked my way up. It kept denying my payment until I hit the top of the slot. That was the sweet spot! At the same time, we both yelled "It worked!"

Next time I'll know that for this machine, the sweet spot is on top. Hope this helps other people who run up on this at Panera.

I tried it at Panera literally just now and waiting for the food. No errors for me. Just a normal working transaction on the first try. Where was your Panera?
    12-09-2015 12:17 PM
    I tried it at Panera literally just now and waiting for the food. No errors for me. Just a normal working transaction on the first try. Where was your Panera?
    The Panera I was at is in Matteson, IL (a South suburb of Chicago).

12-09-2015 10:26 PM
    Used at a Starbucks today on campus at my university. Told cashier to hit tender and it went through quickly.
    12-11-2015 12:52 PM
    Did you guys here bout walmart having a mobile payment feature? I wonder if they will eliminate Samsung pay or any type of mobile payment and force u to use there mobile payment method.

12-11-2015 03:07 PM
    Yea I read about Walmart but Samsung Pay should still work on the MST side of it.
    20blks likes this.
    12-11-2015 04:27 PM
    Walmart pay is based on CurrantC BS it's worthless. Samsung pay is the best mobile payment system.
    12-11-2015 04:53 PM
    Walmart pay is based on CurrantC BS it's worthless. Samsung pay is the best mobile payment system.
    Best hands down
    12-11-2015 07:18 PM
    Did you guys here bout walmart having a mobile payment feature? I wonder if they will eliminate Samsung pay or any type of mobile payment and force u to use there mobile payment method.

I heard my man. It's like the card that we would use with Samsung Pay but in the form of a QR code.
    12-11-2015 11:57 PM
    I've been getting a lot of "invalid mag stripe" errors so I'm readding my card because I keep using it in the sweet spot.
    12-12-2015 12:01 AM
    May be try to remove the case and use mst
    12-12-2015 12:29 AM
1,203 ... 1617181920 ...