10-25-2017 05:34 PM
1,203 1234 ...
tools
    Hey is your 711 a square reader? If so if it reads it and allows you to input pin hit cancel and select credit.
    it didn't even get that far
    10-05-2015 05:32 PM
    It didn't work for me at Ikea and TJ Maxx.
    10-06-2015 01:54 PM
    I just used it at Target today no problem...their card readers are kinda weird though, you have to move the phone around the card strip but it should work

Sent from my Asus Zenphone 2!
    progers likes this.
    10-07-2015 02:38 AM
    Worked for me at 7-11....
    Me, too, but ... at first I thought it hadn't been recognized, until the clerk said, "Push credit or debit!" Hit credit, and he waived me out the door.
    progers likes this.
    10-07-2015 12:09 PM
    Yes sweet tomatoes went through but could not process it. That was my issue. It's not going to work at 100% if all the stores in the world they even stated that. This thread can be liked at as helpful for others who may be unable to use it at a store but someone else used it therfore we are helping them out, seems basically it is user error most of the time and then there are rare occasions where it just won't work.
    I had a failure the other day at a mom and pop take out teriyaki joint; the terminal was a small VeriFone unit that appeared to be using some sort of Chase software. I tried tapping the card swipe area three times before having to give up and use an actual card. The Korean owner, friendly with limited English, seemed as disappointed as I was. I believe I have seen something from Samsung saying that they only believe there is an actual 90% success rate in bypassing swiping.
    progers and Jpeezy33 like this.
    10-07-2015 12:16 PM
    At subway sandwiches today my us bank debit failed so I used citibank credit card and it worked.
    Jpeezy33 and progers like this.
    10-07-2015 02:44 PM
    At subway sandwiches today my us bank debit failed so I used citibank credit card and it worked.
    My first time at Subway it didn't work so u used it as NFC but the second time it went through smoothly. It is funny sometimes it might not work but once u get it to work it usually works all the time at that location. I am in old Town in Colorado and was able to use it 1 out of 3. The bad instance said "swipe card" the cashier was Kool kept telling me try it again. Bit it never worked.Both were disappointed.
    10-07-2015 03:08 PM
    Most of the time when it 'doesn't work' you just have to move the phone a bit to find where the reader is. Just like wireless chargers, sometimes you just have to find that 'sweet spot'. On newer readers, however, there shouldn't be an issue with just placing it on top.
    progers likes this.
    10-07-2015 05:47 PM
    Mine was the app issue. When I put fingerprint for us bank debit, a window popped up saying try again later. But when I fingerprinted the other card (citi credit) it started pulsing so I paid via mst
    Jpeezy33 likes this.
    10-08-2015 10:16 AM
    I had weird experience today. I got a time out on the cashiers end but when I look at the notification it showed the transaction was cancelled. I knew the cashier was canceling the transaction because it was over a minute. Granted this was at Coors Brewery on a tour.
    10-08-2015 09:49 PM
    Most of the time when it 'doesn't work' you just have to move the phone a bit to find where the reader is. Just like wireless chargers, sometimes you just have to find that 'sweet spot'. On newer readers, however, there shouldn't be an issue with just placing it on top.
    I did that numerous times we kept hearing a beep but nothing. Not disappointing bc they said "Samsung" that is that this could work virtually everywhere.
    10-08-2015 09:52 PM
    Now I frequently experience where the card just doesn't want to pull up when I swipe up with my finger.

My dry finger has something to do with it probably.
    10-09-2015 11:19 AM
    I was so excited waiting for Samsung Pay and now that I have it, I haven't had any luck. I've tried at Lowe's, Publix, Bath and Body Works, and Chick-fil-a. They all recognized some sort of MST but they all gave some kind of error and would not work. I've only tried American Express cards so far because all my Visa/MC are Chase, which isn't supported yet.
    progers likes this.
    10-09-2015 11:51 AM
    Now I frequently experience where the card just doesn't want to pull up when I swipe up with my finger.
    Up
    My dry finger has something to do with it probably.
    I had that problem one time as well. I had to go directly into the app to do the transaction. What I did next was to reset my phone and keep swiping it up over and over and haven't had the problem since. I don't think it was your dry finger. Just a simple glitch. I don't think it'll become to serious of an issue. I have the edge+,so I added it to my fav so I don't have to search for the app if it happens again.
    10-09-2015 11:52 AM
    I was so excited waiting for Samsung Pay and now that I have it, I haven't had any luck. I've tried at Lowe's, Publix, Bath and Body Works, and Chick-fil-a. They all recognized some sort of MST but they all gave some kind of error and would not work. I've only tried American Express cards so far because all my Visa/MC are Chase, which isn't supported yet.
    Have they completed the transaction? I don't know if you tried this but I hold it sometimes to the reader and it works. Can u video it so we can see bc it should work. Go find a McDonald's and try it order some fries for me. If it doesn't work there then you might be holding it incorrectly.
    10-09-2015 11:55 AM
    Have they completed the transaction? I don't know if you tried this but I hold it sometimes to the reader and it works. Can u video it so we can see bc it should work. Go find a McDonald's and try it order some fries for me. If it doesn't work there then you might be holding it incorrectly.
    Yes, it was waiting for my card to be swiped. Samsung says it needs to be within 5cm of the reader so I'm assuming that's 5cm from the actual magnetic head in the reader? Where exactly on my S6 is the magnetic field being generated? Top? Middle?

At least now I have a valid excuse for the wife on why I was at McDonalds! Will give it a shot
    10-09-2015 12:22 PM
    Yes, it was waiting for my card to be swiped. Samsung says it needs to be within 5cm of the reader so I'm assuming that's 5cm from the actual magnetic head in the reader? Where exactly on my S6 is the magnetic field being generated? Top? Middle?

At least now I have a valid excuse for the wife on why I was at McDonalds! Will give it a shot
    I have where the camera lens is at facing towards where the CC reader begins maybe a tincy bit higher say around where "Samsung" is written on the back of the phone to the most thickest part of CC reader. If that doesn't work then I dunno. I know u checked out videos and followed them exactly.
    10-09-2015 01:54 PM
    Had my first failure at a 5 guys burgers today. 1st time since about a week before release day.
    10-09-2015 03:43 PM
    Had my first failure at a 5 guys burgers today. 1st time since about a week before release day.
    What was the problem? Didn't read or did it read it but didn't go through.
    10-09-2015 04:23 PM
    What was the problem? Didn't read or did it read it but didn't go through.
    Read it but couldn't process it, Failure notice on the cash register.
    10-10-2015 05:07 AM
    That's what happens to me. The readers always read it but then I get an error on the reader or register.
    10-10-2015 06:44 AM
    Well it looks like things are going backwards for SamsungPay. Now cards that have a chip in them if emulated with SamsungPay the terminal says, please insert smart chip card. Ran in to this at WalMart yesterday. New software to force use of the smart chip if available. Has to do with fraud liabilty. As of October, if a merchant accepts a card swipe transaction, the fraud liability is on the merchant, not the bank. The bank only takes liability for smart chip read transactions. The whole card swipe infrastructure is now slated to disappear like it has in most of europe. So much for SamsungPay. Too little too late.

Now we again wait for merchants to accept NFC payments....back where we were 2 years ago. Bah, just not worth the trouble if it does not work most of the time.
    jhisey and progers like this.
    10-10-2015 07:10 AM
    Well it looks like things are going backwards for SamsungPay. Now cards that have a chip in them if emulated with SamsungPay the terminal says, please insert smart chip card. Ran in to this at WalMart yesterday. New software to force use of the smart chip if available. Has to do with fraud liabilty. As of October, if a merchant accepts a card swipe transaction, the fraud liability is on the merchant, not the bank. The bank only takes liability for smart chip read transactions. The whole card swipe infrastructure is now slated to disappear like it has in most of europe. So much for SamsungPay. Too little too late.

Now we again wait for merchants to accept NFC payments....back where we were 2 years ago. Bah, just not worth the trouble if it does not work most of the time.
    When? I just used me chip card with Samsung Pay at Walmart last night no problem and I know their chip reader is active bc I had to use it before instead of inserting my card. I didn't have to insert my card when using Samsung Pay.
    progers likes this.
    10-10-2015 09:25 AM
    Hmm. I will have to go try it myself. I have not been to a Walmart in October yet.
    10-10-2015 10:31 AM
    Read it but couldn't process it, Failure notice on the cash register.
    When that happened to me it was because the bank had put a hold on my card for fraud prevention.
    10-10-2015 10:34 AM
1,203 1234 ...