10-25-2017 05:34 PM
1,203 ... 1819202122 ...
tools
    Tried to use Samsung Pay @ Walmart this morning 2:24AM and was declined twice with error: PAYMENT DECLINED - REASON 56. Pulled out the Chase card I was using through Samsung Pay, swiped, and payment went through. Are they having a problem or something? I reset Samsung Pay, and re-added my Chase card and will try again the next time I go to Walmart.
    12-15-2015 03:09 AM
    Tried to use Samsung Pay @ Walmart this morning 2:24AM and was declined twice with error: PAYMENT DECLINED - REASON 56. Pulled out the Chase card I was using through Samsung Pay, swiped, and payment went through. Are they having a problem or something? I reset Samsung Pay, and re-added my Chase card and will try again the next time I go to Walmart.
    Try using it as credit
    12-15-2015 05:55 AM
    Probably a glitch. I have used it at Target without issue.
    12-15-2015 09:20 AM
    The one thing I have learned is it works best if you put the back of the phone against the reader. I know Samsung shows the phone on the side, but it seems to work better when the back is there. Also, if it doesn't accept it right away, try moving around the phone.
    12-15-2015 09:22 AM
    Tried using it at Fedex for the first time and the cashier insisted it didn't work. I tried once and froze her system. It did beep but I guess she did something on her end. Should I have asked to run it as credit instead because maybe that's why.
    12-15-2015 09:30 AM
    I will try that next time. Never had a problem before though. Cashier rings stuff up. The system waits for a payment. I use my finger print and put the device near the reader, it says processing, and asks me to punch in PIN, and then receipt prints. This is the first time I have ever had it happen at walmart. Do I need to tell them I want it run as a credit transaction instead of debit? It does not give you an option on the little pos display, it just says swipe payment method.
    12-15-2015 11:56 AM
    I will try that next time. Never had a problem before though. Cashier rings stuff up. The system waits for a payment. I use my finger print and put the device near the reader, it says processing, and asks me to punch in PIN, and then receipt prints. This is the first time I have ever had it happen at walmart. Do I need to tell them I want it run as a credit transaction instead of debit? It does not give you an option on the little pos display, it just says swipe payment method.
    Walmart is having issues I had it work then all of a sudden or won't work. I tweeted it to samsung mobile And pay and they asked for state and location. I noticed b4 I even tweeted on that the issue is a concern they posted they are working on it. This issue could be bank specific I failed at cashier and self checkout. When u failed did yours beep and then said unable to read credit or debit.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Cowamj04 likes this.
    12-15-2015 01:52 PM
    Guys and gals. I am wondering if any personel from samsung looked at this thread bc some of the things that we have posted since day 1 they have that on the new update info. It could be coincidence but I know I posted on Youtube about the 711 issue on day one.

12-15-2015 09:24 PM
    Guys and gals. I am wondering if any personel from samsung looked at this thread bc some of the things that we have posted since day 1 they have that on the new update info. It could be coincidence but I know I posted on Youtube about the 711 issue on day one.

If they are, "THANKS SAMSUNG...PLEASE ADD BEST BUY TO YOUR GIFT CARD LIST".
    12-15-2015 09:52 PM
    I have boa I have tried both debit and credit and have not been able to get it to work at Walmart but I have no problems at Kroger or Giants grocery store.
    12-16-2015 05:53 AM
    Yesterday, I was able to use Samsung Pay at a local WalMart with my BofA card. I used it for a credit transaction and a separate debit transaction and both sailed through.

I also used SPay at my local post office and totally blew the mind of one of the postal workers. She was like "No way, you did not just pay with your phone." And I was like, "Oh, yeah, I just did."
    calicocat2010 likes this.
    12-16-2015 10:24 AM
    I use Samsung pay a lot and generally don't have any problems. I have learned that the position and angle of the phone near the mag stripe reader can be important. Like others here in Texas, I'm unable to get it to work at any HEB terminals.
    12-16-2015 11:01 AM
    Hopefully department and sport stores get on board. I had to use physical card at Fanzz and GameDay Connexion.
    12-16-2015 11:49 AM
    Today had 4 declines 2 with debit and 2 as credit. It got processing on the cc pad but it said declined on the cashiers end. So I pulled out the card and it went right through. This was at my cleaners.

12-16-2015 07:00 PM
    I've been getting better and getting mine to work. I talked to a rep at one of the Samsung booths the other day while in a BestBuy. He told me to pull the phone away immediately once the terminal beeps. Ive done that and havent had an issue since. Even at a few places I was getting the decline message at before. He said some terminals think you are swiping over and over if you leave the phone on them for to many pulses.
    12-16-2015 08:24 PM
    I have a chip card. At places that don't work with the swipe but require the chip slot, I can't use Samsung Pay. I've heard that most cards will move to chips next year.

My Walmart has the new chip readers. No joy with those.

If that is true then Samsung Pay with become obsolete soon.
    12-17-2015 12:25 AM
    I have a chip card. At places that don't work with the swipe but require the chip slot, I can't use Samsung Pay. I've heard that most cards will move to chips next year.

My SP works at all chip readers around arizona. Chase debit card. Some have nfc some dont both work. In fact i much prefer the SP over inserting the card since it's much faster, so im glad it works.

12-17-2015 12:50 AM
    have you really tried using a chip card with samsung pay and failed?
    12-17-2015 01:52 AM
    All the cards I use with Samsung Pay are chip cards and Samsung Pay works just fine with those on chip enabled pos
    20blks, deibid and Cowamj04 like this.
    12-17-2015 05:23 AM

Try them as credit
    12-17-2015 06:50 AM
    have you really tried using a chip card with samsung pay and failed?
    Mine are chipped and I tried using Chase as a debit, but it failed. I didn't realize it has to be used as credit. I'll try that next time.
    12-17-2015 08:38 AM
    I think what he means is that chip enabled machines, ones where the slot is active, read the chip inside, so that he is afraid Samsung Pay would be useless there being unable to make contact. (Target for example)
    12-17-2015 10:07 AM
    So another out of the blue fail at Walgreens in which i used it numerous times actually the fails was "declined ". So had to use card again. I called my bank "BOA" they said everything is setup properly on my digital wallet. They ended up saying it is the merchants fault. I said ok but if it's at a location in which I frequent how is that possible. Any suggestions guys

12-17-2015 11:44 AM
    I think what he means is that chip enabled machines, ones where the slot is active, read the chip inside, so that he is afraid Samsung Pay would be useless there being unable to make contact. (Target for example)
    I use chip-and-dip cards on my Samsung Pay and never had a problem.. Tokenization FTW. (I think that's why anyways. Lol)
    Cowamj04 likes this.
    12-17-2015 09:12 PM
    The cashiers at Safeway are now asking for the last 4 digits of my credit card for checkout. Apparently, their transaction terminals are set up to read the card chip but their software isn't quite ready. So they let you swipe and they type in your last 4 digits to finish the transaction. I was told they have to implement the chip reader terminals if they want to avoid liability for fraudulent charges with your card number.
    12-17-2015 09:19 PM
1,203 ... 1819202122 ...