10-25-2017 05:34 PM
1,203 ... 1920212223 ...
tools
    The cashiers at Safeway are now asking for the last 4 digits of my credit card for checkout. Apparently, their transaction terminals are set up to read the card chip but their software isn't quite ready. So they let you swipe and they type in your last 4 digits to finish the transaction. I was told they have to implement the chip reader terminals if they want to avoid liability for fraudulent charges with your card number.
    Are u giving them the 4 digit digital number right. That should work that's what shows up on the transaction if I am not mistaken regardless if chipped or not. I had to give my 4 digit before for my chipped card and it was the digital number and it went smoove

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-17-2015 09:37 PM
    I used a debit card today at Safeway, and nothing different, although I used it as an actual debit with PIN entry not in credit mode. Cashier didn't ask for my card number.
    12-17-2015 11:05 PM
    Are u giving them the 4 digit digital number right. That should work that's what shows up on the transaction if I am not mistaken regardless if chipped or not. I had to give my 4 digit before for my chipped card and it was the digital number and it went smoove

Yes, I gave the cashier the correct 4 digit number from SP and the transaction worked fine. I'm just pointing out that from my experience. Safeway is changing their procedures at my store with their credit card transactions which require a 4 digit number when in the past that wasn't required. Note, that when I use the self serve checkout I don't need to bother with the 4 digit number.
    12-18-2015 05:24 AM
    I tried using SP at Rainbow Clothing Store in Hialeah, FL. The cashier kept arguing with me that it wouldn't work because they are not set up with that technology.

Lo and behold, I tap the phone to the terminal and prompt for the last 4 digits, I gave her the last 4 digital digits and the transaction failed twice.
    12-18-2015 05:42 AM
    No failures since the FedEx fail. I've went to Graziano's which btw has delicious food and I met the first optimistic cashier. She did what I told her "hit debit please" and transition went through. I work in a town center so many people haven't seen it so I show them when I pay from there

12-18-2015 09:17 AM
    So I have been in contact with Samsung mobile and Samsung Pay US. Regarding my all of a sudden failures they got my model number, carrier and made some suggestions. They even asked me if their suggestions worked. So they are staying up on these things if you do tweet them.

12-18-2015 03:36 PM
    I just used samsung pay at micro center. They have an apple pay sticker on the credit card reader. They salesman told me "we only accept apple pay". I tapped my phone, entered my pin and waited for my receipt. Lol
    Cowamj04 likes this.
    12-18-2015 05:21 PM
    So Samsung pay has officially stopped working for me I reset everything call the banks everything is all set but it has not worked. Ever since probably last Monday I don't know what the problem is I get it processing processing processing and then it says decline this has happened it numerous stores and so I just have to pull my card out and swipe it's so embarrassing

12-18-2015 07:20 PM
    At Subway, I can use their app. As long as I don't need to carry my wallet and I can have a sandwich I do not mind using their app.
    12-18-2015 11:52 PM
    So Samsung pay has officially stopped working for me I reset everything call the banks everything is all set but it has not worked. Ever since probably last Monday I don't know what the problem is I get it processing processing processing and then it says decline this has happened it numerous stores and so I just have to pull my card out and swipe it's so embarrassing

Which cards do you use? Is this like that for all your cards? Weird. Cuz you posted about a lot of successes in this forum.

Have you tried calling Samsung support center?
    12-19-2015 06:13 AM
    At Subway, I can use their app. As long as I don't need to carry my wallet and I can have a sandwich I do not mind using their app.
    How do you not carry a wallet? Don't you need to carry your drivers license, medical insurance card, auto insurance card, etc?
    calicocat2010 likes this.
    12-19-2015 07:48 AM

Have you tried resetting the app on the phone?
    How about wiping via findmymobile.samsung.com?
    12-19-2015 11:05 AM
    Which cards do you use? Is this like that for all your cards? Weird. Cuz you posted about a lot of successes in this forum.

Have you tried calling Samsung support center?
    Yea that is the funny thing samsung pay worked for me since the beta then all of a sudden Boom. I cleaned my phone the only thing I haven't tried was deleting and the readding. The reason why I haven't done that is bc the bank said my digital wallet was setup correctly and I am able to use the CC sometime but never the debit/cc card.

12-19-2015 11:21 AM
    I can't get mine to work anywhere
    12-19-2015 03:26 PM
    So just got off with Samsung Pay support. They had me force stop samsung framework then clear cache then uninstall samsung pay and redo it all over. So we will see if that works.

12-19-2015 03:47 PM
    When I try to use it it doesn't even seem to connect to the card reader - do I need to remove my case?
    12-19-2015 03:56 PM
    When I try to use it it doesn't even seem to connect to the card reader - do I need to remove my case?
    Depends on how thick your case is. Try it without the case and see if it works. Then turn around and do it with the case. SO I suggest a convenient stores or somewhere where u have self checkout so u can try it all same time.

12-19-2015 04:47 PM
    How do you not carry a wallet? Don't you need to carry your drivers license, medical insurance card, auto insurance card, etc?
    I keep the driver's license in the car. medical insurance card? Kaiser permanente has an app with my card on it.
    auto insurance card is kept in the glove compartment with my registration.

As suggested by another member of this forum, I have successfully used my drivers license at the gas pump to use my Samsung Pay today!!
    The first time it asked me to swipe the card again. So I tried again and it worked as if I had used a real credit card!

Here is what I did.
    1. Start Samsung pay transmission with my pin number (I use PIN instead of fingerprint).
    2. Keep holding it near the card slot.
    3. Stick the driver's license in all the way.
    4. Pull out the license quickly as I keep the back of the phone close to the slot.
    5. The pump asked for my billing zipcode.
    6. I entered the zipcode using the keypad.
    7. Authorized!!!

edit: somewhere in the steps I had to choose "Outside Credit"

This was at a 7/11 gas station.
    12-19-2015 07:11 PM
    There's an update to the app. Hopefully, this helps someone out who's having issues
    12-19-2015 09:38 PM
    Depends on how thick your case is. Try it without the case and see if it works. Then turn around and do it with the case. SO I suggest a convenient stores or somewhere where u have self checkout so u can try it all same time.

Tried again with and without the case and still no luck - then my wife whips out her iPhone and apple pay works with no problem - starting to wonder if something is wrong with my phone
    12-19-2015 10:50 PM
    Tried again with and without the case and still no luck - then my wife whips out her iPhone and apple pay works with no problem - starting to wonder if something is wrong with my phone
    I had that issues. Took my phone to the service center and if turned out my phone had an nfc related issue. Try sending your wife a pic via nfc.
    12-19-2015 10:52 PM
    So I used it today at Del Taco it took awhile but it worked.this was the first transaction since talking to the support.

20blks u said there was an update?

12-19-2015 11:33 PM
    So I used it today at Del Taco it took awhile but it worked.this was the first transaction since talking to the support.

20blks u said there was an update?

Yeah. Did you see it?
    12-19-2015 11:43 PM
    This is the update I received yesterday
    Attached Thumbnails Where Samsung Pay didn't work for you.-1450618539375.jpg  
    12-20-2015 07:36 AM
    So this is probably a really dumb question but could the launcher I use on my phone somehow affect samsung pay?
    12-20-2015 07:38 AM
1,203 ... 1920212223 ...