10-25-2017 05:34 PM
1,203 ... 2021222324 ...
tools
    This is the update I received yesterday
    I too got that last night on Verizon...
    12-20-2015 09:24 AM
    So this is probably a really dumb question but could the launcher I use on my phone somehow affect samsung pay?
    What do u mean launcher? Do u mean the way u get samsung pay up to work?

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-20-2015 11:21 AM
    So this is probably a really dumb question but could the launcher I use on my phone somehow affect samsung pay?
    I highly doubt it. You can use spay with the phone locked and at that point, the launcher isn't even in play
    12-20-2015 12:14 PM
    So I talked to support and they said that the new walmart pay thingy basically will not allow samsung pay. Now granted not all locations have that installed. So who had success and failures and what state was the walmart.

For me Walmart in LAS VEGAS

r56mcs and Cowamj04 like this.
    12-20-2015 04:35 PM
    So I talked to support and they said that the new walmart pay thingy basically will not allow samsung pay. Now granted not all locations have that installed. So who had success and failures and what state was the walmart.

I will use Target instead then.
    12-20-2015 04:47 PM
    I will use Target instead then.
    I'm about to try target but try walmart I mean it could be the changing of system in particular areas

12-20-2015 05:27 PM
    Worked at Target of course but would not allow return.

12-20-2015 05:45 PM
    Worked at Target of course but would not allow return.

So if I pay with Samsung Pay at Target, I won't be able to return the item in the event that something is wrong with it?
    12-20-2015 06:22 PM
    You can absolutely make returns.
    Found this on visa site...All purchases made through Samsung Pay can be returned according to the store’s policies. If you return an item paid for through Samsung Pay, the store may require you to hover your phone over the card reader to complete the return.
    MikeYuse0406 likes this.
    12-20-2015 06:33 PM
    You can absolutely make returns.

Thanks for the clarification. So far I haven't had the need to return anything but it's good to know the process when the time comes.
    12-20-2015 06:38 PM
    I ran into issues at my local Lowe's. Used it without fail until the other day failed three times. Asked for debit pin then failed. Never tried the credit. I use chase without fail until now. But the cashier did say they updated the software on their terminals the day before. She was going to mention it to their it people.
    12-20-2015 06:58 PM
    For you Walmart still fails?
    12-20-2015 07:46 PM
    I don't think Walmart can stop you from using samsung pay. It might be a breach of contract with the card issuers like Visa or Mastercard.
    20blks likes this.
    12-20-2015 07:52 PM
    I ran into issues at my local Lowe's. Used it without fail until the other day failed three times. Asked for debit pin then failed. Never tried the credit. I use chase without fail until now. But the cashier did say they updated the software on their terminals the day before. She was going to mention it to their it people.
    I have Chase too, but didn't realize that using SP with your debit card, you have to do it as credit. The virtual pin for debit will fail.
    12-20-2015 08:23 PM
    I have Chase too, but didn't realize that using SP with your debit card, you have to do it as credit. The virtual pin for debit will fail.
    You need to use your original pin number you use with your original physical debit card. Just like you did before Samsung pay. Chase already knows the new virtual card number will use the same pin as your old card. I have always used it that way and never had a fail until Lowe's. But I've used it at the same Lowe's before as a debit.
    12-20-2015 08:39 PM
    So if I pay with Samsung Pay at Target, I won't be able to return the item in the event that something is wrong with it?
    That I don't know, I mean it didn't work for me so they gave me cash it should work though I have had it work b4 at other stores

12-20-2015 08:58 PM

Support doesn't know what the hell they are talking about. There is absolutely no way that Walmart can block Samsung Pay. If they block Samsung Pay, then they block all credit card swipes from anyone. I've been using Samsung Pay at Walmart for almost 4 months now without a single issue in Texas, Illinois, Tennessee, Virginia, and Arkansas.
    20blks and ogdlow like this.
    12-20-2015 09:02 PM
    Are u able to use it at other locations

12-20-2015 09:03 PM
    Are u able to use it at other locations

Yep used it today at Walmart and Kroger without issue. Used it as debit. after pin entry it was approved and I went on with my day. Will try Lowe's again tomorrow.
    12-20-2015 09:09 PM
    Support doesn't know what the hell they are talking about. There is absolutely no way that Walmart can block Samsung Pay. If they block Samsung Pay, then they block all credit card swipes from anyone. I've been using Samsung Pay at Walmart for almost 4 months now without a single issue in Texas, Illinois, Tennessee, Virginia, and Arkansas.
    That's why I said it may be only certain stores. If you read some of my other post I had it work for a long time then all of a sudden it didn't work at walmart also some other peole Samething. If they say it then they say it
    But the thing is regardless if it is true or not I posted what was told to me. I didn't say that I would not keep trying.

12-20-2015 10:21 PM
    Samsung support needs to follow up with higher ups if Walmart actually is blocking samsung pay.
    12-20-2015 10:41 PM
    That's why I said it may be only certain stores. If you read some of my other post I had it work for a long time then all of a sudden it didn't work at walmart also some other peole Samething. If they say it then they say it
    But the thing is regardless if it is true or not I posted what was told to me. I didn't say that I would not keep trying.

I used samsung pay at Walmart yesterday and they asked me if it was Walmart pay
    12-20-2015 11:05 PM
    I used samsung pay at Walmart yesterday and they asked me if it was Walmart pay
    See that's why I posted to c who is having success at Walmart and whose not. Thank u for posting that it worked for u what state 20?

12-20-2015 11:19 PM
    See that's why I posted to c who is having success at Walmart and whose not. Thank u for posting that it worked for u what state 20?

Texas
    12-20-2015 11:26 PM
    Missouri walmarts works with Spay
    12-21-2015 05:35 AM
1,203 ... 2021222324 ...