Where Samsung Pay didn't work for you.

deibid

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
I just successfully used Samsung Pay at Panera on one of their new tablet like pay stations. When I whipped out my phone to pay, she abruptly told me that it wasn't going to work because this machine was new. I tried a couple of times and each time the screen said something like "Unable to read card." Right before I punked out and grabbed my card, I told her that I wanted to try one last time. This time, I started at the bottom of the swipe slot and slowly worked my way up. It kept denying my payment until I hit the top of the slot. That was the sweet spot! At the same time, we both yelled "It worked!"

Next time I'll know that for this machine, the sweet spot is on top. Hope this helps other people who run up on this at Panera.

Posted via the Android Central App

I tried it at Panera literally just now and waiting for the food. No errors for me. Just a normal working transaction on the first try. Where was your Panera?

Y2Dre

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I tried it at Panera literally just now and waiting for the food. No errors for me. Just a normal working transaction on the first try. Where was your Panera?

The Panera I was at is in Matteson, IL (a South suburb of Chicago).

Jpeezy33

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Did you guys here bout walmart having a mobile payment feature? I wonder if they will eliminate Samsung pay or any type of mobile payment and force u to use there mobile payment method.

Nathan Innocent

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
Did you guys here bout walmart having a mobile payment feature? I wonder if they will eliminate Samsung pay or any type of mobile payment and force u to use there mobile payment method.

I heard my man. It's like the card that we would use with Samsung Pay but in the form of a QR code.

Koinod21

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Samsung released several training videos in youtube. It says the best position is hovering half inch above and matching the camera to the mag swipe reader.

ZOMMBIE1

Trusted Member
May 24, 2015
Visit site
Tried using SP and bed bath and body Works and it froze there terminal/system had to wait till it reset lol

Posted with my NOTE 5 on damn verizon!

Jpeezy33

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
I think I am going to try Wal-Mart today and see if anything has changed. Since the last couple times I got unable to read card

MikeYuse0406

Nov 23, 2013
plus.google.com
I just took my son to Chuck E Chesse and the guy there when he saw I was getting my phone ready to pay he wouldn't let me. I kindly asked him to hit the credit key to activate the terminal and he flat out refused. He wouldn't activate the terminal until I gave him my physical card.

I tried to explain that this isn't Apple Pay and that ot will work. He was like, "we don't have the technology and until you give me your physical card I will not hit the credit key" .

The payment terminal is on my side. What an ignorant.

Last edited:

JohnnyK60

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
I was having problems today at Jersey Mike's sandwich shop until the clerk pushed a button, which I assumed was credit, after that I had to deal with the tip screen, and then the transaction went through in its entirety. Oddly, I still haven't gotten a confirming message from Samsung Pay as I always do with other transactions.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay