10-25-2017 05:34 PM
1,203 ... 2526272829 ...
tools
    I went to a Fedex store tonight to ship a package. After the clerk filled out the form, I wanted to pay with my SP and it failed on all my cards (CC and debit) . I don't carry cash or card on me as you all know. I walked out with my package.

I came home and did it on my computer, paid Online, and printed the shipping label. I will drop it off at the Fedex store tomorrow.
    12-30-2015 10:49 PM
    Sounds suspicious. I would go to findmymobile.Samsung.com and double check Samsung pay still has all the cards. I know they spontaneously deleted my card once
    12-31-2015 01:41 AM
    So I'm attaching a pick of a machine where the swipe is at top. How would I use SP on it? Hold the phone above or where?
    Attached Thumbnails Where Samsung Pay didn't work for you.-1451600648164.jpg  
    12-31-2015 04:26 PM
    So I'm attaching a pick of a machine where the swipe is at top. How would I use SP on it? Hold the phone above or where?
    Looks like the one at my 7-11. I hold my phone sideways with the camera lens centered in the middle of the slot. If you look down in the slot you can see the reader heads in the center. Center the camera over this area.
    12-31-2015 05:13 PM
    Used mine today at our furniture store to pay my bill, they were amazed (Farmers Furniture in Georgia)
    12-31-2015 06:02 PM
    Yea like Scott said you can hold it sideways I did that for awhile and then tried it the normal way just have the camera lens part over the reader but make sure u hit cancel and select credit. Not debit.

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-31-2015 06:35 PM
    Yea like Scott said you can hold it sideways I did that for awhile and then tried it the normal way just have the camera lens part over the reader but make sure u hit cancel and select credit. Not debit.

But, what if I wanted to use debit? It should work the old way with using the PIN from the physical card...
    12-31-2015 06:58 PM
    But, what if I wanted to use debit? It should work the old way with using the PIN from the physical card...
    I'm sorry I thought it was 711 stores that the reader was from but u can use debit

12-31-2015 07:26 PM
    Here we go again I'm getting not authorized for transactions even as credit this is getting ridiculous.

12-31-2015 07:33 PM
    For the first time ever I got "NOT AUTHORIZED" at Kroger on both debit and credit. The debit transaction even asked me for a pin and *ACCEPTED* the pin before popping up on the cashier's side as not authorized.

I'm hoping it has something to do with being the end of the year. If SP works on GMT time, then it's already January 1st, 2016 even though the register terminal tells SP that it's Dec 31 2015.

It worked for me this afternoon around 2:30 pm CST. I tried again at 8:00 pm CST at Kroger and got the "not authorized." I am in GMT-6 so it's already 02:00 GMT on the first when I tried the last transaction.
    Jpeezy33 likes this.
    12-31-2015 08:36 PM
    Had a weird SPay failure at REI today. Held the phone over the terminal and the terminal received the card info and asked me if it should process the card as "debit" or "credit." Selected "credit", was prompted for my signature, signed my name and hit enter. I thought everything was good, but the cashier said that he got a "bad card read" error on his screen and that the transaction didn't go through. Did the entire process again with the same result. The cashier said that their system was not set up for Apple Pay or Samsung Pay. This is the first time that the terminal has accepted the card information, but the transaction failed (according to the cashier - I'm a bit suspicious). Anyone else experience something like this? Also, anyone have success with SPay at REI?
    01-01-2016 01:37 PM
    I went today to a mall down in Kendall in FL. So I'm at the mall and I go to Starbucks. I've always had no complaints at Starbucks but never visited this one.
    Cashier: you're total is 5.57
    Me: hovers phone by area
    Cashier: what are you doing, we don't take Apple Pay.
    *it was an older lady so I understood but then another associate appears*
    Associate: we don't take apple pay we need to see the physical card number.
    Me: you don't because my phone can pay for it. Let me do it.
    Associate: No take your Apple pay somewhere else.
    Me: you know what, I'll tell your corporate office instead.

Samsung needs to advertise more.

Rob Hayes likes this.
    01-01-2016 02:07 PM
    The grocery store again had not authorized as credit and debit so I went to 711 and it worked so guess it's the merchant side. This is same grocery store that worked numerous times and not it doesn't work. The process went all the way through

01-01-2016 02:41 PM
    I went today to a mall down in Kendall in FL. So I'm at the mall and I go to Starbucks. I've always had no complaints at Starbucks but never visited this one.
    Cashier: you're total is 5.57
    Me: hovers phone by area
    Cashier: what are you doing, we don't take Apple Pay.
    *it was an older lady so I understood but then another associate appears*
    Associate: we don't take apple pay we need to see the physical card number.
    Me: you don't because my phone can pay for it. Let me do it.
    Associate: No take your Apple pay somewhere else.
    Me: you know what, I'll tell your corporate office instead.

Samsung needs to advertise more.

I was originally amused when people said they didn't take Apple Pay etc but after some recent rude people like this I'm really getting annoyed. Manager at an Arby's where the card reader was on my side of the counter pulled the tray of food away and wanted to see the receipt and then decided to tell me I had better not use my phone there again...

I really don't understand some people's reactions.

Nathan Innocent and James8561 like this.
    01-01-2016 03:08 PM
    I was originally amused when people said they didn't take Apple Pay etc but after some recent rude people like this I'm really getting annoyed. Manager at an Arby's where the card reader was on my side of the counter pulled the tray of food away and wanted to see the receipt and then decided to tell me I had better not use my phone there again...

I really don't understand some people's reactions.

The funny thing with me is that Arby's people were kool different locations different people. I honestly have had the not going to work here or we don't accept Apple Pay but I ask can I try and I have been lucky to have cashiers and mangers allow me to try it. I have never been denied. Don't know if it's the I told u it wouldn't work attitude or the curiosity of seeing if it will work. Then explanation of it at the end

01-01-2016 03:32 PM
    This, from Mr_Bugman, "Samsung needs to advertise more." Big time!!
    01-01-2016 08:13 PM
    I have been using Samsung pay for a couple of weeks everywhere I go without a single problem. I even paid for my new car tags at the revenue department. Today I took the wife and kids shopping at Toys R Us, used Samsung pay and my card was declined(kind of embarrassing), so I used the physical card. I figured that it was just a fluke so I tried it again at Lowes and same thing happened, "Card Declined". Now I really feel like a horse's ***. The cashier says " Yeah, we only accept Apple pay". It really sucks when people are watching you try to pay with your phone and it fails, very embarrassing. I might be done with Samsung pay accept for maybe at Self Checkout isles at Walmart and if nobody is watching. It's a shame, I enjoyed paying with my phone.

01-01-2016 10:46 PM
    They really had something going here. I HOPE Samsung fix this soon.
    01-01-2016 11:08 PM
    That machine above looks exactly like the one at FedEx. It's evil!!
    01-01-2016 11:18 PM
    I have been using Samsung pay for a couple of weeks everywhere I go without a single problem. I even paid for my new car tags at the revenue department. Today I took the wife and kids shopping at Toys R Us, used Samsung pay and my card was declined(kind of embarrassing), so I used the physical card. I figured that it was just a fluke so I tried it again at Lowes and same thing happened, "Card Declined". Now I really feel like a horse's ***. The cashier says " Yeah, we only accept Apple pay". It really sucks when people are watching you try to pay with your phone and it fails, very embarrassing. I might be done with Samsung pay accept for maybe at Self Checkout isles at Walmart and if nobody is watching. It's a shame, I enjoyed paying with my phone.

Well I wouldn't give up on it. I say that because that happened to me for a week and before that week happened where I was getting approved transactions. Clean out the whole app. Clear Cache, Data, wipe your card off the app. Reinstall it and re-add the card. It also could be where you are putting the phone near the reader.
    01-02-2016 09:20 AM

What bank are you using? I had a similar situation with my card recently. Chase in my case.
    01-02-2016 09:33 AM
    I've had the declined message before. I tried it again and it end accepted. No need to be embarrassed. Everyone knows it's not 100% yet
    01-02-2016 10:22 AM
    Successful samsung pay transaction at Dicks sporting goods
    01-02-2016 11:55 AM
    Had another failure today at my local Home Depot using self-service checkout. Looks like they upgraded the terminals to the chip-reader kind. Tried twice, but the terminal never registered any indication of acceptance of card data. Had to insert my BofA card into terminal to complete transaction.

Two failures in two days - bummer.

01-02-2016 01:41 PM
    What bank are you using? I had a similar situation with my card recently. Chase in my case.
    USbank

01-02-2016 06:24 PM
1,203 ... 2526272829 ...