10-25-2017 05:34 PM
1,203 ... 2627282930 ...
tools
    Went to terribles gast station got declined on NFC the cashier said that they were taking it out for the chip cards, but I used it as mst and worked fine cashier female said samsung Pay right I said yep she was like I use it also I love it.

So if will chip readers truly affect mst? If so how is samsung or any mobile payment going to succeed?

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-03-2016 06:54 AM
    Tried last night at Lowe's and Cabelas. Failed at both. Lowe's terminal said it was waiting for cashier but they had nothing on their end.
    wlonsdale likes this.
    01-03-2016 07:04 AM
    I'm comfortable using Samsung Pay almost everywhere except Chipotle because the people in my area are too stubborn to listen. Anyone got success at Chipotle? What did you tell them?
    01-04-2016 09:24 AM
    worked at one...not at another. i feel like the error was due to the cashier not doing something on her end since the terminal read the card.
    wlonsdale likes this.
    01-04-2016 12:54 PM
    I had been using successfully at Vons (Safeway) in SoCal since October. Works just fine. I tried it on Jan 2nd and got "authorization declined" on all three of the cards I have stored. Either something changed at Vons or something changed at the banks or something changed on Samsung Pay after the new year. I'm not very happy about it.
    01-04-2016 01:00 PM
    I had been using successfully at Vons (Safeway) in SoCal since October. Works just fine. I tried it on Jan 2nd and got "authorization declined" on all three of the cards I have stored. Either something changed at Vons or something changed at the banks or something changed on Samsung Pay after the new year. I'm not very happy about it.
    I had the not authorized error at smith's grocery store in vegas and I think it is on the merchants side bc it worked at other places maybe they updated their system and it may have affected it. I also cleaned out my cache in samsung pay framework. Once I did that I was good at that store as well as others try that if that doesn't help I have another way that was sent to me by their support. But since Dec 31 I have gotten more errors than normal also my nfc acts up sometimes.

01-04-2016 01:23 PM
    I use it at my local Chipotle but the reader is connected to the side of the cashier terminal. I tell them I am paying by AMEX CC and to hit the appropriate button on the screen as if they were about to swipe the card and then hold up my phone to the swipe reader. I usually tell cashiers to do the usual things they do before actually swiping the card. Usually that helps.
    Nathan Innocent likes this.
    01-04-2016 11:53 PM
    Today I tried it at CVS Pharmacy. They have an NFC terminal but they said it was not active/disabled on purpose. I tried using the swipe reader which actually worked but they are blocking all mobile payment systems on purpose. While, like I said, the swipe actually worked all the way through, it even said on the screen that mobile/electronic payments are not accepted/blocked. They are blocking all mobile payment systems including Android Pay/Google Wallet/Apple Pay. CVS' system is purposely blocking mobile payments for whatever reason. Kind of sucks that some retailers want to block mobile payments because of either mistrust of the system or to promote their own payment system.

Other than that, today I used it at Peete's Coffee, Safeway and In N' Out without problems. In N' Out cashier was surprised it worked
    01-05-2016 12:02 AM
    I use it at my local Chipotle but the reader is connected to the side of the cashier terminal. I tell them I am paying by AMEX CC and to hit the appropriate button on the screen as if they were about to swipe the card and then hold up my phone to the swipe reader. I usually tell cashiers to do the usual things they do before actually swiping the card. Usually that helps.
    Will try that out today.
    01-05-2016 09:54 AM
    I would check findmymobile.samsung.com see if your cards are still there
    01-05-2016 11:44 AM
    Not sure if someone posted it.

Doesn't work at redbox.
    It beeps but nothing happens

01-05-2016 11:59 AM

Doesn't work at redbox.

If it's a dip reader, its not designed to work. However, some people have been successful at using the same type of reader at gas stations from a link earlier in the thread. Since it's Redbox, I think they still need your actual number in case of a late fee.

01-05-2016 12:04 PM
    I would check findmymobile.samsung.com see if your cards are still there
    The cards are fine as SP works elsewhere with the same card.
    01-05-2016 03:54 PM
    It is one where you swipe it

01-05-2016 04:09 PM
    Blocked at dicks sporting. Could see that it recognizing the card but the register kept beeping every time and cashier was getting card error. Used plastic card and worked. I asked cashier why they were blocking mobile pay apps. He of course said he had no idea.
    01-06-2016 09:59 AM
    Blocked at dicks sporting. Could see that it recognizing the card but the register kept beeping every time and cashier was getting card error. Used plastic card and worked. I asked cashier why they were blocking mobile pay apps. He of course said he had no idea.
    Did you hold it to the side?
    01-06-2016 10:11 AM
    I use SP nearly everywhere, so I know how and where to hold it (not a snarky response, just saying.)
    The swipe machine saw my card at each and every attempt (I got a processing message), but then the register would beep and the cashier got some sort of card error.
    I actually just emailed dicks customer service and asked why they were blocking SP. Let's see what they say.
    01-06-2016 10:22 AM
    already got a response from dicks sporting..

Thank you for contacting dicks Sporting Goods
    We appreciate you making us aware that your Samsung Pay was not working at our stores. We will certainly take this into consideration and your feedback will be passed along to the appropriate departments.
    If you have any additional questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at 1-866-677-4771 and a representative will be happy to assist you.
    Thank you and best regards,
    Maria
    Customer Service Representative
    01-06-2016 11:21 AM
    already got a response from dicks sporting..

Thank you for contacting dicks Sporting Goods
    We appreciate you making us aware that your Samsung Pay was not working at our stores. We will certainly take this into consideration and your feedback will be passed along to the appropriate departments.
    If you have any additional questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at 1-866-677-4771 and a representative will be happy to assist you.
    Thank you and best regards,
    Maria
    Customer Service Representative
    I had an issue at Dicks a few weeks ago. The cashier told me they didn't accept ANY mobile payments. I went to the same Dicks Sunday and it worked (chase card) without any issues
    01-06-2016 11:42 AM
    I had an issue at Dicks a few weeks ago. The cashier told me they didn't accept ANY mobile payments. I went to the same Dicks Sunday and it worked (chase card) without any issues
    well that's interesting. I will go back in a couple weeks and try again.
    01-06-2016 11:54 AM
    I just had my first successful transaction with the cc terminal on the side of the register ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘Œ
    DerekTrivia likes this.
    01-06-2016 05:07 PM
    Used it at greek resturant here reader was on the side and the lady was like we don't accept Apple Pay, then after it was done she was like that must be samsung pay I just saw the demo at the mall but I didn't think it would work. It worked fast as lighting also.

deibid likes this.
    01-06-2016 07:57 PM

Doesn't work at redbox.

It doesn't work at redox because Samsung Pay sends a one time token (tokenization) during the transaction which can't be traced back to that specific card. Because Netflix charges your card daily for the rental, it will not work with Samsung because it can't access that specific card again.

wlonsdale likes this.
    01-06-2016 08:55 PM
    I got it to work at Delvechhios Pizza. They have a super old monitor and the guy was in shock that it worked. He was like "That's amazing how you got it to work on this old machine". Got my pizza and left.

DerekTrivia likes this.
    01-06-2016 11:22 PM
    Worked at dairy Queen today and as soon as I put it there it beep wasn't even really that close. The cashier said ohh okkkkk smiled and gave me my food.

01-08-2016 04:33 PM
1,203 ... 2627282930 ...