10-25-2017 05:34 PM
1,203 12345 ...
tools
    I just used my Amex with a chip and I said card error. Card with the chip have to be inserted into the card reader. Samsung will have to address this soon or they will be obsolete
    10-10-2015 11:53 AM
    I just used my Amex with a chip and I said card error. Card with the chip have to be inserted into the card reader. Samsung will have to address this soon or they will be obsolete
    depends on the retailer. some can press a key and bypass the chip so you can scan the old fashion way :-) All chip cards are supposed to work either way.
    10-10-2015 07:09 PM
    Samsung will have to make an adjustment. This chips will be mandatory pretty soon
    10-10-2015 10:04 PM
    Samsung will have to make an adjustment. This chips will be mandatory pretty soon
    Yeah. Samsung needs to inform retailers and users to swipe the chip cards instead of inserting in slots. Even users can ask the merchants to use a swipe.
    10-11-2015 04:19 AM
    So far the only place mine has failed is the cafeteria at work, where the strip is attached to the cashier's POS system. I've moved the phone up and down the entire swipe area, but it doesn't register. It worked everywhere else so far.
    progers and bbycrts like this.
    10-11-2015 10:22 AM
    When that happened to me it was because the bank had put a hold on my card for fraud prevention.
    Not the problem here. I went form Five Guys to Kroger and used it fine.
    10-11-2015 11:35 AM
    Samsung Pay failed for me at Target (which had the chip reader). I then inserted my physical Amex card in the reader to finish the transaction. I'll have to try again with Samsung Pay at Target to see if it was just a glitch.
    Ok, I tried Samsung Pay again at Target using the same Amex card (with chip) that I registered with Samsung. When I first tried to initiate the card swipe, I got an error message on the credit card terminal, but I just waited and moved my S6 phone around a little bit and the transaction went through. So, even though the Target card reader has a chip-reader and my Amex card has a chip, I didn't need to insert my Amex card into the reader for it to finish the transaction.
    10-11-2015 01:23 PM
    Sweet tomatoes. It didn't work.

It worked at sports authority.
    It worked at burger king but I had to hand the phone to the cashier and she had to try repeatedly to get it to work.
    calvin35 likes this.
    10-11-2015 02:51 PM
    I was so excited waiting for Samsung Pay and now that I have it, I haven't had any luck. I've tried at Lowe's, Publix, Bath and Body Works, and Chick-fil-a. They all recognized some sort of MST but they all gave some kind of error and would not work. I've only tried American Express cards so far because all my Visa/MC are Chase, which isn't supported yet.
    That's odd... I've payed at Lowe's and Chick-fil-a without issues (with both a Citi card and an American Express).
    10-12-2015 12:11 PM
    I've used that in Starbuck's similar readers (yes, I gave the phone to the cashier once I activated Pay Mode, and she/he just placed it on top with a look that said 'I just told you we don't support phone payments' and when it does go through they keep looking at the phone and turning it around to see where the magic is haha).
    20blks likes this.
    10-12-2015 12:13 PM
    Sweet tomatoes. It didn't work.

It worked at sports authority.
    It worked at burger king but I had to hand the phone to the cashier and she had to try repeatedly to get it to work.
    Samething here with Sweet Tomatoes. I will try again next time I go. It worked at Bed bath and beyond and Joanns (hey don't judge me shopping with lol) had it work at a festival where the reader was wireless. I also saw an ATM that had a swipe reader but I didn't try it.
    10-12-2015 01:49 PM
    People I just completely amazed myself as well as the staff at my daughter preschool in Vegas. They have this big fat old old CC reader that takes forever to process when swiping a card. I said can I use my phone they said it will not work bc it's soooo old. I placed my phone there and bam it worked. It actually read it a lot faster than any other terminals that I have encountered.

I am trying to find a pic of that terminal but can't I mean this thing looks ancient. Overall I am still so impressed with Samsung Pay. Does anyone know how many people are using it?
    Kalnel likes this.
    10-12-2015 09:15 PM
    I love when I begin to place my phone near the card reader that have them say "no, we don't accept Samsung pay here"
    10-12-2015 11:14 PM
    I love when I begin to place my phone near the card reader that have them say "no, we don't accept Samsung pay here"
    That right there is priceless then their look on their faces with the response"it worked" ahh of course it's Samsung lol
    10-13-2015 08:18 AM
    That right there is priceless then their look on their faces with the response"it worked" ahh of course it's Samsung lol

Had that happen to me at Little Caesar's Pizza. After paying with Samsung Pay, the cashier stated that I was the first one ever at that location to use my phone to pay (no NFC, just Verifone mag stripe reader). She asked me if her phone could do that, which was an iPhone 6, and I told her that only Samsung phones had this new feature.
    SpookDroid, Jpeezy33 and Kalnel like this.
    10-13-2015 10:40 AM
    I'm amazed if you get that... I usually get the 'we don't take NFC payments' from cocky baristas or the usual 'we don't accept Apple Pay' from generically-trained cashiers.

Either way, it always amazes people when they see it works (except those where I'm 'a regular', they've gotten used to it by now :P)
    Jpeezy33 likes this.
    10-13-2015 12:41 PM
    My chipped AMEX card worked at Bed Bath and Beyond; I didn't hear any beep or signal that the transaction was ok, but just as I was about to fish my physical card out of my wallet the sales slip printed. At first the clerk said, " We don't take that yet (Apple Pay/NFC)."
    Abhinav Kochhar and Jpeezy33 like this.
    10-15-2015 05:43 PM
    I just used mine to check into a hotel and they were typical it won't work here. But when it did they jumped back and said wow. One agent said can I do that with my apple phone
    r56mcs and Abhinav Kochhar like this.
    10-15-2015 10:37 PM
    I just tried at my first Best Buy. It worked but you need to hand your phone to the cashier and he asked to see id. I don't know if that's just with Amex
    10-16-2015 04:49 PM
    Scene 1 today near Grand Cayon at Texco.

Cashier- Your total $6.78
    Me - I'm going to pay with my phone is that ok?
    Cashier - Ah no we are not setup (during her response I put my phone over the reader beep) it will not work, Hey Raymond can you come here? (She yells this in the store for another cashier.
    Cashier-he wants to pay with his phone can we accept it?
    Raymond- Ahh I never seen this b4.
    Cashier- Yelling again Dan can you come up here(Store Manger on duty).
    Dan - ahh what are u doing it won't accept.
    Me -Now it won't accept bc it timed out. Is it ready again
    Dan - yes (I imitate samsung again beep)
    Dan - ahh debit or credit
    Me - credit (Dan presses credit receipt comes out I leave smiling)

They were standing there with a look of What just happen with 8 people in line waiting.
    20blks and Kathy Ohaka like this.
    10-16-2015 07:29 PM
    Oh this forum is very active,

Tried at Chick Fil A and I stunned the manager. He called over the assistant manager and two cashiers and said "Look he can pay for stuff on his phone and his card is on his phone" The crowd retorted "But we don't support Apple Pay". I have to explain Samsung Pay before they take me as a hacker. One time I confused a cashier so much, he ran and said "We don't support phone payments right" PRICELESS.

Einsteins Bagels has a terminal where you give the merchant a card. It's not awkward putting the phone over the counter. The cashier said "That's the most innovative thing he has ever seen". He was doubtful that it would work. He gave me the "We don't have the updated registers for that". When the receipt spit out of the Micros system, he was satisfied. He knows I pay for my phone every time but the other customers in line are dumbfounded.

Starbucks uses an app to pay for their purchases when it comes to phone payments. I decided to pay with my card this particular visit. I didn't know where their card reader was so I asked them. She showed me it and I placed the phone over the reader. "I'm not sure it's gonna..." *receipt rolls out* "How on Earth did you do that without a card". I showed her my phone and she called all the baristas over to see what I just did. One of them knew and said "Oh that's samsung pay, he can use it almost anywhere". Someone has been doing their homework on mobile payments.

The one place I can't seem to get it to work is Chipotle. Has anyone had any success on it? I once got an error but now they deny me from even using my phone because they said "They manually enter the card's info" which is a lot of bull. If it has worked at Chipotle for you, how did you place the phone.
    Jpeezy33 and Kathy Ohaka like this.
    10-18-2015 06:31 AM
    If they manually enter the card number I wonder if they mean the last 4 digits of the card, unless they someway add a tip to your purchase I dunno. Shoot next time let them know it's legal tender lol, or watch someone that's in front of u use their card if they don't input a lot of numbers then you r fine. Or just hit them with I have no other form of payment then see what they would do lol.

But great post and reactions, yea everyone automatically says Apple pay lol
    Nathan Innocent and Kalnel like this.
    10-18-2015 07:27 AM
    I try not to give the phone to the cashiers when their readers are on their side, and most of the time you can just reach out and place the phone near their sliders, but if you can't, then I just give it to them but keep an eye on them haha.

So far, other than when the cashier needs to input something or select something after the card has been 'swiped', I haven't had issues.
    10-19-2015 11:19 AM
    would be nice if samsung pay would put the last four digits on the screen. Cannot see how it would make things less secure since it is on the receipt.
    10-19-2015 01:25 PM
    would be nice if samsung pay would put the last four digits on the screen. Cannot see how it would make things less secure since it is on the receipt.
    Ummm... it does. It shows both the last 4 digits of the physical card and the virtual card number as well.
    10-19-2015 03:23 PM
1,203 12345 ...