10-25-2017 05:34 PM
1,203 ... 2829303132 ...
tools
    People are picking it up. When we expected Samsung to mass advertise their application to everyone, they did. It took time but that's expected. I went to a store and used it and the person said "Nice, Samsung Pay". I was surprised because they knew what I did because many people just assume Apple does everything first.

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-21-2016 10:22 AM
    Where are you located Nathan? I wish what you said was true here in So. California, but mostly, I get "we don't take apple pay" or "we don't take mobile payments at all". I'm glad it's working out for you, that is good. Perhaps in more time here it will catch on.
    01-21-2016 01:17 PM
    I'm in FL. Some people are picking it up. I do get the phrases you get every now and then

01-21-2016 02:11 PM
    Another no-go at ****'s Sporting Goods, cashier, "we are not set up for that" when asked to use Samsung Pay. She allowed me to try it twice, error on her side both times.
    01-21-2016 05:59 PM
    People are picking it up. When we expected Samsung to mass advertise their application to everyone, they did. It took time but that's expected. I went to a store and used it and the person said "Nice, Samsung Pay". I was surprised because they knew what I did because many people just assume Apple does everything first.

I had a similar experience at CVS here in San Jose, CA! Cashier says "oh no, we don't accept Apple Pay". I replied "oh I have something different." Then she exclaimed "ooh! you must have samsung pay, yeah that one works here." I guess the new Samsung HQ just a couple of blocks away helps?
    Jpeezy33 likes this.
    01-21-2016 08:58 PM
    Was having issues with declines a lot at first. As of lately it has worked 100% of the time at all the places it failed before. Even worked on an ancient card reader I've never seen before. Must have had some kind of update. Priceless reactions every time I use it...

Posted with my NOTE 5 on damn verizon!
    01-22-2016 06:02 AM
    So used it in a cab the other night 2 different cabs. Went to eat at Dicks resturant sat at bar and asked the bartender to hold my phone up to cash me out he was Kool but said it won't work here he held my phone and it went through of course I gave him a brief tutorial on how to hold phone, immediately it went through he was like now your the koolest customer i had period. He asked what phone it was i told him and he was like going to make that change.Then i was at night club and ordered drinks at bar the bartender allowed me to hold my phone and it worked immediately as well. Also I did it again at a lee's liquor this was a different location than the one I had been at before. It worked they were amazed and said the chipped cc don't even work here but that does. I did the MST and not nfc.

Nathan Innocent likes this.
    01-25-2016 06:20 AM
    I didn't have a fail when I did this because sometimes people act like they know everything going on about technology. So I was on campus and wanted to buy a coffee at the Starbucks over there. The person was unsure of how to do it and I explained it to her clearly. She gets the manager and the manager says "We don't have the machinery for that and I am denying your purchase because that payment method is unauthorized" I tried explaining that it is legal tender and I can prove it because I'm confident it will work. She chose not to listen and wanted my physical card. I chose not to because I wanted to use my phone and I only carry my Capital One card with me now (CC). I also said "I just used it at Panda Express right next to you and they had no problem whatsoever listening to me and letting me use it.". People are rude now a days.
    James8561 likes this.
    01-25-2016 10:18 AM
    I just had an unexpected fail at Toys R Us. I have used SP there many times before. This was the first time using a Citi card there. It kept asking for the 4 digit pin. I put in the one I am supposed to and got "decline" each time. Used the physical card, was not asked for any pin, and it worked.
    01-25-2016 10:28 AM
    I just had an unexpected fail at Toys R Us. I have used SP there many times before. This was the first time using a Citi card there. It kept asking for the 4 digit pin. I put in the one I am supposed to and got "decline" each time. Used the physical card, was not asked for any pin, and it worked.
    Does that card offer credit also. If it does do it as credit and see if u get that again.

01-25-2016 12:37 PM
    I always use credit. This isn't a debit card. WHich is one reason i found it weird it was asking me for a pin. I assumed it was the last 4 of the virtual card #.
    I online chatted with Toys R Us. He said no, mobile pays have not been blocked. He said there may have been a glitch in the computer or something, but it should have worked. I will try again some day soon.
    01-25-2016 12:43 PM
    Yea that makes sense there. Always remember if u get something weird cancel and try it again. I know when the card read error sometimes it just passed it way threw without me doing anything granted that's a different situation was it a chipped card?

01-25-2016 01:40 PM
    I went to the laundry mat where I had tried it before. The first washer it worked fine. The second it didn't. Tried three times. I wondered if it was because I had the phone locked on the first washer and unlocked on the second. So I press the power button and it shut down and then I woke my phone in lock mode and tried it and it worked without a problem. I don't use it on the driers because when I tried it the first time, it only allowed me 3 times since each time counted as a payment and I needed several payments (each payment is a quarter, $.25 US for 6 minutes) then locked up. So I just used quarters on that. It costs less anyway.

So I'm wondering if the lock feature might be causing some problems. Not sure. Maybe I needed to wait longer in between payments. But I prefer SamSung pay there. When I'm using the extra large washers at $5 and up to the extra large for blankets at $14, that much in quarters is a lot and I'm not to sure about using a credit card. Even though I have used a card on the $14 with no problems and they have several security cameras, it's still a risk to me.

However the vending machine at work didn't work for me last week. I tried about 5 different times, different ways, a few redoing my fingerprint. It worked on that machine before. Nothing looked different in the credit card swipe. Didn't try a physical card. I'll try again when I want something out of it. Maybe it was a fluke.
    01-25-2016 04:49 PM
    Didn't work at Lowe's tonight. Got unable to read card number tried it both as credit and debit. Talked to supervisor she said she didn't know why it didn't work. She said they use chip cards but she thought mobile payment wasn't secure I told her how secure it was she said she would talk to store manager about mobile payments.

01-25-2016 09:53 PM
    I always use credit. This isn't a debit card. WHich is one reason i found it weird it was asking me for a pin. I assumed it was the last 4 of the virtual card #.
    I online chatted with Toys R Us. He said no, mobile pays have not been blocked. He said there may have been a glitch in the computer or something, but it should have worked. I will try again some day soon.
    PIN is not the last four of the virtual card number. You might check with the card provider as some cards do have a PIN even though they are not debit. For example, my Target has a PIN and is not a debit.
    01-26-2016 05:06 AM
    Yea some credit cards use PIN instead of signature due to the new chip and pin scheme
    01-26-2016 11:33 AM
    Just another notice for new people watching the thread. You may have to tell cashier the card type. Not all of the time, but once in a blue moon. Ask them "credit and the type of card". Putting your phone by the reader just causes a misunderstanding (personal experience). Not everyone knows how Samsung Pay works.

01-29-2016 03:01 PM
    Used it at Bob Evans last night and they had to put in the tip first before you scan your card (Samsung pay). They also had no debit card useage, credit only. I tell them to let me know when to scan my card. Then I use Samsung pay when they tell me to swipe my card. It helps them to understand its not voodoo, just another way to "swipe" my credit/debit card.
    01-29-2016 06:44 PM
    I love the idea of SP but haven't had consistent results and it's frustrating. I am using a PNC debit card. I think I've narrowed down the problem but don't know how to fix it. It seems that if I use as debit the terminal says invalid account or something along those lines. Credit seems to work fine. Has anyone else had this issue or know how to resolve it? I have spoken to PNC. I have deleted and reinstalled the app and card.

01-29-2016 07:41 PM
    I love the idea of SP but haven't had consistent results and it's frustrating. I am using a PNC debit card. I think I've narrowed down the problem but don't know how to fix it. It seems that if I use as debit the terminal says invalid account or something along those lines. Credit seems to work fine. Has anyone else had this issue or know how to resolve it? I have spoken to PNC. I have deleted and reinstalled the app and card.

I used to have that issue with my chase card but it seems to have gone away. I guess you'll have to keep using it as credit for now
    01-29-2016 07:51 PM
    I used to have that issue with my chase card but it seems to have gone away. I guess you'll have to keep using it as credit for now
    Not exactly the answer I was hoping for but I love when it works. I just wish I had more confidence in it. Sucks to get declined and have to go to the card.
    01-29-2016 07:56 PM
    I used it at Arby's last night and for them all they had to do was hit total their cc reader was separate from terminal. It had credit,debit on screen. The cashier did not have to select it she said just do what u do. Now here's the best part b4 I got close to it it beep so the distance wasn't as close as they say u should hold it. Now this is a rare situation. From there I went to a mom and pops store. Cashier said of course I'm not setup for that. Did it and he said I was the first to try it and he said it went through I'll accept it. He to didn't have to do anything. On both occasions. After I used samsung pay the screen said enter amount and on both occasions the detached cc reader displayed credit,debit and i nor them did not have to select anything. They probably just hit card or whatever they do to get reader to work. Even at my grocery store I can use it b4 tl my items are finished ringing up.

The only thing is Lowes is where it won't work for me.Someone go out and buy a light bulb,batteries or something small from there lol to c if u have success. We all need batteries and or light bulbs.

01-30-2016 10:01 AM
    I used it at Arby's last night and for them all they had to do was hit total their cc reader was separate from terminal. It had credit,debit on screen. The cashier did not have to select it she said just do what u do. Now here's the best part b4 I got close to it it beep so the distance wasn't as close as they say u should hold it. Now this is a rare situation. From there I went to a mom and pops store. Cashier said of course I'm not setup for that. Did it and he said I was the first to try it and he said it went through I'll accept it. He to didn't have to do anything. On both occasions. After I used samsung pay the screen said enter amount and on both occasions the detached cc reader displayed credit,debit and i nor them did not have to select anything. They probably just hit card or whatever they do to get reader to work. Even at my grocery store I can use it b4 tl my items are finished ringing up.

The only thing is Lowes is where it won't work for me.Someone go out and buy a light bulb,batteries or something small from there lol to c if u have success. We all need batteries and or light bulbs.

It does not work at Lowe's. But Lowe's says it should and they have even had training on Samsung pay. I keep trying when I go but have lost the energy to try anymore.
    01-30-2016 10:21 AM
    It does not work at Lowe's. But Lowe's says it should and they have even had training on Samsung pay. I keep trying when I go but have lost the energy to try anymore.
    Yea I think u posted about Lowe's b4. It's strange it goes through the entire process and then gets invalid card or something.

01-30-2016 11:17 AM
    So I was at work and there was a guy asking if he could pay with his phone. My coworkers know I pay with my phone so they called me over and I saw his phone and said "it can't be an iPhone". They asked then how does mine work and I explained it. Now they all know Samsung Pay.

01-31-2016 12:00 AM
1,203 ... 2829303132 ...