10-25-2017 05:34 PM
1,203 ... 2930313233 ...
tools
    So I was at work and there was a guy asking if he could pay with his phone. My coworkers know I pay with my phone so they called me over and I saw his phone and said "it can't be an iPhone". They asked then how does mine work and I explained it. Now they all know Samsung Pay.

Posted via the Android Central App
    So he had the iPhone?

01-31-2016 05:49 AM
    He had an iPhone, so all my coworkers called me over quickly. I know phones by just looking for a second at them. I told him we don't accept Apple Pay, but Samsung Pay.

01-31-2016 07:01 AM
    American Eagle fail. THey have typical swipe machines, and I think I had used there before.
    I had my phone in my hand because he just scanned my rewards card and gift card from it. I said I am paying credit with my phone. He said "that doesn't work" which we have all heard before. I said "it's SP it should." I had the phone on the terminal for just a second or two and nothing. Then the clerk said "Please stop. I don't want you to crash the system." I said "that won't happen. I use this often."

What really pisses me off that maybe 3 or 4 weeks ago this mall was doing a huge SP promotion. SIgnage everywhere and yet some of the stores are oblivious and don't want to use it.

I think I emailed American Eagle....yes said think....because I can't tell if the email went through on their feedback site. Long day for me.
    01-31-2016 12:57 PM
    Samsung Pay may not be accepted by the individual store policy, but technically it should work at any place physical card works.
    01-31-2016 06:53 PM
    Had a girl at Bob Evans enthusiastically tell me to "do my thing" when using Samsung pay there. We both had a good chuckle over it. So some places get it and some places think its going to tear something up.
    01-31-2016 07:17 PM
    I think I emailed American Eagle....yes said think....because I can't tell if the email went through on their feedback site. Long day for me.
    Try them via Twitter. They'll respond!
    01-31-2016 07:27 PM
    I was at Cracker Barrel they have the card machines out for customers. I held my phone against it and it say waiting for cashier. The lady told me they aren't set up for it. I informed her and said it should work like a card swipe. I just took my card out and swiped while it still said Waiting for Cashier. Pretty disappointed

02-04-2016 02:19 PM
    I was at Cracker Barrel they have the card machines out for customers. I held my phone against it and it say waiting for cashier. The lady told me they aren't set up for it. I informed her and said it should work like a card swipe. I just took my card out and swiped while it still said Waiting for Cashier. Pretty disappointed

In situations like that just say to the cashier the machine says waiting on you it accepted my card. Don't know if u did that or not. I had a situation like that b4 and said Samething not set up for that. She called manager over and I told him it beeped and waiting on the cashier. He did his part and it worked. I also had a line behind me that didn't bother me bc it was the cashier holding up the line.

02-04-2016 02:27 PM
    I did exactly that but she insisted. So I just grabbed my card and swiped while it still said Waiting on Cashier. She ended up having to type it manually. It was kinda lame. But at least it's only one place.

02-04-2016 04:44 PM
    No luck today at Home Depot. Tried two different self-serve kiosks. Both times it said "swipe error." This store is very flaky -- some registers work, some work with NFC, some don't work at all.
    02-04-2016 04:48 PM
    From your personal experience, does 'moving around the phone' works better than holding it? just curious.
    02-05-2016 12:02 AM
    which particular store at Redbox? gotta figure out whether Redbox uses the same POS terminals for all stores.
    02-05-2016 12:11 AM
    From your personal experience, does 'moving around the phone' works better than holding it? just curious.
    If I get a card read error I just move it a little and it goes. Less than 3/8 of an inch usually does it. Center the camera over the read head in the machine.
    02-05-2016 08:32 AM
    If I get a card read error I just move it a little and it goes. Less than 3/8 of an inch usually does it. Center the camera over the read head in the machine.
    This has been my experience as well. I used to move it around and found that to be problematic so I just hold it still over the reader.
    02-05-2016 09:20 AM
    On a different topic, I just restarted my phone....SP completely wiped clean. No cards added. Nothing.
    So angry
    02-05-2016 01:01 PM
    It varies for me I usually find the right spot on first try bit like Scott said if I get card read I just move it like an inch or so and it works i have had times where I get card read error and kept it there and it went through. There are times when it does take awhile to read it tend to stay at the same spot for about 80% until the first wave goes through b4 moving it.

02-05-2016 02:55 PM
    I was Subway inside this Pilot station the other night, and my S6 Edge+ beeped as if the transaction went through, but on the register the cashier said they got an error on the screen, tried again an no dice. They ended up having to call their customer support line for help as they didn't know what error they were getting when I used SP. They were really cool about it and all, but I still do see two transactions in my chase account and in my SP app that I was charged twice for my meal. However, my payment never actually went through (or so they tell me). Ended up just paying in cash. In my Chase account the two transactions show up as pending, but haven't went through yet. Just hoping it doesn't, because I did pay in cash.
    02-05-2016 04:17 PM
    It shouldn't go through itll be credited so no worries

02-05-2016 06:46 PM
    I did the gas pump trick at my local sheetz store. Went through OK but on my Samsung pay app it shows $0.00. But I check my statement and it has the correct amount.
    02-05-2016 06:59 PM
    I did the gas pump trick at my local sheetz store. Went through OK but on my Samsung pay app it shows $0.00. But I check my statement and it has the correct amount.
    How Scott I tried it didn't work be specific

02-05-2016 10:26 PM
    How Scott I tried it didn't work be specific

Next time I stop I'll have my wife take a video. We are going out today shipping.
    02-06-2016 06:39 AM
    I stick an ID card or something that doesn't have a magnet stripe and then I get my phone ready. I pull out the card and quickly hold the phone up the the reader. That's about it.

02-06-2016 07:20 AM
    That's about it. Except I keep the camera centered on the magnetic stripe end of the reader with the card in the slot but not inserted all the way. There is a switch in the very back of the card reader that needs triggered to turn on the magnetic read head in the pump. With my phone in place I just push the card in enough to trip the switch then pull it out just enough to be off the switch. But I leave the card in the reader the whole time. I have a discount card for $.03 off per gallon. I swipe it for my discount then turn it upside down and trigger the switch.
    02-06-2016 07:33 AM
    Just used it at Port of Subs. I use Samsung Pay all the time and so often that I just put it up at register even if they say it won't work I just say are u ready? I look at it like this if u make a semi big deal about it that's when most people tend to not let you use it.

02-06-2016 05:51 PM
    It shouldn't go through itll be credited so no worries

Just looked at my bank account and it shows that both payments that I tried actually went through and no longer say pending. Is there someone I should contact to get my money back?
    02-07-2016 03:52 AM
1,203 ... 2930313233 ...