10-25-2017 05:34 PM
1,203 ... 3233343536 ...
tools
    I have BOA as well never had to sign it or prompted to but I found it and sign it anyways. Now is anyone in vegas that has used samsung pay at walmart?

Posted via the Android Central App
    02-18-2016 08:23 AM
    OK, now that I've played with it and added signatures, how can I go back and edit them? I tried to get the first one all on one line, and it's really tiny.
    Guess you can't and have to start all fresh with deactivating your cards and then activating them again.
    02-18-2016 08:52 AM
    Little update on my situation. I was able to test a bit at a couple places that didn't work previously. Publix and wawa. Both were accepted as credit and gave invalid account error as debit. I am convinced it is a PNC problem now. I will be calling them. Love when it works!
    Jpeezy33 likes this.
    02-18-2016 03:00 PM
    Oh, wait, I do have it. On the card, but not in settings. Interesting.
    I too just located it on my card within the app, on the card itself, had to look twice. Real nice of Samsung Pay not advising us of this? I only found out by checking this thread. That's why this is a great thread, very informative. Thanks Jpeezy33, for starting it.
    Jpeezy33 likes this.
    02-18-2016 06:03 PM
    Mine failed at 7-11 and at Giant. I will have to try just using it as a credit card at 7-11 instead of debit.
    02-19-2016 08:13 AM
    Giant Food in the Washington, DC, area? I use it there all the time, although always as a credit card, not a debit. Sometimes it causes an error message, but if you just move the phone away, it clears.
    02-19-2016 09:11 AM
    Mine failed at 7-11 and at Giant. I will have to try just using it as a credit card at 7-11 instead of debit.
    With 711 u cannot use it as debit something with their system. I have tried it over 30 times and different 711s just to see by chance if it was a specific store.i discovered this during issue the beta. The entire process goes through the. Then U get declined. So when debit comes up hit red X or cancel and change it to credit maybe that's the same issue with Giant as well.

02-19-2016 10:10 AM
    With 711 u cannot use it as debit something with their system. I have tried it over 30 times and different 711s just to see by chance if it was a specific store.i discovered this during issue the beta. The entire process goes through the. Then U get declined. So when debit comes up hit red X or cancel and change it to credit maybe that's the same issue with Giant as well.

Yep. This^^^
    02-19-2016 01:43 PM
    This was interesting. I just tried to use one of my Citi Mastercards at Giant Food in Maryland, where I've been using it with no problem since October. The register connected to Samsung Pay, but the cashier got the message that the card was declined and I should check with the issuer.

So I came home and called Citibank. There's no problem with my card -- no security hold, nothing overdue, low balance -- so they did some research. According to them the store and Mastercard both declined the transaction. They urged me to try it again at another store to buy something for a few dollars and see if it goes through. They said they have no idea why Mastercard and Giant declined.

I'll update after I try it at another store.
    02-19-2016 02:07 PM
    That very interesting. I had a similar sort of issue yesterday at grocery store Kroger. I use SP with citi mastercard there very very often (seemingly every day...kids.) Yesterday I was declined. It was self serve line and didn't get any real error message. The terminals (YES, terminals, i tried on 2 terminals) kind of went through the motion then did nothing. Didn't work. I tried Amex card via SP and it worked perfect.

I called citi and they had no decline notice or anything. I ticket was established to look into this further. SHe said there may have been some sort of communication issue with the terminal to Citi....but she said this really confused her.

I will try citi again there later when I go get milk....again.
    02-19-2016 02:13 PM
    I just ran to the convenience store in my building. It worked fine on a charge of $13, although the charge did not post in the app as it usually does. (Most of the time, a notice of the charge appears on my screen before the cashier seems to know what's going on.) It does show up on the Citibank site, though, so I know it went through.

Weird. I hope the grocery stores aren't going to stop permitting Samsung Pay or something.
    02-19-2016 02:27 PM
    I called citi and they had no decline notice or anything. I ticket was established to look into this further. SHe said there may have been some sort of communication issue with the terminal to Citi....but she said this really confused her.
    The Citi CSR said almost the exact same thing to me about the transaction "confusing" her. She put me on hold and reviewed it with a manager, because it didn't make any sense that it hadn't gone through.
    02-19-2016 02:30 PM
    The Citi CSR said almost the exact same thing to me about the transaction "confusing" her. She put me on hold and reviewed it with a manager, because it didn't make any sense that it hadn't gone through.
    good. Glad I am not the only confusing case.

I did just go get the milk at Kroger. Mostly to try citi SP again. Same thing, sort of. This time got "unauthorized user." Tried again "unauthorized user." Tried again "authrorized. Transaction complete."

Very strange.
    02-19-2016 02:36 PM
    I'm glad it went through for you! These days, the stores should be thanking us for using Samsung Pay -- we make their system safer!
    02-19-2016 02:41 PM
    good. Glad I am not the only confusing case.

I did just go get the milk at Kroger. Mostly to try citi SP again. Same thing, sort of. This time got "unauthorized user." Tried again "unauthorized user." Tried again "authrorized. Transaction complete."

Very strange.
    I got unauthorized user error b4 at a Kroger affiliate. Then all of a sudden it worked. So this may not be bank or samsung fault just their terminal/system had proble. at that specific time.

02-19-2016 03:02 PM
    Ran into a problem. Got declined at Lime Mexican Grill but I couldn't find the sweet spot. Went somewhere else and it worked. Other than that, no problems.

02-19-2016 06:13 PM
    Ran into a problem. Got declined at Lime Mexican Grill but I couldn't find the sweet spot. Went somewhere else and it worked. Other than that, no problems.

How many times u try it? Also I am beginning to believe the sweet spot is more so how fast it reads I do not think it determines an error or decline. But I may be wrong. Bc if u get it to beep and go through process then it's the system not reading it correctly

02-19-2016 11:59 PM
    This was interesting. I just tried to use one of my Citi Mastercards at Giant Food in Maryland, where I've been using it with no problem since October. The register connected to Samsung Pay, but the cashier got the message that the card was declined and I should check with the issuer.

So I came home and called Citibank. There's no problem with my card -- no security hold, nothing overdue, low balance -- so they did some research. According to them the store and Mastercard both declined the transaction. They urged me to try it again at another store to buy something for a few dollars and see if it goes through. They said they have no idea why Mastercard and Giant declined.

I'll update after I try it at another store.
    I had the same problem with my Citibank card. Never had issues until update with new signature component.
    All of a sudden every transaction declined.

I called Citibank and they had no answer, they didn't even see a declined transaction.

The fix for me was simply removing and re-adding the card in Samsung Pay.

Now, no problems.
    02-20-2016 06:35 PM
    I used at Nautica store and I don't know if I froze the one specific terminal or their system just messed up. It froze after I signed for the purchase. But it posted on my account and also had approval chose on their end. The other terminals were not affected.

02-20-2016 07:22 PM
    I had the same problem with my Citibank card. Never had issues until update with new signature component.
    All of a sudden every transaction declined.

I called Citibank and they had no answer, they didn't even see a declined transaction.

The fix for me was simply removing and re-adding the card in Samsung Pay.

Now, no problems.
    Mine worked again on a smaller purchase about an hour later. I'm going to try it again at the grocery store tomorrow, so we'll see what happens.
    02-20-2016 08:41 PM
    Had a funny one today: I went into Jimmy Johns, a sandwich chain. Their Internet provider, Comcast, was down, so they couldn't take credit cards. I joked with the cashier that I was disappointed, because I wanted to use Samsung Pay.

Turns out that she just got a Note 5, and she's a huge Samsung Pay fan. She felt so bad that I couldn't use it, she gave me my lunch for free.
    Jpeezy33, James8561 and LewLew23 like this.
    02-20-2016 08:49 PM
    I am concluding that Samsung Pay is useless. I get card declined at many places. QFC, Target, Lowes, and others. It is clear that the card is being read and being rejected.
    I signed my card and now both Target and QFC worked.
    02-20-2016 11:00 PM
    I never got to use Samsung Pay. Stupid KNOX got tripped during my rooting experiments. Oh well.

Stupid KNOX.
    02-20-2016 11:51 PM
    Didn't samsung say that if you root your phone samsung pay will not work...

02-21-2016 05:50 AM
    http://www.globalpost.com/article/67...-bank-machines

Just wanted you guys to see this article. It is another step for mobile transactions at ATMs

02-21-2016 06:15 AM
1,203 ... 3233343536 ...