10-25-2017 05:34 PM
1,203 ... 3334353637 ...
tools
    It didn't even read.

Posted via the Android Central App
    02-21-2016 08:08 AM
    http://www.globalpost.com/article/67...-bank-machines

Just wanted you guys to see this article. It is another step for mobile transactions at ATMs

Is that the NFC pads at ATMS at Bank of America and another bank? It's rolling out.

Jpeezy33 likes this.
    02-21-2016 08:10 AM
    I think so also suppose to be at Atms. I have to do more research on it.

02-21-2016 08:11 AM
    Headless' ATMs

Some of the new technologies will require only a software update to the ATM, while others will need new hardware.

ATM manufacturer Diebold is testing a "headless" teller machine, without a screen or keypad, which dispenses cash from interaction on the smartphone.

"What we are saying with this is forget the card reader, forget the PIN pad, we all have these devices in our pockets," said Dave Kuchenski, Diebold's senior business development manager for new technology.

Customers need only verify their identity, which can be done with the device's fingerprint reader, or possibly with an iris scanner on the ATM.

While some existing Diebold ATMs can work with mobile applications, Kuchenski said the new concept, in testing with Citibank and others, could provide "a better user experience."

Found this article

"We don't have to walk through the same process which we have had since the ATM has existed," he said.

"If we're using a mobile phone, we no longer have the need for a card, we no longer have a need for a receipt printer, we've dematerialized a lot of the devices. Banks like this, because it has fewer moving parts, so it reduces the total cost of ownership."

02-21-2016 08:14 AM
    Headless' ATMs

Some of the new technologies will require only a software update to the ATM, while others will need new hardware.

ATM manufacturer Diebold is testing a "headless" teller machine, without a screen or keypad, which dispenses cash from interaction on the smartphone.

"What we are saying with this is forget the card reader, forget the PIN pad, we all have these devices in our pockets," said Dave Kuchenski, Diebold's senior business development manager for new technology.

Customers need only verify their identity, which can be done with the device's fingerprint reader, or possibly with an iris scanner on the ATM.

While some existing Diebold ATMs can work with mobile applications, Kuchenski said the new concept, in testing with Citibank and others, could provide "a better user experience."

Found this article

"We don't have to walk through the same process which we have had since the ATM has existed," he said.

"If we're using a mobile phone, we no longer have the need for a card, we no longer have a need for a receipt printer, we've dematerialized a lot of the devices. Banks like this, because it has fewer moving parts, so it reduces the total cost of ownership."

Well hot damn. That's interesting.

02-21-2016 08:16 AM
    After months of working just fine at Walmart I'm now getting consistent read errors. Their equipment is the same as it has been. Makes me wonder if they purposefully pushed an update to stop SPay because it errors out on the first beep and won't take any more reads.

Annoying because it's now the second place that I can't use it and for little trips I'll probably avoid going there.

02-21-2016 10:01 AM
    I also wonder if they are really trying to isolate any mobile payment except for theirs. WALMART that is.

James8561 likes this.
    02-21-2016 01:39 PM
    Mine still works at Walmart just like it always has. Maybe they haven't updated their system yet.
    02-21-2016 07:32 PM
    I also wonder if they are really trying to isolate any mobile payment except for theirs. WALMART that is.

I like the idea you bring up so that consumers will be "forced" to use their app but I think that won't happen.

02-22-2016 09:08 AM
    Mine still works at Walmart just like it always has. Maybe they haven't updated their system yet.
    I'm back to batting 1.000 at Walmart since I signed my BofA card within Samsung Pay (3 successes out of 3 tries). That's all I did, but certainly something could have changed in the payment processing at Walmart or at BofA. In any case, I'm happy to be "walletless in Walmart" again.

On the downside, I had a failure at a Golden Corral restaurant over the weekend. The terminal never seemed to register that Samsung Pay was transmitting CC data. I tried three times and got the same non-response. The cashier was really cool about it and patient and seemed to really want to see it work.
    Jpeezy33 likes this.
    02-22-2016 12:25 PM
    Tried it at Dollar Tree. Seems to work at first but then was "declined" or "rejected" on the cashier screen after doing all the steps. :\
    02-22-2016 08:50 PM
    I used it at my daughter preschool for tuition now I have been using a different card for awhile without a problem today I used it with a chipped card which I had used a long time ago It's said invalid chip at first so then I went and signed the card in the app and it worked. So I dunno if the signature makes it work with a chip card or what. I never had a problem with that card saying chipped b4

02-22-2016 09:15 PM
    I had the same problem with AMEX Hilton HHonors card which has a chip. Didn't work at first. Then I read about the new signature implementation (using a Note 5 and the S-Pen to sign signatures is amazing vs using your finger) and tried it again at that swipe reader and it worked. Since then I have signed all my cards in Samsung Pay.l

Another weird issue. AT Home Depot, could never get my Citi Credit Card (Masercard Universal Rewards card) to work on MST, but works with my Hilton HHonors Amex. Also got a kick when the Home Depot cashier was amazed it worked and started telling other cashiers that I was the first ever to pay with any mobile system. He asked if I used Apple Pay or Samsung Pay (he had heard of Samsung Pay apparently). It's always fun to see people's reactions when Samsung Pay works at places where Apple Pay or Android Pay doesn't work at.
    Jpeezy33 likes this.
    02-23-2016 11:57 AM
    Well my grocery store has updated to using chip cards but I had no problem using my samsung pay it took a little bit longer to register but it went through

02-23-2016 04:53 PM
    Does anyone in the forum have a skin on their phone? I'm considering getting a skin but I want to use SPay still.

02-23-2016 09:16 PM
    Does anyone in the forum have a skin on their phone? I'm considering getting a skin but I want to use SPay still.

I have a Spigen and it works just fine. A skin is much thinner so I think you should have no problem.
    02-23-2016 09:44 PM

I have a Spigen case and currently have a Tech 21 case and Spay works fine with both.
    02-23-2016 11:37 PM

Using a full UAG case and SPay and everything else works just fine. MST seems to have decent range. I've had successful reads with my phone several cm away.

02-24-2016 10:11 AM
    Went to Home Depot self serve. Took it, entered pin. Invalid transaction. Used same credit card with swipe, entered pin, worked fine. Overall I'm hitting below 20% on it working. No offense to you techies but it is still easier to swipe my card. I love technology but I am dumbfounded on the benefits of Samsung, Apple or Android pay??? For a debit card you still have to enter pin. Pulling my wallet out is just as easy as pulling my phone out and I don't have to wait for my wallet to buzz! Sorry. but the "oh cool" moment dies quickly.
    02-24-2016 12:05 PM
    Went to Home Depot self serve. Took it, entered pin. Invalid transaction. Used same credit card with swipe, entered pin, worked fine. Overall I'm hitting below 20% on it working. No offense to you techies but it is still easier to swipe my card. I love technology but I am dumbfounded on the benefits of Samsung, Apple or Android pay??? For a debit card you still have to enter pin. Pulling my wallet out is just as easy as pulling my phone out and I don't have to wait for my wallet to buzz! Sorry. but the "oh cool" moment dies quickly.
    The only place I can't get it to work is Lowe's. If it worked 100% everywhere that's great but if I still need to use my card at some places, it is like "what's the point". But I use it everywhere but Lowe's. I like the fact that if I forget my wallet I know where to go to get gas or something to eat without my debit card.
    Jpeezy33 likes this.
    02-24-2016 02:13 PM
    The only place I can't get it to work is Lowe's. If it worked 100% everywhere that's great but if I still need to use my card at some places, it is like "what's the point". But I use it everywhere but Lowe's. I like the fact that if I forget my wallet I know where to go to get gas or something to eat without my debit card.
    Debit card, credit card physical card what is that? Lol Spay for me is quick very quick and only 2 places in which I have fails walmart amd Lowe's but haven't tried them since signing my card.

02-24-2016 02:46 PM
    Debit card, credit card physical card what is that? Lol Spay for me is quick very quick and only 2 places in which I have fails walmart amd Lowe's but haven't tried them since signing my card.

I tried Lowe's yesterday. Same as before. I'm not able to get away from having my debit on me, but I have thinned my wallet down from the credit cards I used to carry.
    Jpeezy33 likes this.
    02-24-2016 02:49 PM
    Used my card today at Red Robin's using the pay at the table tablets and worked fine (using MST).

Safeway worked fine as well.

Also worked today at Walmart (using MST) no problem on the readers that now take chip cards. 3 for 3 today.
    Jpeezy33 likes this.
    02-24-2016 11:51 PM
    No go at Home Depot today, tried twice, then the cashier said " we don't take any mobile payments". Pulled out my chipped card amex and paid.
    02-25-2016 01:27 PM
    No go at Home Depot today, tried twice, then the cashier said " we don't take any mobile payments". Pulled out my chipped card amex and paid.
    I use SP at home depot often. In fact just used it this morning. Worked perfectly. Sorry you had a problem. I used with citi and with amex.
    02-25-2016 01:30 PM
1,203 ... 3334353637 ...