10-25-2017 05:34 PM
1,203 ... 3738394041 ...
tools
    I saw earlier in the thread people mentioned that you could find tutorials on youtube. Would these be from Samsung or just random users? I am really interested in learning where the sweet spot is on most devices or the best way to hold the phone. Pictures or a drawing would be most helpful here if that is possible.
    03-13-2016 10:36 AM
    Ever since the update to version 1.7 I've been getting card read errors... I've been flawless at 7 11s and now all card read errors... not sure the problem.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-13-2016 10:42 AM
    Well supposedly the gear watch will have sp on it in due time as uodate. So it's just basically a wait game until it is released on it.

I'm patiently waiting for my Samsung Pay update on my gear s2 watch. But it will only be nfc, the watch doesnt have the necessary hardware for MST.
    markbc likes this.
    03-13-2016 12:09 PM
    I saw earlier in the thread people mentioned that you could find tutorials on youtube. Would these be from Samsung or just random users? I am really interested in learning where the sweet spot is on most devices or the best way to hold the phone. Pictures or a drawing would be most helpful here if that is possible.
    There are users as well as samsung ads. I have 2 on there it's under samsung pay fast and easy name and I also have one at olive garden there are others as well on there many of them that give u a up and close look to use it.

03-14-2016 02:01 AM
    So I decided to move on from T-Mobile and my Note 5 to AT&T with the S7 Edge. Filling out all of the promos even the free VR. Will be testing Samsung Pay on the device. I've never owned an Edge phone so this will be an adjustment to me.
    Jpeezy33 likes this.
    03-18-2016 02:20 PM
    Samsung Pay feels a bit faster on the S7 edge for some strange reason.
    03-19-2016 03:08 PM
    Guy at work just got an s7. I'm wondering if the samsung pay hardware got updated as well.
    03-19-2016 04:52 PM
    Has the chip issue been a problem for anyone or is it no longer an issue? I'm a new Samsung Pay user and I've read the issue with MST failing on chipped cards since some stores require the chip if the card has one. All my cards (and I'm sure all cards by now) have chips so this is a serious issue with Samsung Pay working where Apple Pay doesn't work...
    03-21-2016 08:14 PM
    My Chase Debit has a chip and SP works fine. The terminal uses a different card number than the one printed on your physical card. The card number attached to the SP Chase Debit doesn't have a chip for the terminal to request.
    markbc likes this.
    03-21-2016 09:27 PM
    some people had their bank's fraud department put a hold on their card after first setting it up, even though the bank didn't notify them
    Matt Behnken likes this.
    03-22-2016 09:28 AM
    Has the chip issue been a problem for anyone or is it no longer an issue? I'm a new Samsung Pay user and I've read the issue with MST failing on chipped cards since some stores require the chip if the card has one. All my cards (and I'm sure all cards by now) have chips so this is a serious issue with Samsung Pay working where Apple Pay doesn't work...
    OK so if you have a problem with your chip card. What we have found was to sign your card on the app and you should have no problem I have used it this way and without no problems here.

Open up the app either way by swiping or opening the app then select card and slide down you will see signature then sign the card. Let us know of that helped you

03-22-2016 02:28 PM
    OK so if you have a problem with your chip card. What we have found was to sign your card on the app and you should have no problem I have used it this way and without no problems here.

Open up the app either way by swiping or opening the app then select card and slide down you will see signature then sign the card. Let us know of that helped you

Great thank you. I haven't had a chance to try it yet but I will soon (most places so far I've gone to accept NFC)
    Jpeezy33 likes this.
    03-22-2016 02:31 PM
    My Chase Debit has a chip and SP works fine. The terminal uses a different card number than the one printed on your physical card. The card number attached to the SP Chase Debit doesn't have a chip for the terminal to request.
    Ditto My AMEX Card has a chip, but the SamPay works with the card without issue. It is just a different approach.
    Matt Behnken likes this.
    03-22-2016 07:45 PM
    Wish I had a mini cam for my interactions with Samsung Pay. I used it at Arby's last night and literally the whole front line staff came over and watched and said it won't work,we don't have that and beep there it went. The manager was like I have that on my phone but it doesn't work. I said what do u have Apple? She said yep and I said that why lol. Then I explained it all to them of why it worked and the security of it.priceless got 2 free pumpkin spice shakes lol
    I tried the Arby's near me in Maryland today. No luck. The card reader is unlike any I've seen before. It's a very long slit in the cash drawer of the cash register. Didn't even see my phone enough to generate an error message.
    03-23-2016 10:23 PM
    Did they select credit or debit or credit card? That's what they had to do for me also did u try and move it a little that could be a resolution as well.

03-24-2016 09:20 AM
    Ever since the update to version 1.7 I've been getting card read errors... I've been flawless at 7 11s and now all card read errors... not sure the problem.

I got a couple of errors at 711 recently but then it worked constantly. So it could just be a rare rare instance. Keep trying trust me

03-24-2016 09:22 AM
    Anyone have issues at cracker barrel?
    03-24-2016 07:33 PM
    I noticed there are a couple of new videos by users on youtube that were posted within a month ago and they had some problems and the funny thing is that we have covered those problems that these users faced.. Funny how this thread touched on issues b4 samsung even put it out to the public

03-24-2016 08:34 PM
    My Samsung pay will not work at CVS. It forces me to use the chip, even though I added my signature like others have suggested.
    03-26-2016 08:12 PM
    My Samsung pay will not work at CVS. It forces me to use the chip, even though I added my signature like others have suggested.
    I actually just paid with Samsung Pay today at a CVS. Are you sure the issue was the chip? I used a chip card with no issue. The problem with CVS is their terminals are not able to accept NFC payments even though they have the tech (They've disabled them); however Samsung Pay will recognize the NFC and try to use that which is rejected by CVS. I turned off my NFC when paying so it utilizes the MST instead and it worked perfectly.
    03-26-2016 08:25 PM
    I actually just paid with Samsung Pay today at a CVS. Are you sure the issue was the chip? I used a chip card with no issue. The problem with CVS is their terminals are not able to accept NFC payments even though they have the tech (They've disabled them); however Samsung Pay will recognize the NFC and try to use that which is rejected by CVS. I turned off my NFC when paying so it utilizes the MST instead and it worked perfectly.
    Yes, the machine said chip error. After the second error, it told the cashier to please help customer insert chip card. I will try turning my nfc off. I did not realize I could use Samsung pay if nfc was not on.
    03-26-2016 09:30 PM
    Yes, the machine said chip error. After the second error, it told the cashier to please help customer insert chip card. I will try turning my nfc off. I did not realize I could use Samsung pay if nfc was not on.
    Yes one of the features of Samsung Pay that makes it better than all the other "pays" is it utilizes MST which basically uses the magnets inside the phone (which normally are used to wirelessly charge the phone) to basically transmit the card information to the card reader. It basically "fools" the machine into thinking you swiped a card. It works at most places because of this. Normally if there is no NFC the MST will work by itself, but because CVS has NFC but they don't enable it, you have to turn off the phone's NFC for Samsung Pay to use the MST at CVS...hope that made sense. It may still require a chip though but in my experience I haven't gotten the chip error message yet.

I would recommend you leave NFC on most of the time because its much easier to use and usually won't give you a problem like MST occasionally does...but CVS is a special case.
    James8561 likes this.
    03-26-2016 09:34 PM
    Yes one of the features of Samsung Pay that makes it better than all the other "pays" is it utilizes MST which basically uses the magnets inside the phone (which normally are used to wirelessly charge the phone) to basically transmit the card information to the card reader. It basically "fools" the machine into thinking you swiped a card. It works at most places because of this. Normally if there is no NFC the MST will work by itself, but because CVS has NFC but they don't enable it, you have to turn off the phone's NFC for Samsung Pay to use the MST at CVS...hope that made sense. It may still require a chip though but in my experience I haven't gotten the chip error message yet.

I would recommend you leave NFC on most of the time because its much easier to use and usually won't give you a problem like MST occasionally does...but CVS is a special case.
    Thanks! Hope this works. Since I work there, I'll give it a shot soon.

Would having a case on my phone matter? I figured not, because I am able to wirelessly charge it with the case on.
    03-26-2016 10:44 PM
    I remember CVS and rite Aid taking a stand against Apple Pay and disabling nfc. But rite aid reversed and now proudly displayed the fact they accept Apple pay, Samsung pay and Android pay right on the entrance door. CVS is holding out still I guess.
    03-27-2016 07:12 AM
    Anyone have issues at cracker barrel?
    Yes. I've attempted at two different stores now. The reader shows an error message and their system will not allow a second attempt from the customer side. Both times I had to give the card to the cashier.

They were both friendly about it. The second store a manager mentioned that she thought they only allowed the single attempt because of their customer base being mostly older and getting frustrated with having to try more than once... That's a customer service idea I can understand and even appreciate. I just wish I could play with SPay there to get it working. =)

03-27-2016 08:18 AM
1,203 ... 3738394041 ...