10-25-2017 05:34 PM
1,203 ... 23456 ...
tools
    The 4 digit number that u provide to the cashier if requested is the digital one it is right there under your card. Do not provide the really 4 digit card number
    SpookDroid and 20blks like this.
    10-19-2015 03:49 PM
    Ummm... it does. It shows both the last 4 digits of the physical card and the virtual card number as well.
    okay, me iz blind. Have not used my samsung pay yet (cannot find a prepaid card )and I guess I really should have looked at what is shows for my credit. I just assumed because I have been reading posts in different forums where the user complained about pulling out their card to get the four digit number. Sorry about that.
    10-19-2015 05:53 PM
    The last four digits of the physical card doesn't even need to be there. It only confuses the cashier who has to type it in
    Jpeezy33 likes this.
    10-19-2015 06:35 PM
    Guys and gals so I want to take a survey real quick. How many of u guys r using Samsung Pay everyday? Do you think with the new commercial that they released will influence consumers to grab the phone?

Also was wordering I know the S2 has NFC I believe so why wouldn't that work for those phones to do a purchase? Like Apple pay?

Thank you all for continuing to keep this thread going. This is my first time posting a thread period on this site (forum)
    10-19-2015 06:56 PM
    I had a weird experience today. First let me preface by saying I have Samsung Pay performance anxiety. I tried it for the first time yesterday at Acme (grocery store) in the comfort of a self checkout line. It worked great.

Tried it again at a vending machine at work today. Success.

Finally I was ready to give it a go at a store in front of a live audience. I went to Wawa and nervously placed my phone on the reader and thought I heard a beep. Great. However I didn't see any other signs of the transaction going through. I panicked and grabbed a card out of my wallet and swiped it several times and that wouldn't work either. I had to hand it to the cashier to swipe it on her end. I wonder if my phone broke it?? Haha.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Jpeezy33 and Kalnel like this.
    10-19-2015 07:38 PM
    I had a weird experience today. First let me preface by saying I have Samsung Pay performance anxiety. I tried it for the first time yesterday at Acme (grocery store) in the comfort of a self checkout line. It worked great.

Tried it again at a vending machine at work today. Success.

Finally I was ready to give it a go at a store in front of a live audience. I went to Wawa and nervously placed my phone on the reader and thought I heard a beep. Great. However I didn't see any other signs of the transaction going through. I panicked and grabbed a card out of my wallet and swiped it several times and that wouldn't work either. I had to hand it to the cashier to swipe it on her end. I wonder if my phone broke it?? Haha.

Haha, just to let u know that anxiety feeling I had in the beginning but it went away after my 4th or 5th time. So no worries lol. As far as your last transaction went. If that occurs again don't focus on beep see if the screen changes. If the screen changes then you are good, you can easily ask the cashier did it go through when u hear the beep. Some places you have to wait for the cashier to completely finish and hit total. Not promoting my video but I have one on YouTube that I was to fast and had to wait on cashier. YouTube Samsung Pay fast and easy.
    debdroid1a and jonesyvoor like this.
    10-19-2015 07:53 PM
    exactly
    10-19-2015 09:26 PM
    Trying to get the feel for this. So you should say Credit at checkout, hold the phone close to the slide mechanism and wait for...?
    10-20-2015 06:27 AM
    Trying to get the feel for this. So you should say Credit at checkout, hold the phone close to the slide mechanism and wait for...?
    I select credit at the payment terminal then use my fingerprint to activate the magnetic swiping field on the Samsung Pay app, then hold my phone near the swipe card reader. About 2-4 secs later the transaction is complete.
    10-20-2015 06:50 AM
    okay, me iz blind. Have not used my samsung pay yet (cannot find a prepaid card )and I guess I really should have looked at what is shows for my credit. I just assumed because I have been reading posts in different forums where the user complained about pulling out their card to get the four digit number. Sorry about that.
    Maybe they're asking for the security digits? Those are only in the physical card, but to the best of my knowledge, you don't need those unless you're paying online or over the phone (and not all vendors require it, for some reason). But I can't recall anyone ever asking me for either the security numbers or even the last four digits of the card on physical terminals.
    10-20-2015 11:14 AM
    Guys and gals so I want to take a survey real quick. How many of u guys r using Samsung Pay everyday? Do you think with the new commercial that they released will influence consumers to grab the phone?

Also was wordering I know the S2 has NFC I believe so why wouldn't that work for those phones to do a purchase? Like Apple pay?

Thank you all for continuing to keep this thread going. This is my first time posting a thread period on this site (forum)
    I do use it every day, now I'm even tempted to leave my cards at home haha. If this could hold my driver's license, I'd leave my wallet! :P
    I do think the commercials help, at least to get people to know that there are phones out there that aren't Apple. I can't help but to smile every time someone is shocked by the fact that my phone works on normal payment terminals. Great conversation starter, too! I once had the cashier, the girl that helps with the boxes, another cashier, the three people behind me and the manager at a Costco store amazed by how I payed with a phone and had me there explaining how it worked for like 10 minutes!

As for why Samsung Pay hasn't released an NFC-Only version for older phones and/or NFC-enabled wearables, is beyond me. Or why Android Pay, an NFC-inherent payment method, doesn't work with NFC-enabled Android Wear watches (are there any though?).

If not for payments, at least they should let you use the NFC for other things like room keys, ID replacement, or triggering actions in phones.
    10-20-2015 11:19 AM
    That is because NFC only version would have no advantage over apple pay. They need to set themselves apart.
    10-20-2015 11:22 AM
    They do... on MST-enabled phones. But Samsung Pay ALSO works on NFC in those phones, so why not release an NFC-only version and let older models use that too? Sure, doing that drives hardware sales for the newer stuff, but doing the simpler version (at least at a later date) would increase Samsung Pay adoption and probably get more banks on board.

And if not Samsung, at least Android Pay.
    10-20-2015 11:28 AM
    they might eventually have the nfc only versions but I think there would be a lot of confusion. I think too many users would see the words samsung pay and miss the details than start badmouthing Samsung pay because it did not work.
    r56mcs likes this.
    10-20-2015 05:26 PM
    That's what I mean.
    10-20-2015 06:37 PM
    The NFC on older phone cannot process payment, can only do basic data transfer.
    10-21-2015 01:49 PM
    The NFC on older phone cannot process payment, can only do basic data transfer.
    Mmmm, nope. NFC is NFC anywhere. Older chips have been able to pay with Android Pay and before that, with Google Wallet before the split.
    10-21-2015 03:21 PM
    My bet is that in 18 months or so, Apple will release a phone with the capability of working will magnetic card readers, and everyone will say, "Wow!!! How innovative! Apple has changed the world again!"

(No dis on Apple, but as an Android (and before that Windows Mobile) user, it gets old to hear that Apple just invented things you've been using for years.)

I've had good luck with Samsung Pay so far -- the only place I haven't been able to use it was at the gas pump. (I suppose I could have gone inside to pay, but that didn't seem like a more convenient approach than just swiping my card.)

Most of the time I get cashiers telling me it won't work, but my favorite reaction was from a Safeway cashier who said, "Well, look at that. It's Back to the Future day for sure!"
    10-21-2015 09:21 PM
    I'm actually at about a 60% success rate with it so far which is really dissapointing. I've used it successfully at target a few times, at a shop rite and I surprised the heck out of my eye doctor tonight on a really old machine. But after 3 attempts at 3 different 7 eleven's they all declined. Im usuing my BoA debit card. I'll get the prompt from the terminal to type in my debit PIN so I do and it says declined. Tonight I tried it 4 times and declined all 4 times.
    I've also got the declined prompt from a Starbucks. I reached over the counter to tap and pay... all cocky and smug... and it declined.

Very embarassing.
    Am I doing something wrong?

10-21-2015 09:45 PM
    If you choose credit at 7/11, it should go through after that without needing to enter any kind of PIN.
    10-22-2015 12:24 AM
    Check and see if your bank put a hold on your card for fraud warning
    10-22-2015 12:26 AM
    Tried for my first use last night, at Lowes. Swipe terminal beeped immediately and said waiting for cashier. The last four digits and expiration date showed up on her register screen along with Bad Card Read Error. Tried twice, same thing both times.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    10-22-2015 05:21 AM
    Yea with 711 u have to hit cancel and select credit there must be something with their reader. That happens to me all the time with 711 credit will always go through. As far as Starbucks goes I dunno why it is declined. Also like r56mcs check your bank.

I am at 100% success rate basically. I gave gotten card read error b4 and had them cancel it and place the phone maybe slightly higher or had it on the side of the reader and it worked.
    10-22-2015 07:45 AM
    Just had a hospital cafeteria deny me from using Samsung Pay. Cashier put her hand up to keep me from putting the phone to the magnetic reader. I was told a manager had scolded them previously for allowing transactions where the card wasn't present.

I plan on contacting the company about it. I feel like someone doesn't understand how it works.

Jpeezy33 likes this.
    10-22-2015 10:25 AM
    That manager is technologically handicapped
    Mr_Bugman, Jpeezy33 and LewLew23 like this.
    10-22-2015 11:22 AM
1,203 ... 23456 ...