10-25-2017 05:34 PM
1,203 ... 3839404142 ...
tools
    Yes. I've attempted at two different stores now. The reader shows an error message and their system will not allow a second attempt from the customer side. Both times I had to give the card to the cashier.

They were both friendly about it. The second store a manager mentioned that she thought they only allowed the single attempt because of their customer base being mostly older and getting frustrated with having to try more than once... That's a customer service idea I can understand and even appreciate. I just wish I could play with SPay there to get it working. =)

Posted via the Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails Where Samsung Pay didn't work for you.-20160118_213248.jpg  
    romeobob2 likes this.
    03-27-2016 08:20 AM
    Thanks! Hope this works. Since I work there, I'll give it a shot soon.

Would having a case on my phone matter? I figured not, because I am able to wirelessly charge it with the case on.
    Depends on how thick the case is. If you can wirelessly charge through your case your SHOULD be able to use it without any issue. But if the wireless charging doesn't work than the MST via Samsung Pay will likely not work.
    03-27-2016 10:17 AM
    I remember CVS and rite Aid taking a stand against Apple Pay and disabling nfc. But rite aid reversed and now proudly displayed the fact they accept Apple pay, Samsung pay and Android pay right on the entrance door. CVS is holding out still I guess.
    Yeah CVS still hasn't given in thanks to their CurrentC contract...
    03-27-2016 10:18 AM
    I just tried at a dollar general and it did not work either. Their machine even had the nfc payment symbol on it. My phone never beeped and the transaction would not process.
    03-27-2016 11:59 AM
    I just tried at a dollar general and it did not work either. Their machine even had the nfc payment symbol on it. My phone never beeped and the transaction would not process.
    Did u try it both ways NFC and MST? Bc maybe their nfc is not enabled.

03-27-2016 03:36 PM
    I would recommend you leave NFC on most of the time because its much easier to use and usually won't give you a problem like MST occasionally does...but CVS is a special case.
    If you leave NFC off, SP will turn it on for you after MST fails. No need to leave it turned on.
    James8561 likes this.
    03-27-2016 04:30 PM
    If you leave NFC off, SP will turn it on for you after MST fails. No need to leave it turned on.
    Really? Very interesting. That's good to know.
    03-27-2016 07:28 PM
    Did u try it both ways NFC and MST? Bc maybe their nfc is not enabled.

I did not try it with nfc off. I'm gonna leave nfc off and try it next time at CVS and dollar general.
    03-27-2016 07:29 PM
    I only been able to use it at CVS/walgreens and dollar general as mst

03-27-2016 08:36 PM
    I only been able to use it at CVS/walgreens and dollar general as mst

Worked for me at CVS only when nfc was turned off. Thanks for the tip.
    03-28-2016 09:59 PM
    Didn't work at all the Disney Theme Parks. Ironically people were able to pay with their "magic bands".

Also didn't work at the gas station.
    03-29-2016 07:57 PM
    Didn't work at all the Disney Theme Parks. Ironically people were able to pay with their "magic bands".

Also didn't work at the gas station.
    Did u even get a beep or anything at Disney? Was the reader on your side?

03-30-2016 08:24 PM
    Wow I can confirm this. When you authorize with fingerprint and if you pull down the top status bar, you'll see the NFC icon turn on. As soon as payment mode expires or you back out of it, you'll see it turn off.
    Now I leave my NFC off all the time to save battery. I've seen noticeable battery life increase too
    Jpeezy33 likes this.
    03-31-2016 02:33 PM
    I used it at the dog groomers the other day and they just started accepting credit cards. The lady was older and she did not ask me what I was doing or anything she was like wow I have never seen that b4 and she yelled to her other coworkers and said he just paid with his phone. I also used it at Popeyes chicken and the lady was young and she was in awe. Told her manager he paid with phone she said huh. So I bought another biscuit just to show her and the manager was like that is awesome. I didn't get questioned they just asked me what phone are capable of this I told her and out the door.

So still alot of people are not aware but yet people are kool with it being used. The ones that don't allow or try to prevent you from using it they just stuck in their ways or scared of change or improvement

LewLew23 likes this.
    04-01-2016 12:18 PM
    Tried to use at Super cuts today. Tried twice. Each time, the receipt printed out normally, asking for tip and signature. But on the screen, the cashier got a message saying "Invalid exp date. (use MMYY)." Very strange. Never got this type of message before. I Tweeted to SP.
    04-01-2016 12:36 PM
    04-01-2016 12:36 PM
    Tried to use at Super cuts today. Tried twice. Each time, the receipt printed out normally, asking for tip and signature. But on the screen, the cashier got a message saying "Invalid exp date. (use MMYY)." Very strange. Never got this type of message before. I Tweeted to SP.
    Finally you u say that bc I am at great clips now and going to try it also lol

04-01-2016 06:32 PM
    Just had a successful attempt at Great Clips without a hitch

04-01-2016 06:48 PM
    Just had a successful attempt at Great Clips without a hitch

glad you had success. I was at Super cuts.
    04-01-2016 07:38 PM
    Just used it at cold stone creamery and the cashier looked at me when I reached over and used it. It accepted in honestly 1sec. So I close out samsung pay she looks at me, so I said ok you can enter the total now she said huh? So I pointed to the reader she said wow. The customer next to me as asked me if that was apple I said no samsung he said I have the S6 but haven't signed up for it I told him how fast it was and simple to register your cards. He said I can see how fast it was he said he's going to do it awesomeness.

04-01-2016 08:36 PM
    My MST part worked once at Walmart self service checkout. Then at other terminals at Walmart it says failed to read card. I went to Lowes (multiple times), Advanced Auto, a NY Pizza which the terminal states "card read problem" If I use the NFC at Advanced Auto, NY Pizza it works just fine. Lowes/Walmart near me doesn't have the NFC terminals.

Maybe my phone is bad, or my case is blocking the MST signal. Hmmmm
    04-01-2016 10:36 PM
    My MST part worked once at Walmart self service checkout. Then at other terminals at Walmart it says failed to read card. I went to Lowes (multiple times), Advanced Auto, a NY Pizza which the terminal states "card read problem" If I use the NFC at Advanced Auto, NY Pizza it works just fine. Lowes/Walmart near me doesn't have the NFC terminals.

Maybe my phone is bad, or my case is blocking the MST signal. Hmmmm
    I have 100% success at Walmart. Every register. As noted in another thread, Lowe's has serious issues. But I use nfc every time it's available. Might try to remove your case and use it next time at Walmart. Sometime I get card error, but just hold it in place and it will always get it in a second or two more.
    04-02-2016 07:52 AM
    I find that for MST I get error on the first try about 50% of the time. Then I remove the phone for a few seconds until the error message go away then try again and 90% of the time it works. Keep doing this until it works.
    For NFC, The placement of the phone is very particular. Samsung has their transmitter right in the center of the back while Apple has it on their top edge. Once I figured this out and start holding the phone more towards the top of the terminal NFC works flawlessly.
    04-02-2016 09:11 AM
    I have yet to use it as NFC more than one time I only used it at McDonalds The walgreens here says they are setup for it but every time it says show card to cashier or that I removed it to early. So I just use it as mst which to new is just as smoove

04-02-2016 09:50 AM
    No go at Ollie's. Tried 3 times before giving up. Lady kept telling me that we're not setup for that. We need an extra "box" to use your phone.
    04-02-2016 10:39 AM
1,203 ... 3839404142 ...