10-25-2017 05:34 PM
1,203 ... 3940414243 ...
tools
    For Walgreens if it says card removed prematurely, try again but put the phone higher. You want the center of the back again the blue NFC pad on top. NFC is usually a lot faster and you don't have to enter pin or sign
    04-02-2016 03:08 PM
    Finally used at as a debit and got Cashback I never tried it before

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-02-2016 04:06 PM
    For Walgreens if it says card removed prematurely, try again but put the phone higher. You want the center of the back again the blue NFC pad on top. NFC is usually a lot faster and you don't have to enter pin or sign
    I will try that next time. Thank a

04-02-2016 04:28 PM
    Tried at sportclips the other day. MST failed first try then Nfc worked second time.
    04-03-2016 04:36 AM
    I've got a question that I'm hoping y'all can help me with. Whenever I try to use SP with my PNC bank card, it automatically tries to run it through as debit and asks for my pin. I enter the pin for my physical card, it says processing, then declined. However, if I force it to run the transaction as credit, it goes through no problem. This has happened at all sorts of places. It's a bit confusing and time consuming trying to get each terminal to switch the transaction to credit instead of debit (they're all somewhat different in that process). Has anyone else had this issue? Am I doing something wrong trying to run it as debit? I'm sorry if this has been answered before...just needing someone to point me in the right direction. Thanks!
    04-03-2016 04:15 PM
    Honestly, I've used samsung pay at the touchscreen register with the magnetic strip attached to it and it's worked. I have a tutti fruiti near my house and they have that small magnetic strip unit. It's in the Samsung pay commercials and tutorials. It's the one that has the small display and the numerical numbers to enter your pin right. The employees won't even let me TRY TO use it. It just made me really pissed that they (yes "they" because i went twice with two different employees) wouldn't even let me TRY it. They blow me off telling me "No it won't work, only take credit card and cash". They're really stupid...
    Any suggestions on what I can do??
    04-03-2016 11:36 PM
    I've got a question that I'm hoping y'all can help me with. Whenever I try to use SP with my PNC bank card, it automatically tries to run it through as debit and asks for my pin. I enter the pin for my physical card, it says processing, then declined. However, if I force it to run the transaction as credit, it goes through no problem. This has happened at all sorts of places. It's a bit confusing and time consuming trying to get each terminal to switch the transaction to credit instead of debit (they're all somewhat different in that process). Has anyone else had this issue? Am I doing something wrong trying to run it as debit? I'm sorry if this has been answered before...just needing someone to point me in the right direction. Thanks!
    Welcome to this thread... well it could be that specific stores system that only allows credit and not debit. Example 711 stores only allow credit if run as debit it will be declined also try this if you have not yet sign your cards in the app just open app select card and slide down and there is signature I don't know if your card is chipped or not but try that as well. If the signing of card doesn't make a difference call bank and make sure your mobile wallet is setup correctly. If you are getting a read and able to enter pin then you are not doing anything wrong it's probably just their system basically and what stores are u having that problem and if we have those stores in our area we definitely will go out and try it as well that's what we do here. We are here to help we touch on many things here..

04-03-2016 11:45 PM
    Honestly, I've used samsung pay at the touchscreen register with the magnetic strip attached to it and it's worked. I have a tutti fruiti near my house and they have that small magnetic strip unit. It's in the Samsung pay commercials and tutorials. It's the one that has the small display and the numerical numbers to enter your pin right. The employees won't even let me TRY TO use it. It just made me really pissed that they (yes "they" because i went twice with two different employees) wouldn't even let me TRY it. They blow me off telling me "No it won't work, only take credit card and cash". They're really stupid...
    Any suggestions on what I can do??
    Do this if the reader is not connected to the terminal once you get your total or you have to tell them you are paying with a card then just reach over and do it or if u can do the reader and it says swipe card go ahead and swipe or just say look i use it everywhere. Don't say I'm paying with my phone up front. But once u go ahead and place your phone there by the time they realize it it'll probably already have went through. Also if they do try and stop u say look it's not apple pay watch it'll work. Key thing gotta he confident when u r trying to convince cashiers. I usually just go and place my phone right over the reader without even saying a single word the only thing I say is "k u have to enter the total now." Let's us know what happens

Joel Monroy likes this.
    04-03-2016 11:52 PM
    Didn't work at target for me. I Ran as credit and debit in which both failed. The pin pad gave me a message saying "unable to accept, contact card issuer"

04-03-2016 11:55 PM
    Just want to report that if you turn off NFC, then Samsung Pay will not work over NFC even if the icon shows up after fingerprint. Looks like leaving NFC on is a requirement
    04-04-2016 01:12 AM
    Just want to report that if you turn off NFC, then Samsung Pay will not work over NFC even if the icon shows up after fingerprint. Looks like leaving NFC on is a requirement
    I think Samsung pay turns on nfc as needed. I have mine turned off and used it the other day at rite-aid with nfc.
    04-04-2016 06:26 AM
    please delete this post!

I posted correctly below with the quoted post
    04-04-2016 07:19 AM

This is precisely the same exact issue I continue to encounter! I've called PNC customer service and they are helpless; on 3 separate occasions, telling me the same thing (card was declined due to bad reader) Yet if I put it through as credit it works! Its extremely annoying and honestly makes me not want to deal with the embarrassment of getting declined.
    04-04-2016 07:33 AM
    2 ways to look at the declined it isn't the reader it could be the system and 2ndly if that's not the case then PNC customer service isn't fully trained to tackle that situation. Question what stores or stores are u getting declined as debit? Have you deleted the card and then readded it and sign the card within the app tackle all these and see if that helps if not hit up samsung pay tech support.

04-04-2016 07:43 AM
    I'm on the phone with Samsung Pay technical support now. Just realized that I had never finished setting up Samsung Pay (adding my address, telephone, and email address). I wonder if that could have had something to do with it? No way to know until I try it again. I'll let y'all know if support is able to find a fix, though.
    04-04-2016 03:49 PM
    Apparently, there is no fix on their end for my particular issue. The rep said it has something to do with PNC and their security. From what I was able to gather, some PNC cards are only recognized as credit in Samsung Pay, even though they're actually debit cards. He said it doesn't happen with all of them, but mine appears to be one of the ones that is listed as credit transactions only. Not really sure why, but my next call is to PNC.
    04-04-2016 03:58 PM
    Bubbles well at least u are one step closer to fixing or getting a reason for why this is happening what stores was this happening at?

04-04-2016 04:52 PM
    It didn't work for me at Windsor so I had to use plastic.
    04-05-2016 07:40 AM
    I've been getting notifications for my purchases on Samsung Pay with my Debit Card. It's exactly like if you used it with a Credit card. New Update?
    04-05-2016 08:24 AM
    I've been getting notifications for my purchases on Samsung Pay with my Debit Card. It's exactly like if you used it with a Credit card. New Update?
    I always have gotten notifications with my debit. I'm on chase debit card.
    04-05-2016 03:06 PM
    I am with BOA and never got it when I used my debit card either as debit or credit i only got it when I used the actual credit card.

Nathan Innocent likes this.
    04-05-2016 03:20 PM
    I have been able to use the Samsung Pay with a Galaxy 7 without difficulty in several different places. The older credit card machines work great although I have found that holding the phone close to the card reader with a slight swipe motion works best. I couldn't be more satisfied but I still card one physical credit card with me just in case.
    Jpeezy33 likes this.
    04-06-2016 12:12 PM
    Finally used it as NFC today and had it turned off like someone posted earlier and it turned in and worked (no disrespect just forgot would posted it) but it was fast not as fast as some of my transaction with MST granted I have to press buttons for MST. It was a small air popcorn spot.

04-06-2016 07:40 PM
    Just used it at Dennys and blew 3 employees mind they were like wow omg I didn't know we had it.lol showed it to them and got my food and left the phone is the devil

TLemieux likes this.
    04-07-2016 10:06 AM
    Just a quick update...PNC is actually sending me a new bank card due to the fact that I'm having trouble with their ATMs as well. They think that when they programmed my card, something didn't translate right on the debit end of things and that it might be part of the issue. Hopefully I'll get my new card soon and give SP another try.
    Jpeezy33 likes this.
    04-07-2016 03:47 PM
1,203 ... 3940414243 ...