10-25-2017 05:34 PM
1,203 ... 4142434445 ...
tools
    I need to take my wife with me next time! I drive an old diesel vw (50 mpg!) And only stop every 3 weeks at the gas station!
    04-18-2016 05:26 PM
    If I use it at 7-11 and do the gas pump trick, it shows up as $0.00 in Samsung pay app but correct on bank statement. Make sure you push "pay here credit" before you do the trick or it will run as debit and get declined.
    What is the gas station trick??

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-18-2016 05:28 PM
    Did you put it through as debit and use your pin or credit?
    It's a credit card, so I used credit. I only had to hit credit on one of the machines though. The rest went through as credit automatically.
    04-18-2016 08:25 PM
    What is the gas station trick??

It's a way to trick the pump into using Samsung pay. Because the card needs to be inserted to trigger the card read, you have to trip a switch in the back of the card slot with a driver's license or other item the same size. I have a discount gas card in my cars that gets me .03 off a gallon. So I swipe it to get the discount then turn the card over and put the mag stripe at the bottom. Push it in to trigger the card read pull it out slightly ( just enough to get the card off the switch) while holding the phone up to the card reader while Samsung pay is transmitting. But it only works on some pumps. Seems the newer they are the better it works. At least that's my area.
    04-18-2016 09:07 PM
    It's a way to trick the pump into using Samsung pay. Because the card needs to be inserted to trigger the card read, you have to trip a switch in the back of the card slot with a driver's license or other item the same size. I have a discount gas card in my cars that gets me .03 off a gallon. So I swipe it to get the discount then turn the card over and put the mag stripe at the bottom. Push it in to trigger the card read pull it out slightly ( just enough to get the card off the switch) while holding the phone up to the card reader while Samsung pay is transmitting. But it only works on some pumps. Seems the newer they are the better it works. At least that's my area.
    I love using Samsung pay, but if you're going to take out the card anyway, why even go through the work to use the phone?
    04-18-2016 11:22 PM
    I love using Samsung pay, but if you're going to take out the card anyway, why even go through the work to use the phone?
    I keep the discount card in my car door. I have one in every car. I just grab it on the way out to the pump.
    04-19-2016 03:34 AM
    It didn't work for me at Target or Home Depot systems eventhough both payment stations recieved the info from my phone. Both said declined. Same with Whole Foods (same company payment system as Target which is Verifone)

04-20-2016 01:30 AM
    Do this if the reader is not connected to the terminal once you get your total or you have to tell them you are paying with a card then just reach over and do it or if u can do the reader and it says swipe card go ahead and swipe or just say look i use it everywhere. Don't say I'm paying with my phone up front. But once u go ahead and place your phone there by the time they realize it it'll probably already have went through. Also if they do try and stop u say look it's not apple pay watch it'll work. Key thing gotta he confident when u r trying to convince cashiers. I usually just go and place my phone right over the reader without even saying a single word the only thing I say is "k u have to enter the total now." Let's us know what happens

Used it at my local yogurt land instead and worked perfectly.

04-20-2016 01:38 AM
    It didn't work for me at Target or Home Depot systems eventhough both payment stations recieved the info from my phone. Both said declined. Same with Whole Foods (same company payment system as Target which is Verifone)

Haven't tried at Target but does work for me at home depot. It was at the self checkout though.
    04-20-2016 05:31 AM
    Hey guys has anybody heard about payrange it's in vending machines. Payrange is a a mobile payment app as well I was wondering can you use Samsung pay because it still has a contactless form of payment? I just found out we have one of those vending machines here at my job and I'm going to try it but I just wanted to know if anybody has heard of it or used it I'll try to take a picture of it as well if I remember

04-20-2016 09:09 AM
    Delete
    04-20-2016 09:37 AM
    Works every time for me at Target. Make sure you signed your card in the app and put the middle of the back of the phone towards the middle of the slot
    Jpeezy33 likes this.
    04-20-2016 01:01 PM
    Thanks for the advice JPeezy. Sorry that I haven't been back since then. This was my first time using Samsung Pay and I had gotten the notification from the bank that Samsung Pay had been added. I have gotten to work a few places since then. It seems like every time it works it goes through as debit. In that case I should still be keying in my PIN on the merchants device, right?

Another question I have because I've seen reference to it a little bit, is it best to have NFC turned off? I've had it turned on and I'm wondering if that's had an impact on my attempts.
    04-21-2016 11:46 AM
    Thanks for the advice JPeezy. Sorry that I haven't been back since then. This was my first time using Samsung Pay and I had gotten the notification from the bank that Samsung Pay had been added. I have gotten to work a few places since then. It seems like every time it works it goes through as debit. In that case I should still be keying in my PIN on the merchants device, right?

Another question I have because I've seen reference to it a little bit, is it best to have NFC turned off? I've had it turned on and I'm wondering if that's had an impact on my attempts.

The debit question..some merchants automatically default to debit like 711, some grocery stores heck even my daughter preschool defaults to debit. If this does happen select credit or hit the cancel button it depends on the merchant. Or ask the cashier to select credit. When it comes to NFC we have come to this conclusion keep it off it automatically turns on during your use of the app. What stores default to debit?

NIUHuskie likes this.
    04-21-2016 01:47 PM

I had NFC turned off when I installed Samsung Pay. After the install it was on so that must have happened during the install. Presume Samsung wants it on.
    Hey guys has anybody heard about payrange it's in vending machines. Payrange is a a mobile payment app as well I was wondering can you use Samsung pay because it still has a contactless form of payment? I just found out we have one of those vending machines here at my job and I'm going to try it but I just wanted to know if anybody has heard of it or used it I'll try to take a picture of it as well if I remember

04-21-2016 02:08 PM
    The debit question..some merchants automatically default to debit like 711, some grocery stores heck even my daughter preschool defaults to debit. If this does happen select credit or hit the cancel button it depends on the merchant. Or ask the cashier to select credit. When it comes to NFC we have come to this conclusion keep it off it automatically turns on during your use of the app. What stores default to debit?

I believe it defaulted to debit at Wal-Mart and at Binny's Beverage Depot, which is a liquor store chain here in the Chicago area for those who are unfamiliar.
    04-21-2016 03:45 PM
    Yea places like that default if it's a debit card but u can still hit credit if want to..

04-21-2016 04:30 PM
    I believe it defaulted to debit at Wal-Mart and at Binny's Beverage Depot, which is a liquor store chain here in the Chicago area for those who are unfamiliar.
    When you use it you can say that you want it as credit. Sometimes that will make it easier so you don't have to guess or be forced to use debit.

In regards to nfc I keep mine off. You can see in an above post, I used it at about 5 or so stores, as well as CVS and Circle K with nfc turned off and it worked perfectly each time.
    04-21-2016 06:45 PM
    I've been following this forum for a couple months now and have had about 100% success after I fix little things. I've been having one trouble though, my 7-11 just recently got updated card readers with nfc, but it is turned off. So when I go to pay with spay it uses nfc and doesn't work. I know I can turn nfc off after a use my finger print, but is there a way to turn off nfc payments through spay only? I use nfc with hue lights and such.

04-22-2016 10:46 AM
    Samsung pay always switches on NFC, I guess one way you could do it is to default to android pay and turn off the open app setting.

Does anyone know that if you have simple pay on for screen off does it consume more battery? That means it'll always have to keep the touch active?
    04-22-2016 11:07 AM
    I know it turns it on automatically I was wondering if it could not turn on automatically.

04-22-2016 11:28 AM
    I know it turns it on automatically I was wondering if it could not turn on automatically.

Not that I've seen
    04-22-2016 02:45 PM

Yea like Scott said I so that think it's possible.. also next time u r in 711 take a pic of the reader and post it here. 711 is soooo weird when it comes to us9ng samsung pay. They r the only terminal that I experienced and know of that only allows credit with SamsungPay. Glad u have been following this forum/thread we have a great people her that have helped us all get the best experience out of samsung pay

04-22-2016 07:27 PM
    I wish nfc could be turned off in Samsung pay. I have had several issues with small card readers at small shops and they have nfc in them but are not activated. I sometimes trip the nfc reader when near the the card slot for MST. The transaction then has to be canceled and tried again.
    Jpeezy33 likes this.
    04-22-2016 08:40 PM
    tried two different times at BJ'S and it doesn't work. i'm not sure if it's the store, samsung pay or bank not allowing it maybe cause it's a high purchase between $200-$300? works flawlessly at all other stores for smaller purchases.
    04-24-2016 04:24 PM
1,203 ... 4142434445 ...