10-25-2017 05:34 PM
1,203 ... 4445464748 ...
tools
    for those of you having issues at loews here is an official statement by tier 2 support from samsung pay:

"dear customer,

thank you for contacting us. We appreciate the opportunity to assist you.

This is with regards to your concern about samsung pay with reference number spay************. We've already received the feedback from our level 2 support regarding your issue in making a payment using samsung pay in lowes home improvement. Based on our escalation department " lowes will currently only work when the customer uses the retry option on the app. This is a technical issue with the way lowes processing card payments and is not an issue with samsung pay. Lowes technical teams are aware of this.

When the customer is at lowes, they can successfully make a purchase by starting the purchase process on the phone and waiting until the payment times out (60 seconds). Then, they can touch the retry button on the phone and send the payment to the card reader."

don't understand why, but that's the official word
    this is it! Finally success at lowes! Went straight through debit and even got cash back!
    05-26-2016 04:47 PM
    Just used it at this reader that I have never seen before.. u can barley see where to swipe it, It looks like a cell phone. Also I had cell service but no Internet here on vacation in catilina island but was still able to use it.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails Where Samsung Pay didn't work for you.-9138.jpg  
    05-27-2016 11:29 PM
    Merchant services are pushing the "smart terminal". We have recently started using Poynt terminal. It accepts magnetic stripe, EMV, NFC, Bluetooth and QR code.

05-28-2016 01:58 AM
    I'm with you on being a little bummed about loyalty cards having to be scanned. Unless SPay implements something like the beaming technology that "Beep-N-Go" uses, I don't see any reason to stop using that app for my loyalty/membership cards. It works 100% of the time for me.
    So loyalty cards in Samsung Pay work exactly the same way they do using the beaming technology that "Beep-N-Go" uses. That beaming technology is actually a feature that is mostly only on Samsung devices so Samsung made sure to take advantage of it.
    James8561 likes this.
    06-01-2016 01:04 AM
    So I tried to use SPay at Subway, where they state they accept SPay and after the reader recognizes the 'swipe', it states DENIED. Tried twice and same issue. This is an ongoing issue for me where it rarely works and will work 1 out of 5 times if I put it through as credit, can't even think about using debit. I've called my bank PNC on three separate occasions and the reps tell me the same thing, its due to a bad reader. They don't to understand it can't possibly be every ready I've come across. I feel I'm ready to just give up trying SPay as I keep looking like a fool each time it doesn't work.
    06-02-2016 07:17 AM
    My subway has a old nfc terminal that works with Samsung pay. Might try nfc instead of Mst if your subway has the same old terminal.
    06-02-2016 12:37 PM
    My subway has a old nfc terminal that works with Samsung pay. Might try nfc instead of Mst if your subway has the same old terminal.
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...e62285540e.jpg
    I have that same one here at the Subways I use and I use it both ways nfc and mst.

06-02-2016 01:03 PM
    Also wait in the cashier at Subway wait for the screen to say tap and pay or swipe. That happen to me initially and I had to wait on the cashier. Even doing it as NFC I would get the blue check mark on Spay but it didn't take. So I redid it and waited on the cashier then I did it and it worked.

Side not tried it at Panda Express and it read Spay but said invalid card try another card did it twice and samething.

06-02-2016 01:06 PM
    I tried using Samsung Pay to buy a money order at Kroger using my Wells Fargo Debit Card and same pin I use on the physical card. Wells Fargo rapid alerts said there was an error processing so I used the physical and it worked. This the first time using my Wells Fargo Debit Card with Samsung Pay. The only other issue was at Walmart with an actual cashier with an older pin pad with my Chase Saphire credit card. It didn't go through the first time took the money out the account then back into the account right away. It worked on the second try.
    06-02-2016 01:21 PM
    I had my first experience with the square reader attached to cashier cell phone to his amazement and mine it blew or mins that it worked it actually worked than regular transaction

06-11-2016 03:56 PM
    Does anybody actually know what "invalid card" means. I get the error once in a while, but usually either hitting the retry button or trying the payment again seems to fix the issue. I'd say its the most common error, but its usually correctable. Is the error coming from the MST not making good contact with the card reader or is it an issue with the actual merchant's system. I think it stems from sometimes not making a good MST transition to the terminal, but that's just my best guess. Anybody have an answer?
    06-16-2016 12:51 PM
    It didn't work at Kaiser Permanente.
    06-16-2016 04:49 PM
    I've got "no track on card" a few times. Whatever that means.
    06-16-2016 06:55 PM
    Yea I got that b4. I don't know what it means as well but as long as it ends up working I'm good lol

06-17-2016 08:15 AM
    So I think I may have solved a huge issue many people are having with Spay at retailers such as Lowes and Walmart. Beacuase many retailers have blocked NFC purchases when using Spay your device tries to pay using both methods. Since NFC is faster, the terminal will get the NFC signal first if available, and since its often activated on the terminal but blocked you'll get an invalid card or some other error preventing you from paying. To get around this, whenever I launch Spay into payment mode, I go in an disable the NFC which is turned on automatically during payment mode. Doing that forces your phone to pay with MST, and stops your phone from triggering the NFC reader in the terminal which can cause it to lock up and fail your payment. Ever since I started toggling the NFC off during payment, I have had a 100% success rate everywhere I have went. I wonder if Samsung will ever adress this, since there are retailers who block NFC and if the NFC chip in the terminal is triggered by Spay, it will invalidate the whole payment making it so that you can't even use MST because the NFC is picked up first.
    06-20-2016 09:30 AM
    Samsung Pay does not work consistently on my S6, and oddly enough, it worked better when I first started using it than it does now. For example, Home Depot and PetCo Unleashed used to accept it, now they reject it. The error I see most frequently is 'Card Read Error', but other times it will ask for a PIN, even though the card that is set up is a credit card, not a debit card. On the other hand, when it does work, it seems to be working faster than it did originally, but that could just be my imagination. I called SPay support once, and they took my info on the error situations, but didn't really help me. I mentioned to the rep that it seemed that my problems started after specific retailers started accepting the chip cards, but he was confident that would not affect SPay at all. I'm not so sure. Bottom line is I estimate that SPay works about 75% of the time for me. What about you guys? What % of the time does it work for you, and what device are you using? Or do you think the device factors into it at all?
    06-21-2016 01:27 PM
    How do you toggle off NFC? I don't see anywhere to do that. Thanks.
    06-21-2016 01:38 PM
    You can just pull down your area where wifi, locati9n,Bluetooth is at and then just scroll until you see nfc or just search it

06-21-2016 03:47 PM
    Samsung Pay does not work consistently on my S6, and oddly enough, it worked better when I first started using it than it does now. For example, Home Depot and PetCo Unleashed used to accept it, now they reject it. The error I see most frequently is 'Card Read Error', but other times it will ask for a PIN, even though the card that is set up is a credit card, not a debit card. On the other hand, when it does work, it seems to be working faster than it did originally, but that could just be my imagination. I called SPay support once, and they took my info on the error situations, but didn't really help me. I mentioned to the rep that it seemed that my problems started after specific retailers started accepting the chip cards, but he was confident that would not affect SPay at all. I'm not so sure. Bottom line is I estimate that SPay works about 75% of the time for me. What about you guys? What % of the time does it work for you, and what device are you using? Or do you think the device factors into it at all?
    Here you go Auntpie a couple of threads down: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...-all-time.html
    06-21-2016 05:02 PM
    Thanks!
    06-22-2016 08:10 AM
    Thanks for the gas station tip, it worked like a charm!!
    06-25-2016 04:39 PM
    I keep trying at Jersey Mikes. It will beep like it goes thru but the cashiers can never tell me what kind of error it is, they just it didn't go through. Not much of a help. Any suggestions?
    06-25-2016 04:41 PM
    I keep trying at Jersey Mikes. It will beep like it goes thru but the cashiers can never tell me what kind of error it is, they just it didn't go through. Not much of a help. Any suggestions?
    I use it at Jersey Mikes 2-3 times a week. Mine has an isc250 with nfc payments.
    06-27-2016 07:45 PM
    Since the June security update I had this happen. The clerk was very helpful and showed me her screen which said "PIN authentication error". After deleting the card and un-installing Samsung Pay and re-installing it has been working again without issue.
    06-28-2016 05:48 PM
    My Walmart has updated the terminals to accept the new Walmart pay app. It uses a qr code to pay. I was concerned with the update, but was relieved when Samsung Pay still worked.
    06-28-2016 07:48 PM
1,203 ... 4445464748 ...