Where Samsung Pay didn't work for you.

Jpeezy33

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
So let's get a list or stores that samsung pay didn't work and if someone has that same name store in their location go out and try it as well. Could be user error, might not been accepted as debit and only accepted as Credit.

Could not use at Sweet Tomatoes

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
There really shouldn't be an issue with using it in any store that takes credit/debit cards. To the terminal, it's essentially the same thing as if you swiped your own card.

Maybe it was a connectivity issue? Or the terminal was encased in such a way that the MST signal couldn't reach the reader (That's why slide-in readers won't work, only swipe ones).

I've been using it all week in all kinds of stores and restaurants and so far no issues at all. Love the faces people make when they try to tell you they don't take NFC payments and the phone won't work and then realize that you DID pay with your phone. :D

Jpeezy33

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
There really shouldn't be an issue with using it in any store that takes credit/debit cards. To the terminal, it's essentially the same thing as if you swiped your own card.

Maybe it was a connectivity issue? Or the terminal was encased in such a way that the MST signal couldn't reach the reader (That's why slide-in readers won't work, only swipe ones).

I've been using it all week in all kinds of stores and restaurants and so far no issues at all. Love the faces people make when they try to tell you they don't take NFC payments and the phone won't work and then realize that you DID pay with your phone. :D

Yes sweet tomatoes went through but could not process it. That was my issue. It's not going to work at 100% if all the stores in the world they even stated that. This thread can be liked at as helpful for others who may be unable to use it at a store but someone else used it therfore we are helping them out, seems basically it is user error most of the time and then there are rare occasions where it just won't work.

Last edited:

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Did you talk to your bank to check on it? Some people had their bank's fraud department put a hold on their card after first setting it up, even though the bank didn't notify them.

Jpeezy33

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Mine isn't working at all. I think I have an NFC related issue with my phone

Which phone do you have, also have you went into settings and then nfc ensure its on and it could possibly be the way you are holding the phone up to the reader. Make sure it's close very close or even touching it. Are u getting any errors or just not reading it period?

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Samsung Pay uses NFC as a backup, actually... if there's a magnetic stripe reader, it should work there.

I know but I noticed my nfc doesn't work. I can't even send a file. I tried samsung and Android play in places where they accept nfc and neither will work

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Which phone do you have, also have you went into settings and then nfc ensure its on and it could possibly be the way you are holding the phone up to the reader. Make sure it's close very close or even touching it. Are u getting any errors or just not reading it period?

Not reading it all. No error messages

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

Again, Samsung Pay doesn't even need NFC on to work (I have mine set to OFF all the time, and it still works, might turn it on temporarily when it goes into Pay mode, though, not sure). It uses NFC as a 'last resort' if MST for some reason doesn't get the feedback.

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Again, Samsung Pay doesn't even need NFC on to work (I have mine set to OFF all the time, and it still works, might turn it on temporarily when it goes into Pay mode, though, not sure). It uses NFC as a 'last resort' if MST for some reason doesn't get the feedback.

I'm well aware of that. Service tech just checked out my phone and he ordered a new one for me. There's an issue with the mst technology which is related to nfc. I can't transmit anything. I know samsung pay doesn't rely on nfc.

Lawrence Lamb

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
I've had several problems. I was at Target, paying at the pharmacy. I used Samsung Pay and it worked, then I had a second transaction at the pharmacy that was declined. I was also declined at the main registers. I took the same card out of my wallet and used it successfully.

I have tried three different times at HEB, at three different registers. Each time the terminal accepts the card data, asks me 'debit or credit', I press credit, then the 'transaction is not approved'. HEB has NFC and chip reader terminals, but those parts aren't activated. I was also able to use the same card to pay when swiped.

I have used Samsung Pay successfully at other places. Randalls/Safeway, Target (on previous trips), Kroger, local restaurants, bars, and convenience stores. A lot of their equipment was really old, but I had no problems. Of course it doesn't work at gas pumps or on the USPS automated postal machines, because they have the card insert slots.

I did have the problem that others have reported with my accounts being flagged for fraud after I added them, but a phone call took care of that.

TomOfTx

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
I have tried three different times at HEB, at three different registers. Each time the terminal accepts the card data, asks me 'debit or credit', I press credit, then the 'transaction is not approved'. HEB has NFC and chip reader terminals, but those parts aren't activated. I was also able to use the same card to pay when swiped.

I had the same problem when using Samsung Pay at an HEB grocery store in Friendswood, TX.

HEB, along with a Dunkin Donuts store which had the card swipe built into the cash register and would not even respond to Samsung Pay, I have had great success everywhere else I have tried. Walmart, Walgreens, numerous restaurants and convenience stores have worked flawlessly. The cashiers at a few places were amazed at how it worked!

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Samsung Pay failed for me at Target (which had the chip reader). I then inserted my physical Amex card in the reader to finish the transaction. I'll have to try again with Samsung Pay at Target to see if it was just a glitch.

r56mcs

Aug 30, 2015
Visit site
I wonder why some people fail at target and some don't. I have used it successfully. I wonder what the variable is. Banks? Mine is US Bank debit.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie