10-25-2017 05:34 PM
1,203 ... 45678 ...
tools
    magical samsung pay
    10-24-2015 10:24 PM
    @chilli's
    10-24-2015 10:25 PM
    Tried at panera self order kiosk. Failed with invalid swipe error on screen. I'm 0 for 2 with Samsung pay.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    At Safeway and Target I'll sometimes get an invalid swipe error, but I just wait and move my phone around a bit and the transaction goes through.
    10-25-2015 06:53 AM
    Yeah. Need to find the sweet spot and next time it is easy.
    10-25-2015 07:53 AM
    Hi everyone. I've used Samsung Pay everywhere with mixed results and have finally reached an ideal user method that allows it to work 99% of the time.
    I realized the relay mechanism inside the phone is in the upper (2/3 up) center within the phone and that most magnetic strip readers have theirs in the lower 2/3 part of their receiver. Both must be in close proximity. If you keep moving it, this does not help.
    Essentially I place my upper (not top) area of my phone on the lower (not bottom) part of the strip reader. This has prove success every time. GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!
    10-25-2015 10:48 AM
    Oh wow. I never knew there was a "sweet spot". You made a brilliant obversation through trial-and-error. Thank you. Will try again later.

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-25-2015 11:20 AM
    Worked at Target, chose credit when its beeped. Then went to 7-Eleven, first try didn't read, second try it asked for a pin and entered my pin for my debit card and it failed and I swiped my card. I figured the pic was for my card, not tied to the virtual Samsung Pay card number.

The problem is that the terminal at 7-Eleven automatically defaulted to a debit card.
    10-25-2015 11:32 AM
    Has anyone been able to get it to work at Chipotle. Please let me know how to get it to work because the Chipotle by my house gives me a be excuse.

10-25-2015 11:49 AM
    For 7 11 the fix is to press the red button and cancel the debit transaction. Then select credit.
    radyoactive likes this.
    10-25-2015 12:07 PM
    magical samsung pay
    I wonder why Samsung Pay worked on the parking meter when it uses a "dip" card reader. I've tried it that way with several dip readers, and I never registers. I've read that some people have inserted their drivers licenses or other cards to trigger the dip reader, but I haven't tried that.
    10-25-2015 12:22 PM
    Hi everyone. I've used Samsung Pay everywhere with mixed results and have finally reached an ideal user method that allows it to work 99% of the time.
    I realized the relay mechanism inside the phone is in the upper (2/3 up) center within the phone and that most magnetic strip readers have theirs in the lower 2/3 part of their receiver. Both must be in close proximity. If you keep moving it, this does not help.
    Essentially I place my upper (not top) area of my phone on the lower (not bottom) part of the strip reader. This has prove success every time. GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!
    The first few times I used Samsung Pay, I made the mistake of keeping my finger on the fingerprint scanner. Now I swipe up, scan my finger, and just hold the phone over the reader. Works perfectly.
    Abhinav Kochhar likes this.
    10-25-2015 12:24 PM
    I think the trick is to keep it stable and close enough.
    10-25-2015 12:56 PM
    The parking meter reader may not be deep inside, so it works I think. The gas station readers might be too deep inside for the magnetic field to penetrate.
    Kalnel likes this.
    10-25-2015 12:58 PM
    Hit cancel and select credit its 711 system
    10-25-2015 01:37 PM
    Mine got declined at Walmart earlier and I quickly tried again and it worked.

I think it's a matter of finding the sweet spot on the phone. I've noticed that when I hold the upper third of the phone toward the middle of the reader it seems to work best.

10-25-2015 02:22 PM
    I just left Walmart and it worked like a charm and it was an older cc reader. It seems like they are changing readers. This one did not have the part where u would slide your chipped card into
    10-25-2015 04:37 PM
    I have the Note5. I thought that Samsung Pay would be great. However it does not work with many banks. I have tried putting 2 different bank accounts into it 1 was a MasterCard & the other a Visa card. Neither would be accepted. o, be aware of this. I'm sure they will add other banks in the future. But as right now, Samsung Pay is useless to me.
    10-26-2015 01:11 PM
    I have the Note5. I thought that Samsung Pay would be great. However it does not work with many banks. I have tried putting 2 different bank accounts into it 1 was a MasterCard & the other a Visa card. Neither would be accepted. o, be aware of this. I'm sure they will add other banks in the future. But as right now, Samsung Pay is useless to me.
    Yes, it doesn't work with many cards. I ended up getting an American Express Green Card and some others have changed banks or cards to use Samsung Pay. I decided on another card as I only have one credit and one credit union ATM card, so I thought it would be fine financially. Plus I'd use this in place of either, I didn't want to change to a bank, so I figured this was one way to do this.

I just got it and tried it once, at the vending machine at work, and it went through quickly and easily.
    10-26-2015 02:24 PM
    Haha, just to let u know that anxiety feeling I had in the beginning but it went away after my 4th or 5th time. So no worries lol. As far as your last transaction went. If that occurs again don't focus on beep see if the screen changes. If the screen changes then you are good, you can easily ask the cashier did it go through when u hear the beep. Some places you have to wait for the cashier to completely finish and hit total. Not promoting my video but I have one on YouTube that I was to fast and had to wait on cashier. YouTube Samsung Pay fast and easy.
    " Samsung Pay performance anxiety" Yes. I had that at the vending machine this morning, my first time trying it out. Someone was waiting for the service elevator but he was on his phone, another one getting ice. But it went through faster then the credit card I've used.

" YouTube Samsung Pay fast and easy." Thanks for the video, I liked it. I'm sure I'll get over the anxiety soon. I've actually never saw anyone use their phone, so it's all so new.
    10-26-2015 02:37 PM
    Mines doesn't work at Wells Fargo nor Chase!!! (Sarcasism)!! So therefore, I can't use it!!!
    10-26-2015 10:16 PM
    Mine got declined at Walmart earlier and I quickly tried again and it worked.

I think it's a matter of finding the sweet spot on the phone. I've noticed that when I hold the upper third of the phone toward the middle of the reader it seems to work best.

I tried mine at Walmart self service check out a few times last night and it said declined each time. I think I tried 2 or 3 times. It was a newer card reader. I just swiped my bank card. I'm thinking of trying again though. I was a bit nervous. And even after watching a few YouTube videos, I wasn't sure how to hold it.

Posted via the *Note 5*
    10-27-2015 04:54 AM
    I tried mine at Walmart self service check out a few times last night and it said declined each time. I think I tried 2 or 3 times. It was a newer card reader. I just swiped my bank card. I'm thinking of trying again though. I was a bit nervous. And even after watching a few YouTube videos, I wasn't sure how to hold it.

Posted via the *Note 5*
    Your other transactions worked properly? What I do sometimes is hold it sideways the back of course towards the swipe just like you would if u had a card in your hand u also can hold it against the swipe part as well. Turned sideways. Even of it was a newer reader u should have been ok. Did u try credit or debit. Bc if it says decline then it worked bc u got that far. So I do not think it's is the way u r holding it or the fact of it being a new reader.
    10-27-2015 07:13 AM
    Your other transactions worked properly? What I do sometimes is hold it sideways the back of course towards the swipe just like you would if u had a card in your hand u also can hold it against the swipe part as well. Turned sideways. Even of it was a newer reader u should have been ok. Did u try credit or debit. Bc if it says decline then it worked bc u got that far. So I do not think it's is the way u r holding it or the fact of it being a new reader.
    I only used it once before at my work vending machine and it worked quickly and easily. At Walmart I did try in the front of the swipe twice I believe and on the side. I did press credit the second time for sure because I remembered that tip.

Posted via the *Note 5*
    10-27-2015 07:36 AM
    I just tried at my first Best Buy. It worked but you need to hand your phone to the cashier and he asked to see id. I don't know if that's just with Amex
    I used mine at Best Buy and it worked fine. The cashier asked for my card and I said "it's not a card, it's a phone." He asked for the last 4 digits of the card and I gave him the last 4 digits of the virtual card number and I was on my way.

I tried to use Samsung Pay at the Sprint Store and it wouldn't work. I ended up having to swipe my physical card.
    10-27-2015 02:07 PM
    I used mine at Best Buy and it worked fine. The cashier asked for my card and I said "it's not a card, it's a phone." He asked for the last 4 digits of the card and I gave him the last 4 digits of the virtual card number and I was on my way.

I tried to use Samsung Pay at the Sprint Store and it wouldn't work. I ended up having to swipe my physical card.
    It's been hit or miss for me lately
    10-27-2015 03:11 PM
1,203 ... 45678 ...