10-25-2017 05:34 PM
1,203 ... 678910 ...
tools
    Where was this Mazda dealership?
    11-03-2015 05:55 PM
    So I have had almost a 100% success rate since my inital problems. I have been able to use Samsung Pay at
    Ralph Lauren ( Polo Store)- 1st customer who has used their phone to make a payment
    Levi Store- 1st customer who has used their phone to make a payment
    Walmart- No problem.

The only place where I couldn't use it was Buffalo Wild Wings: This was because they pay system is connected directly to the POS system. It was done behind the counter at the BAR. I still feel if I was able to try that I would have gotten it to work. The manager was cool as hell. I bet her boyfiend is a member of this site since she said he works for andriod and roots phones as a side gig
    11-03-2015 06:06 PM
    I have an Amex blue card and it has a chip. It's a pain in the you know what. I can't wait for chase to get on board
    11-04-2015 06:54 AM
    I also have the Amex Blue card and have had no problem using it. It's the new one with the chip. Use it everywhere. Maybe you're not hitting the sweet spot?
    11-04-2015 01:54 PM
    I also have the Amex Blue card and have had no problem using it. It's the new one with the chip. Use it everywhere. Maybe you're not hitting the sweet spot?
    It worked better initially. Lately, it starts the payment process then I get an error message.
    11-04-2015 03:51 PM
    It worked better initially. Lately, it starts the payment process then I get an error message.
    I have gotten error messages b4 and what I do is just move it around a little bit and it'll catch. Someone posted "sweet spot" if u find that u r good.
    11-04-2015 11:09 PM
    I've noticed that in some of Samsung's commercials on YouTube, they have people holding their phones alongside the magnetic strip reader, rather than over it. I've been holding mine over the reader, and it seems to work fine.
    I hold it both ways lt just depends on my mood lol. I do find if I hold it sideways it seems to go fast but maybe it's bc I have it at the sweet spot. The thing is that it'll work either way it's just what u feel comfortable with.
    11-04-2015 11:12 PM
    The cashier in the gas station refused to let me use it. She kept saying "we don't accept that here". Hitting the decline button on her register even though she saw the machine accepting the payment. Lol
    That happen to me all I said was "it's legal tender" and that,means they have to accept it.
    20blks likes this.
    11-04-2015 11:14 PM
    I was at Best Buy and I noticed their payment terminals stated they took Apple Pay and Samsung Pay. So, I tried making my purchase using my S6 with Samsung Pay and it crashed their system! Totally locked up their cashier terminal and payment pad. So, the associate had to switch to a different terminal, where I used my card instead of the Samsung Pay app. Not sure if it was a coincidence that the terminal froze or a glitch with Samsung Pay.
    11-05-2015 06:49 AM
    I was at Best Buy and I noticed their payment terminals stated they took Apple Pay and Samsung Pay. So, I tried making my purchase using my S6 with Samsung Pay and it crashed their system! Totally locked up their cashier terminal and payment pad. So, the associate had to switch to a different terminal, where I used my card instead of the Samsung Pay app. Not sure if it was a coincidence that the terminal froze or a glitch with Samsung Pay.
    It more than. Likely was a coincidence. Since you do not need to have a new or updated system in order for Samsung Pay to work.
    11-05-2015 06:57 AM
    Amazing response for Samsung pay. The app has been downloaded more than 5 million times from the play store.
    11-05-2015 10:18 AM
    I've had several problems. I was at Target, paying at the pharmacy. I used Samsung Pay and it worked, then I had a second transaction at the pharmacy that was declined. I was also declined at the main registers. I took the same card out of my wallet and used it successfully.

I have tried three different times at HEB, at three different registers. Each time the terminal accepts the card data, asks me 'debit or credit', I press credit, then the 'transaction is not approved'. HEB has NFC and chip reader terminals, but those parts aren't activated. I was also able to use the same card to pay when swiped.

I have used Samsung Pay successfully at other places. Randalls/Safeway, Target (on previous trips), Kroger, local restaurants, bars, and convenience stores. A lot of their equipment was really old, but I had no problems. Of course it doesn't work at gas pumps or on the USPS automated postal machines, because they have the card insert slots.

I did have the problem that others have reported with my accounts being flagged for fraud after I added them, but a phone call took care of that.
    Try using debit, when I choose credit it declines for some reason, but if I use debit, it works fine.
    11-05-2015 02:11 PM
    I wasn't able to use it today at Pet Supermarket. About the only place I have been unable to use it.
    11-06-2015 01:28 PM
    I wasn't able to use it today at Pet Supermarket. About the only place I have been unable to use it.
    What did it say or happen?
    11-06-2015 02:04 PM
    So guys after all the good experiences I have with Samsung Pay I get a freaking not authorized error. I then had to pull out my real card the same one and it worked. Has anyone had this problem? Don't think it would be the bank since I was able to swipe it so I dunno.
    11-06-2015 04:06 PM
    So guys after all the good experiences I have with Samsung Pay I get a freaking not authorized error. I then had to pull out my real card the same one and it worked. Has anyone had this problem? Don't think it would be the bank since I was able to swipe it so I dunno.
    Yep. After my good couple of days it has been a bust again.

I called BOA and they told me when my charge declined it looked like in the system that I tried to do a funds transfer. I told her that it was just a regular credit card payment attempt. I verified that I didn't have any blocks or anything that would prevent me from using the service. I have tried 3 in total since yesterday.

I don't know if the cashier is processing the transaction wrong or if it's the app. I just updated the app last night and I still got declined.
    11-06-2015 04:43 PM
    The funny thing is that I did it earlier today twice and then this last attempt at the grocery store it didn't work so I don't know why I don't know if it's the app but what the cashier have to hit they just hit credit card you know but all I know is this is the first time that it happened usually I do self check out so you might be right at the cashier it makes a difference
    11-06-2015 04:56 PM
    I have been having great success with it but lately I've been getting declined. I tried 4 times at a shop rite and had to swipe my card. Same thing at a 711 (again) after picking the credit option. I updated the app but it's still working at some places and not others. It's like some part of the system(human or otherwise) just doesn't quite know how to process what's going on.

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-06-2015 05:10 PM
    Ok here is the deal. I just had a decline at the mircosoft store. So I immediately called BOA back and i was advised it declined for the reason as I mentioned in my last post. The rep said it looked like the card was trying to attach to a different type of acct.

To make a long story short the BOA rep said that he thinks it was a glitch in the system so he unlinked my debit card from my checking account and reconnected back again in a attempt to resolve the issue. He thinks i should be all set

Ill give it a try and let you guys know what happened
    11-06-2015 07:24 PM
    Ok. I think I finally got to the bottom of the issue.
    So after I tried another transaction I got denied again at a 7-11 that has worked for me in the past. I said enough is enough. Here is what I did.

Since I have not have had my note 5 for that long I decided to do a factory reset to the phone (which I didn't have to do. More on that in a sec)
    So after I got my phone back up I attempted to reregister for Samsung pay with my BOA card. So when I got to the part when it wants to verify if you want to use email or call to bank, I choose to call to bank option since I choose the email process the 1st time a Here is where it gets interesting.

The rep at BOA mobile pay team told me that he could not register my card because I already had a mobile pay option selected. He asked me if I had the card registered with android pay. I told him yes. He told me
    " YOU CAN ONLY HAVE ONE MOBILE PAY OPTION REGISTERED WITH BOA. SO IN OTHER WORDS YOU CANNOT HAVE SAMSUNG PAY AND ANDROID PAY REGISTERED WITH YOUR BOA CARD AT THE SAME TIME"

I was like Wow. I didn't know that. So he had me remove the BOA card from Android Pay. After I did that it still didn't let him re-register my BOA card with Samsung pay. So then he had me log into my BOA account online in desktop view on my phone.After I logged in he had me go to profile and settings on the top right of the screen, click on the box that says mobile banking, click on edit settings the box that says "Digital Wallets and Virtual Cards".

Here I was able to see both my Android Pay and Samsung Pay info. So from here I had to delete my Android pay settings which just left my Samsung Pay info. Now under the Samsung info it showed my virtual card status was inactive and the BOA rep said that he still couldn't activate the Samsung pay. I'm like damm. So I mentioned to him that I could still verify through the email. He was like yeah let's try that . So I did and then at that point he could go in and do what ever magic he had to do on his end.

So now I have Samsung Pay active only, and I tried a few transactions and I have been good to go all transactions even at a place that never worked for me before night.

So the main points I took away from this was that again with BOA you can not have any combination of mobile pay apps connecter to your debit card. It has to be 1 or none. Of course the the obvious choice should be Samsung pay since it can use both NFC and MST. The second was that for BOA these mobile pay settings can be configured on the BOA website.

I hope this helps with anyone who was able to use Samsung Pay with BOA but for whatever reason you can not now. I'm not sure if the other banks have the same policies and procedures but if you have questions or issues you should contact your bank
    Nathan Innocent likes this.
    11-06-2015 11:50 PM
    What did it say or happen?
    It simply didn't work. I don't remember it doing anything.
    11-07-2015 09:02 AM
    Thanks for all of this information mastenpark. I'll try this today.

Everything has been working great until a few days ago. My cat helped me shatter my S6e screen and I had the phone replaced under Samsung Protection. Since moving everything I noticed my BoA virtual card number was different and I was getting some failures. Not always but probably 1 out of 3 attempts were declined but trying again immediately would result in success on the same terminal.

I'll follow your steps today and see if it works.

Thanks again. =)

11-07-2015 09:25 AM
    Thanks for all of this information mastenpark. I'll try this today.

Everything has been working great until a few days ago. My cat helped me shatter my S6e screen and I had the phone replaced under Samsung Protection. Since moving everything I noticed my BoA virtual card number was different and I was getting some failures. Not always but probably 1 out of 3 attempts were declined but trying again immediately would result in success on the same terminal.

I'll follow your steps today and see if it works.

Thanks again. =)

Yeah I really hopes that helps. I made some more transactions today and everything has been a GO
    11-07-2015 12:32 PM
    I wanted use SP at portland airport to get lunch and my credit cards didn't even want to start up. They normally work for me but as soon as I typed in my pin a pop up message said "try again later"
    However my debit card worked. Normally. I have 5 bars of 4g late so network is OK. I used the credit card last night at a Walmart so it is not suspended.
    11-07-2015 01:27 PM
    Every place I've gone to in the last few days it's been declined.
    I've tried removing my card from android pay and it's still declined.
    Not sure what the problem is.

11-07-2015 01:41 PM
1,203 ... 678910 ...