Where Samsung Pay didn't work for you.

slayer#WN

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Tried at panera self order kiosk. Failed with invalid swipe error on screen. I'm 0 for 2 with Samsung pay.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Ryan Tomkins1

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site
I tried a couple of different places today. One was a square merchant and it just wouldn't take it wasn't the square reader but a bigger one hooked up to an ipad. I had to use my card. Also today at Walmart it was declined. It was weird because it beeped that it took it, it would come up for a signature, but then it would cancel out right away and say that it was declined for invalid payment or something like that. I had to swipe my card to get it to go.

kalnel#WN

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
Samsung pay should work at that restaurant just like android pay also u said dip machine is that the insert one? If so that Def won't work

No. Android Pay and Apple Pay are integrated into the Open Table system. Samsung Pay isn't. (Yet?)

Last edited:

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Tried at panera self order kiosk. Failed with invalid swipe error on screen. I'm 0 for 2 with Samsung pay.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

At Safeway and Target I'll sometimes get an invalid swipe error, but I just wait and move my phone around a bit and the transaction goes through.

ajterrell

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
Hi everyone. I've used Samsung Pay everywhere with mixed results and have finally reached an ideal user method that allows it to work 99% of the time.
I realized the relay mechanism inside the phone is in the upper (2/3 up) center within the phone and that most magnetic strip readers have theirs in the lower 2/3 part of their receiver. Both must be in close proximity. If you keep moving it, this does not help.
Essentially I place my upper (not top) area of my phone on the lower (not bottom) part of the strip reader. This has prove success every time. GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!

Nathan Innocent

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
Oh wow. I never knew there was a "sweet spot". You made a brilliant obversation through trial-and-error. Thank you. Will try again later.

Posted via the Android Central App

radyoactive

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Worked at Target, chose credit when its beeped. Then went to 7-Eleven, first try didn't read, second try it asked for a pin and entered my pin for my debit card and it failed and I swiped my card. I figured the pic was for my card, not tied to the virtual Samsung Pay card number.

The problem is that the terminal at 7-Eleven automatically defaulted to a debit card.

Nathan Innocent

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
Has anyone been able to get it to work at Chipotle. Please let me know how to get it to work because the Chipotle by my house gives me a be excuse.

kalnel#WN

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
Hi everyone. I've used Samsung Pay everywhere with mixed results and have finally reached an ideal user method that allows it to work 99% of the time.
I realized the relay mechanism inside the phone is in the upper (2/3 up) center within the phone and that most magnetic strip readers have theirs in the lower 2/3 part of their receiver. Both must be in close proximity. If you keep moving it, this does not help.
Essentially I place my upper (not top) area of my phone on the lower (not bottom) part of the strip reader. This has prove success every time. GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!

The first few times I used Samsung Pay, I made the mistake of keeping my finger on the fingerprint scanner. Now I swipe up, scan my finger, and just hold the phone over the reader. Works perfectly.

jonesyvoor

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Mine got declined at Walmart earlier and I quickly tried again and it worked.

I think it's a matter of finding the sweet spot on the phone. I've noticed that when I hold the upper third of the phone toward the middle of the reader it seems to work best.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12