Where Samsung Pay didn't work for you.

Jpeezy33

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Someone posted that if you insert your id and use samsung pay then it works. I guess when u insert the card it triggers the reading aspect and the put samsung pay up to it then it should work. So I guess insert id have samsung pay already going and once u pull it out hold up the phone to it tl bc during this time the reader is trying to process it.

Posted via the Android Central App

samrov44

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Just used my chase freedom card at kmart with no problems. I also like how chase gives a notification that something was bought... with boa debit card I don't get that. I hope they fix that.

I'll try the gas thing tomorrow morning on my way to work and see what happens.

Jpeezy33

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Just used it at olive garden table top and have to say this was the fastest transaction that I have ever experienced. Tried to video it with wife phone and use it at same time will check it and post it.

damink23

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I was at a sports Store in the mall today. They had an IBM register with the card swipe built in. No go. The woman was nice and let me try a few times to no avail.

Matt Behnken

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
I was at a sports Store in the mall today. They had an IBM register with the card swipe built in. No go. The woman was nice and let me try a few times to no avail.

Interesting, so long as the mst signal reaches the reader there should be no problem with number recognition. So the ibm reader never reported a swipe? Or it was declined?

damink23

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Interesting, so long as the mst signal reaches the reader there should be no problem with number recognition. So the ibm reader never reported a swipe? Or it was declined?

It was reporting wrong numbers and stating there was an error reading the card. I tried a few times. This did look like an older machine.

Jpeezy33

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Also posted samsung pay at olive garden on Youtube. Not that great of a video hard to record with a phone and use another phone lol

Matt Behnken

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
So I wonder why some cards will read and some won't? I wonder why that it is.

When it 1st launched samsung said some retailers will have to install a firmware update for samsung pay to work. I think the update wasnt for samsung pay in general though.

jcthorne#AC

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Was so glad to hear they added Chase. I added my card and stopped by the grocery store (HEB) on the way home for a few things. Too bad it works no better than Google Pay did. IE it does not. Tried 3 times while others in line scowled at me. Ended up digging my wallet out and doing it the old fashioned way.

So much for the new tech actually making phone payment something useful.

If the system does not work at least 99.9% (same as normal credit cards) its a failure as it cannot be relied upon.

Oh well, maybe in a few more years some other tech will actually make this sort of thing work.

Jpeezy33

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Was so glad to hear they added Chase. I added my card and stopped by the grocery store (HEB) on the way home for a few things. Too bad it works no better than Google Pay did. IE it does not. Tried 3 times while others in line scowled at me. Ended up digging my wallet out and doing it the old fashioned way.

So much for the new tech actually making phone payment something useful.

If the system does not work at least 99.9% (same as normal credit cards) its a failure as it cannot be relied upon.

Oh well, maybe in a few more years some other tech will actually make this sort of thing work.

Did u try it as debit if that fails try it as credit.

Jpeezy33

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
https://youtu.be/B7y-GT0P-OM

Link to video I put up for samsung pay I also have another one on there as well.

There are others that people posted that r really good and some shows the fails as well as success. Some even show in depth tips and tricks when it may or may not work.

Matt Behnken

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
The way I avoid scowls from others in line behind me is pay with samsung pay before the cashier is ready for payment. Usually the pay terminal will accept payment before the cashier is ready.

Nathan Innocent

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
The way I avoid scowls from others in line behind me is pay with samsung pay before the cashier is ready for payment. Usually the pay terminal will accept payment before the cashier is ready.

Well I now work as an associate for retail with food and our machines before we swipe a card, it must be put as it's card (Visa, Mastercard) or Credit/Debit. I used it today at Chilis and it didn't go through at first. I told the cashier "Could you press credit/debit for me please". She did and it went through.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2