Where Samsung Pay didn't work for you.

MrC05

May 24, 2014
Visit site
I went to Sears here in my city and it didn't work. I didn't think to use Android Pay. It also failed me at Toy's R US. I held my phone up to the strip and it wouldn't go through still. I think it depends on the equipment and software the store is using also.

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I installed Samsung Pay the same day that support for Chase Bank was announced. I set it up and succeeded in using it exactly one time. The biggest drawback to me was the forced use of the fingerprint lock. It took three, four, five times to open the phone. It wasn't just to use Spray, but every time I opened the phone. All of that is and was a great deal more fiddling around than just pulling my card out of my wallet. Given the fact that I still have to carry a billfold for things like a driver's license and other identification, membership cards and the like, the wallet isn't going anywhere soon. Paying with my phone is just a novelty (no, was a novelty), so it's gone now.

Most people have no issues using the finger print scanner so mobile payments are convenient for them. It wasn't created to be a hassle, it's supposed to make payments simpler. Sorry it didn't work for you

KMBass

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Samsung Pay has worked everywhere I tried it except at an IHOP. They have an unusual card reader built into their cash register and the card slot is very deep and we couldn't find any way to make it work. The cashier was very interested in getting it to work so we tried it several times moving the phone every way possible, but it just would not work. It has worked at many places where the card reader is built into the cash register, but this one was too deep. Otherwise, it has worked everywhere: Target, Walmart, Publix, Walgreens, Rite-Aid, K-Mart, Wendys, Taco Bell, Hardees, Auto Zone, Creative Graphics (a printing company in Lebanon, TN), US Post Office, etc. At first it did take me a few tries to figure out the best way to make the magnetic "sweet spot" do it's magic, but now it is no problem at almost all locations.

Now I just need an electronic drivers license and I won't have to carry my wallet at all.

Abhinav Kochhar

Mar 5, 2015
Visit site
There is a known issue with lowe's. The first try sends a magnetic sequence that lowe's cannot take. The second try will work. So for the time being the lowe's workaround is to try again.

Koinod21

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
It looks like that Samsung Pay transmit different track sequences in 1st and 2nd (blue retry button). At Lowe's I also had success with retry.

Jpeezy33

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Hey try this just FYI when u go to ihop put the phone far left of the register reader if u r looking at it. The reader at my ihop is on far left and when i did it there it worked if I put it anywhere else it said invalid.

Posted via the Android Central App

Jpeezy33

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Okay, so NFC is working on my debit card and my credit card, but using MST only works on the credit card. It'll read my debit card, but it always declines it- I've tried running it as debit and credit with the same result. My bank has no suggestions, and neither does Samsung Pay. It is a joint account, so. I'm going to have the other owner try using SPay with their debit card and will report the results - I'm stumped so far. If anyone else has had a similar situation please let me know!

Where r u using it as debit and what bank

MikeYuse0406

Nov 23, 2013
plus.google.com
I've used it 3 times and Navy Federal Credit Union declined the 4th transaction. Soon after I received a text with a fraud alert. I called them and they fixed it. I've used it 3 times again with success at Pollo Tropical, Walmart, McDonald's.

Where it was declined it was at Schechers where they have the side to side swipe terminal.

However, when I was using Android Pay, Navy Federal Credit Union would place a fraud alert on my credit card every 2 to 3 transactions. I had to call everyday to get it fixed.

So far I'm loving Samsung Pay. I hope Navy Federal stops with the "fraud alert" crap.

MikeYuse0406

Nov 23, 2013
plus.google.com
I just made 2 transactions at Deals and they went just fine. Even got a nice compliment lol. However, afterwards I headed to Family Dollar and it didn't work.

The 2 cashiers there were looking at me as if I was stupid and crazy. The terminal kept say something about card read error, and their computer said invalid card number. I tried 3 times, holding the phone differently each, and kept getting the same error. I used my physical credit card which is the same one on Samsung Pay.

I wonder what the problem could've be.

killakel77

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
It has worked for me everywhere I go. The only ones it doesn't work on is atms and gas pump but that was already disclosed before it was released. I leave my wallet at home and only carry my I.D. now.

aepps2006

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site
I have been using SP for weeks now and it has worked great. However, when I tried it at ****'s Sporting Goods yesterday it didn't work. I have previously only used my US Bank Visa for SP purchases. Yesterday I tried my BOA MasterCard and it didn't work. The card reader seemed to process the payment but the cash register kept saying it was declined on their end. I tried it twice then I gave up.

ZOMMBIE1

Trusted Member
May 24, 2015
Visit site
So SP has worked twice at Walmart for me. Went to kohls and they accept mobile payment and it was declined twice. Switched to android pay with the same Bank card and it worked. Don't understand why this happened?

Posted with my NOTE 5 on damn verizon!

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I have been using SP for weeks now and it has worked great. However, when I tried it at ****'s Sporting Goods yesterday it didn't work. I have previously only used my US Bank Visa for SP purchases. Yesterday I tried my BOA MasterCard and it didn't work. The card reader seemed to process the payment but the cash register kept saying it was declined on their end. I tried it twice then I gave up.

I had them same issue yesterday morning at Dicks. I think it's their machines. The cashier told me you have to have a physical card. I used spay at another dicks last week and it worked

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital