Where Samsung Pay didn't work for you.

Nathan Innocent

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
Has had success at Dicks? The cashier told me they require a physical card

I'm an associate at a retail store. You tell them "I have it, hit credit debit for me please". They can not tell you that because you are using your actual card. If they refuse to, you speak with a manager and tell him or her what you are doing. Merchant can't refuse Samsung Pay. That's probably another ignorant person who doesn't know Apple pay and is so full of themselves.

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I'm an associate at a retail store. You tell them "I have it, hit credit debit for me please". They can not tell you that because you are using your actual card. If they refuse to, you speak with a manager and tell him or her what you are doing. Merchant can't refuse Samsung Pay. That's probably another ignorant person who doesn't know Apple pay and is so full of themselves.

She didn't do anything to halt the process. She was just informing me about the issue with the register there. It's worked for my at another Dicks location.

Jpeezy33

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
So SP has worked twice at Walmart for me. Went to kohls and they accept mobile payment and it was declined twice. Switched to android pay with the same Bank card and it worked. Don't understand why this happened?

Posted with my NOTE 5 on damn verizon!

Used it at kohl's last weekend as debit and it worked without a hitch.the cashier didn't even know I used mobile payment. I didn't notice if they had android pay available there or not.

Posted via the Android Central App

Jpeezy33

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
I just made 2 transactions at Deals and they went just fine. Even got a nice compliment lol. However, afterwards I headed to Family Dollar and it didn't work.

The 2 cashiers there were looking at me as if I was stupid and crazy. The terminal kept say something about card read error, and their computer said invalid card number. I tried 3 times, holding the phone differently each, and kept getting the same error. I used my physical credit card which is the same one on Samsung Pay.

I wonder what the problem could've be.

I notice we all are having success and failures at the same stores. I used mine at a family Dollar in AZ worked smooth. So I wonder is it their system isn't update per store or region.

ZOMMBIE1

Trusted Member
May 24, 2015
Visit site
Which Bank did you use. Mine was Navy federal. I think there having issues on there end.

Jpeezy33

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Used BOA did u use it as credit? Sometimes if debit won't work credit will because it's a processing thing with the bank not like debit where transaction is straight out of bank right then and there. One would imagine debit would work .more than credit would.

romeobob2

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Wow, Apex made it to the big leagues...nice!

The card reader was on my side and it didn't have any response whatsoever when I tried to pay via MST. No "card read error" or "invalid card" or anything. Just nada.

I don't think the cashier needed to do anything special before payment. After SPay didn't work, I just swiped my BofA card manually and that worked without any cashier intervention.

I'm hopeful that using NFC will solve the problem. Thanks for responding.

romeobob2

May 28, 2010
Visit site
First of all shout out to apex nc. But I think all nfc is for everyone nfc product I believe but I could be wrong, I seen at bestbuy their nfc pad has apple pay,android pay and samsung pay on it. Is it getting any type of reading at all when u try is as mst? Also is the reader on your side? Do they have to input the price before hand or select what type of payment. I have not had an experience where the MST did not register, it may have not worked in the end but it read it.

Wow, Apex made it to the big leagues...nice!

The card reader was on my side and it didn't have any response whatsoever when I tried to pay via MST. No "card read error" or "invalid card" or anything. Just nada.

I don't think the cashier needed to do anything special before payment. After SPay didn't work, I just swiped my BofA card manually and that worked without any cashier intervention.

I'm hopeful that using NFC will solve the problem. Thanks for responding.

anon(5356006)

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
It didn't work at the swipe readers that are attached to the register, like at almost every mom and pop restaurant. The post office asked to see my card and needed to enter the last 4 of my card number, and using the virtual number failed.

MikeYuse0406

Nov 23, 2013
plus.google.com
Which Bank did you use. Mine was Navy federal. I think there having issues on there end.

I also have NFCU and they kept placing my credit card on a fraud alert declining all my Samsung Pay transactions. They did it everyday requiring me to call them everyday.

ZOMMBIE1

Trusted Member
May 24, 2015
Visit site
I spoke with NFCU and they said a lot of people are calling with SP issues. So far the only place I can get it to work is Walmart. Declined everywhere else. Even terminals that accept mobile payment.

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Otherwise, it has worked everywhere: Target, Walmart, Publix, Walgreens, Rite-Aid, K-Mart, Wendys, Taco Bell, Hardees, Auto Zone, Creative Graphics (a printing company in Lebanon, TN), US Post Office, etc. At first it did take me a few tries to figure out the best way to make the magnetic "sweet spot" do it's magic, but now it is no problem at almost all locations.

ARE you using a Target Red Card by chance? IF so, HOW did you enter your credentials? I have to do mine manually, but when I do, the spaces for the numbers are limited and I'm not able to get past the Next screen.

MikeYuse0406

Nov 23, 2013
plus.google.com
I spoke with NFCU and they said a lot of people are calling with SP issues. So far the only place I can get it to work is Walmart. Declined everywhere else. Even terminals that accept mobile payment.

NFCU is just trying to blame SP for their own issues. SP works just fine with Navy Federal; I use it everywhere without issues. When an SP transaction declines it is NFCU fraud department declining the transaction. They were doing it to me every single day.

I spoke to a supervisor and told them to either fix their "fraud detection" issues or I would take my business somewhere else. Their response was that they are placing my account in a "low fraud" tier and therefore their fraud department will not decline any further transactions.

Samsung Pay is working beautifully everywhere after that conversation.

ZOMMBIE1

Trusted Member
May 24, 2015
Visit site
I need to have that kind of talk with NFCU then. I spoke with two customer service reps today and they couldn't tell me anything just blamed Samsung pay. Called samsung pay and they blamed NFCU. Go figure...

MikeYuse0406

Nov 23, 2013
plus.google.com
I need to have that kind of talk with NFCU then. I spoke with two customer service reps today and they couldn't tell me anything just blamed Samsung pay. Called samsung pay and they blamed NFCU. Go figure...

Yeah buddy. Definitely ask to speak to a supervisor and tell them that Samsung Pay only fails with Navy Federal and that the rest of your cards (even if you don't have any other) work just fine. Ask to speak to a supervisor.

Tell them to take you off the "high fraud tier" .

Jpeezy33

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
It didn't work at the swipe readers that are attached to the register, like at almost every mom and pop restaurant. The post office asked to see my card and needed to enter the last 4 of my card number, and using the virtual number failed.

Wow that is weird I have encountered used my digital card number I nly twice and it worked like a charm just to make sure u used the correct card with number little mistakes may happen. I seem a video wh r really a guy used it at a post office I believe. It's on YouTube and he didn't get asked for number granted he used it as debit.

wolverine2003

May 29, 2010
Visit site

SP has worked everywhere for my NFCU card except Walmart. They force me to use the chip on the card instead of swiping. I have gotten the card declined when I used Android Pay. After speaking with customer service, they blamed it on Visa, did something with my account and haven't had issues since then. Fingers are still crossed...

MikeYuse0406

Nov 23, 2013
plus.google.com
SP has worked everywhere for my NFCU card except Walmart. They force me to use the chip on the card instead of swiping. I have gotten the card declined when I used Android Pay. After speaking with customer service, they blamed it on Visa, did something with my account and haven't had issues since then. Fingers are still crossed...
I go to Walmart often and Samsung Pay hasn't failed me with my CashRewards card from Navy Federal. I always wait until the cashier hits total to tap the terminal. Works fine everytime.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad