Where Samsung Pay didn't work for you.

Jpeezy33

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
See now that is wrong u should have asked for manager on duty
Next time tell them your paying with credit or whatever and once they do their part u hitem with the phone lol..yea it sucks but untill people are using it more and people are more aware this is the struggle we face

Posted via the Android Central App

Jpeezy33

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
I've been using Samsung Pay alot and for me it works everywhere, except my local Subway. I get the card error message there.

That subway instance it's just the position of the phone. I have had that happen numerous times and I have figured out that it's where my phone is
I have actually turn my phone backwards and let the back side face the swipe on its side if that makes sense

MikeYuse0406

Nov 23, 2013
plus.google.com
See now that is wrong u should have asked for manager on duty
Next time tell them your paying with credit or whatever and once they do their part u hitem with the phone lol..yea it sucks but untill people are using it more and people are more aware this is the struggle we face

I thought about it, but my son was so ready to play that I just handed him my physical card and got it over with. Next time I will make them think I'm going to pay with the card and hit them with Samsung Pay. 😁

Nathan Innocent

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
I was having problems today at Jersey Mike's sandwich shop until the clerk pushed a button, which I assumed was credit, after that I had to deal with the tip screen, and then the transaction went through in its entirety. Oddly, I still haven't gotten a confirming message from Samsung Pay as I always do with other transactions.

At Jersey Mike's they have the swipe machine for the customer. Choose to tip or not and then you choose to pay with card.

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Tried using it at Champs Sports. It would beep and the transaction would be processed, but when entering tee four digit pin is where the debit card from Chase would decline. I tried three times, and finally gave up and used my physical card.

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Tried using it at Champs Sports. It would beep and the transaction would be processed, but when entering tee four digit pin is where the debit card from Chase would decline. I tried three times, and finally gave up and used my physical card.

Try it as credit next time

Jpeezy33

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Oh my goodness guys, today at 711 I got declined 4 times with Samsung pay. I do not know why I was getting card read error also and then when it read it said declined. I know it has to be used a credit and I did that to. I'm Kool with the cashiers there so they let me keep trying it over and over. I finally pulled out my card the same one it it worked so if anyone else can hit a 711 today it would be awesome to see if your card works. I used the debit card as credit.

srz1977

Sep 24, 2015
Visit site
The only place I've had issues was at H&M. It always says card read error, then I end up having to use the physical card. The cashier was patient with me and allowed me to try three times, but it failed. Not sure what's going on, but I can't complain, when it works it really works.

In positive news, SP has worked at Walmart, Target, Kroger, vending machines, my barbershop (in which he flipped out), Subway, and Chick-fil-A.

At H&M you have to put you phone up high along the reader. I got an error once there as well, but it went through the second time. Cashier was amazed as usual.

atuarre

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
Tried to use Samsung Pay @ Walmart this morning 2:24AM and was declined twice with error: PAYMENT DECLINED - REASON 56. Pulled out the Chase card I was using through Samsung Pay, swiped, and payment went through. Are they having a problem or something? I reset Samsung Pay, and re-added my Chase card and will try again the next time I go to Walmart.

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Tried to use Samsung Pay @ Walmart this morning 2:24AM and was declined twice with error: PAYMENT DECLINED - REASON 56. Pulled out the Chase card I was using through Samsung Pay, swiped, and payment went through. Are they having a problem or something? I reset Samsung Pay, and re-added my Chase card and will try again the next time I go to Walmart.

Try using it as credit

Cowamj04

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
The one thing I have learned is it works best if you put the back of the phone against the reader. I know Samsung shows the phone on the side, but it seems to work better when the back is there. Also, if it doesn't accept it right away, try moving around the phone.

Nathan Innocent

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
Tried using it at Fedex for the first time and the cashier insisted it didn't work. I tried once and froze her system. It did beep but I guess she did something on her end. Should I have asked to run it as credit instead because maybe that's why.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz