Where Samsung Pay didn't work for you.

jexx

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
Do you have Samsung Pay chosen as your preferred method by any chance? That might explain it.

Settings,Go to NFC and Payment, tap on the on/off, make sure you have "on" selected, then go down to Tap and Pay, select either Samsung Pay or Android Pay, If you want SP, make it the default mobile payment. I have both on my device but have SP as the default, like it way better...hope that helps. Lastly, turn off NFC, before you exit.

SM-G928V

Last edited:

Mr_Bugman

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
My solution to read errors has been fairly simple... I just keep holding it there. I think SPay cycles through different codes or methods the longer it's enabled.

Anytime it has said error I just don't move the phone and it will work a few seconds later. Lowe's for example seems to take 3 beeps/errors then works.

Posted via the Android Central App

Jpeezy33

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas. Thank u for posting and making this thread i think the 2nd highest for samsung pay. I am happy u guys joined my thread

Jpeezy33

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Some places are faster than other. At those check out machine on the table at chili's and red Robin, you barely have to touch your phone on them. Takes about a second

Mannnnnnnnnn 20 I did the table one at olive garden I do have video on YouTube of it and I agree the tabletops are fast I wonder why. Maybe bc they have soon much applications on them by that I mean u can order food,drinks games etc so it has to be up to date and so fast working

James8561

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Do you have Samsung Pay chosen as your preferred method by any chance? That might explain it.
Nope I have Android Pay as default because if I want Spay I just swipe up.
Every time it fails I opened the Apay app. I'm going to try paying without opening the app

Jpeezy33

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Nope I have Android Pay as default because if I want Spay I just swipe up.
Every time it fails I opened the Apay app. I'm going to try paying without opening the app

So question the card u have for android pay is not available for samsung pay? Try having samsung pay as default and see if that works. I know someone had a issue like that b4 in this thread but can't remember what they did

James8561

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
So question the card u have for android pay is not available for samsung pay? Try having samsung pay as default and see if that works. I know someone had a issue like that b4 in this thread but can't remember what they did

But if I have Samsung Pay as default then Android pay will never work because it won't have access to NFC right?

Jpeezy33

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Used it today at Sams and place called Charley's and Tmobile. Funny scenario with Charley's I tried to use my card but the cashier couldn't get it to swipe so I said I'll use my phone she looked at me weird called her boss said something and said sure he can try.. bam it worked

Nathan Innocent

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
Used Samsung Pay at Tijuana Flats yesterday. I put the phone by the reader and the person asked me what type of card it was and told her. She told me to move the phone for a second, tapped some buttons and told me to try it again and it worked. She was the best cashier that understood what I was saying. I guess I'm not the only one in my area that uses SPay because I used it at Finish Line and the manager says "We don't take mobile payments" but then saw it got approved and shrugged his shoulders. His associate told him "Oh yeah that's a Samsung thing because a guy did it earlier and it looks really cool".

neiander

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
I use SP nearly exclusively. Today I had my first place not work. Shnucks in Evansville IN. What was weird was that the terminals said they accepted apple pay so they were NFC enabled. My SP turned on NFC but registered on the terminal. Oh well. I am not concerned.

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Cashier at Nordstrom today told me they didn't accept mobile payments.... Until she heard the beep from the machine. Lol. I used it again at Target. First attempt said card error. I tapped the phone again and it went through immediately.

Scott Currence

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
I found my issues all stem from not leaving it in place long enough. Was getting card read errors because I was taking it away as soon as the machine acknowledged the phone. I now leave it there until the machine asks for my pin number and don't get in a hurry.
On a side note I stopped today at my local 7-11 and when I put my phone on the machine the cashier was looking at the other and said "is this what you were talking about?" she replied "yes he's the guy I was talking about". They were very receptive to the tech and I explained that if anyone else comes in to make sure they run it as a credit.

Jpeezy33

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Used Samsung Pay at Tijuana Flats yesterday. I put the phone by the reader and the person asked me what type of card it was and told her. She told me to move the phone for a second, tapped some buttons and told me to try it again and it worked. She was the best cashier that understood what I was saying. I guess I'm not the only one in my area that uses SPay because I used it at Finish Line and the manager says "We don't take mobile payments" but then saw it got approved and shrugged his shoulders. His associate told him "Oh yeah that's a Samsung thing because a guy did it earlier and it looks really cool".

Nathan really like this post especially with the knowledge of the finish line cashier.

Jpeezy33

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
I found my issues all stem from not leaving it in place long enough. Was getting card read errors because I was taking it away as soon as the machine acknowledged the phone. I now leave it there until the machine asks for my pin number and don't get in a hurry.
On a side note I stopped today at my local 7-11 and when I put my phone on the machine the cashier was looking at the other and said "is this what you were talking about?" she replied "yes he's the guy I was talking about". They were very receptive to the tech and I explained that if anyone else comes in to make sure they run it as a credit.

What state u in

Jpeezy33

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Used it bw3, lee's liquor and Walmart and 711. Still trying the gas pump but can't get it to work

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2