Where Samsung Pay didn't work for you.

neiander

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
I had the oddest fail today at Boston Market. I asked the cashier if I could try paying with my phone on the swipe terminal on the side of his register. He ultimately said yes. He said "It worked." Then the receipt printed out with a big "DECLINED" printed on it. The receipt also had all the correct info on it (last four card numbers, card type...), but it was declined.
THen used the equivalent plastic card and it worked.

Jpeezy33

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Yea that happen to me alot b4 at Wal-Mart. I do not know why that happens but the next time it worked fine. When that happen I called my bank and they said they saw it as well as being declined but couldn't figure it out as well.

Posted via the Android Central App

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I had the oddest fail today at Boston Market. I asked the cashier if I could try paying with my phone on the swipe terminal on the side of his register. He ultimately said yes. He said "It worked." Then the receipt printed out with a big "DECLINED" printed on it. The receipt also had all the correct info on it (last four card numbers, card type...), but it was declined.
THen used the equivalent plastic card and it worked.

Next time, do it again. It usually works the 2nd time

kalnel#WN

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
The cashiers at Safeway are now asking for the last 4 digits of my credit card for checkout. Apparently, their transaction terminals are set up to read the card chip but their software isn't quite ready. So they let you swipe and they type in your last 4 digits to finish the transaction. I was told they have to implement the chip reader terminals if they want to avoid liability for fraudulent charges with your card number.

Safeway in Maryland started doing the same thing right before Christmas. Everything is working fine otherwise.

kalnel#WN

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
Sounds suspicious. I would go to findmymobile.Samsung.com and double check Samsung pay still has all the cards. I know they spontaneously deleted my card once

Where in the Find My Mobile page can you check to see what cards are registered? I couldn't find anything like that on my page.

bradbamford

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
Been using Samsung Pay at Chick-fil-a and Lowes since launch, however I had it fail at both this morning.
This is the first time since the new year I've been to either. Then at lowes when I had to swipe a Credit Card, I was told I had to insert the card (with chip).

Jpeezy33

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Was in self checkout and 2 peole beside me we finished at same time they went into get wallet and card and had phone in hand bam I was already done. One of then looked at me bc I guess he noticed I never pulled out a wallet. So fast and easy

Nathan Innocent

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
Finally back to school for my university. However, Samsung Pay has been perfect for me. I used it at their POS systems and all I need the cashier to do is hit "debit" and it flawlessly works. Cashiers are students like me so they are in awe about that.

mososki

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Went to the Detroit North American International Auto Show yesterday and crashed one of the kiosks for purchasing tickets. It had a card slider on the front and when I held up my phone with Samsung Pay, the screen went into malfunction mode and shut down.

Jpeezy33

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Yea I have never crashed a machine before.hmm like 20 said probably some behind scene update. As of late I'm still 100% since I did the framework uninstall and reinstall

kalnel#WN

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
Had a new kind of fail today at Safeway in Maryland, where I've been using Samsung Pay for months. They instituted a new policy that they have to match the name on the credit card with a picture ID for sales over $200. They let me go through this time -- I shop there all the time, so they recognized me -- but it was kind of annoying to have to deal with the manager, etc.

In December, they started asking for the last four digits of your card number, too. (No problem with that.)

Ironically, the manager (who was very nice about the whole thing) told me these are things they're doing to combat credit-card theft. I laughed and explained that Samsung Pay does that for him, since I have to authenticate it with my thumbprint and it masks my real number.

altezza03

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
Went to the Detroit North American International Auto Show yesterday and crashed one of the kiosks for purchasing tickets. It had a card slider on the front and when I held up my phone with Samsung Pay, the screen went into malfunction mode and shut down.

I crashed Fry's Electronics POS a couple of times here in Northern California. When the cashier repeatedly tells me not to put my phone on the veriphone machine, I did it anyway. They would show me that the card is unreadable and nothing shows up on their screen. The card machine sounds like it accepts the 'swipe', but it seems like it's not forwarding that info to their POS and doing it a few times froze it up. Anyway, the cashier was really upset since she had to close up and go to another terminal to ring me up--where I insisted to use the chip on my physical card. She furiously says no, that's not working and that she want's my card so she can swipe on her end. It's quite a frustrating experience when you can't use SPay when it's supposed to work like any magstripe card.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markizta