Where Samsung Pay didn't work for you.

Nathan Innocent

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
Just another notice for new people watching the thread. You may have to tell cashier the card type. Not all of the time, but once in a blue moon. Ask them "credit and the type of card". Putting your phone by the reader just causes a misunderstanding (personal experience). Not everyone knows how Samsung Pay works.

Posted via the Android Central App

Scott Currence

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Used it at Bob Evans last night and they had to put in the tip first before you scan your card (Samsung pay). They also had no debit card useage, credit only. I tell them to let me know when to scan my card. Then I use Samsung pay when they tell me to swipe my card. It helps them to understand its not voodoo, just another way to "swipe" my credit/debit card.

Jaysin13

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
I love the idea of SP but haven't had consistent results and it's frustrating. I am using a PNC debit card. I think I've narrowed down the problem but don't know how to fix it. It seems that if I use as debit the terminal says invalid account or something along those lines. Credit seems to work fine. Has anyone else had this issue or know how to resolve it? I have spoken to PNC. I have deleted and reinstalled the app and card.

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I love the idea of SP but haven't had consistent results and it's frustrating. I am using a PNC debit card. I think I've narrowed down the problem but don't know how to fix it. It seems that if I use as debit the terminal says invalid account or something along those lines. Credit seems to work fine. Has anyone else had this issue or know how to resolve it? I have spoken to PNC. I have deleted and reinstalled the app and card.

I used to have that issue with my chase card but it seems to have gone away. I guess you'll have to keep using it as credit for now

Jaysin13

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
I used to have that issue with my chase card but it seems to have gone away. I guess you'll have to keep using it as credit for now

Not exactly the answer I was hoping for but I love when it works. I just wish I had more confidence in it. Sucks to get declined and have to go to the card.

Jpeezy33

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
I used it at Arby's last night and for them all they had to do was hit total their cc reader was separate from terminal. It had credit,debit on screen. The cashier did not have to select it she said just do what u do. Now here's the best part b4 I got close to it it beep so the distance wasn't as close as they say u should hold it. Now this is a rare situation. From there I went to a mom and pops store. Cashier said of course I'm not setup for that. Did it and he said I was the first to try it and he said it went through I'll accept it. He to didn't have to do anything. On both occasions. After I used samsung pay the screen said enter amount and on both occasions the detached cc reader displayed credit,debit and i nor them did not have to select anything. They probably just hit card or whatever they do to get reader to work. Even at my grocery store I can use it b4 tl my items are finished ringing up.

The only thing is Lowes is where it won't work for me.Someone go out and buy a light bulb,batteries or something small from there lol to c if u have success. We all need batteries and or light bulbs.

Scott Currence

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
I used it at Arby's last night and for them all they had to do was hit total their cc reader was separate from terminal. It had credit,debit on screen. The cashier did not have to select it she said just do what u do. Now here's the best part b4 I got close to it it beep so the distance wasn't as close as they say u should hold it. Now this is a rare situation. From there I went to a mom and pops store. Cashier said of course I'm not setup for that. Did it and he said I was the first to try it and he said it went through I'll accept it. He to didn't have to do anything. On both occasions. After I used samsung pay the screen said enter amount and on both occasions the detached cc reader displayed credit,debit and i nor them did not have to select anything. They probably just hit card or whatever they do to get reader to work. Even at my grocery store I can use it b4 tl my items are finished ringing up.

The only thing is Lowes is where it won't work for me.Someone go out and buy a light bulb,batteries or something small from there lol to c if u have success. We all need batteries and or light bulbs.

It does not work at Lowe's. But Lowe's says it should and they have even had training on Samsung pay. I keep trying when I go but have lost the energy to try anymore.

Jpeezy33

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
It does not work at Lowe's. But Lowe's says it should and they have even had training on Samsung pay. I keep trying when I go but have lost the energy to try anymore.

Yea I think u posted about Lowe's b4. It's strange it goes through the entire process and then gets invalid card or something.

Nathan Innocent

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
So I was at work and there was a guy asking if he could pay with his phone. My coworkers know I pay with my phone so they called me over and I saw his phone and said "it can't be an iPhone". They asked then how does mine work and I explained it. Now they all know Samsung Pay.

Jpeezy33

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
So I was at work and there was a guy asking if he could pay with his phone. My coworkers know I pay with my phone so they called me over and I saw his phone and said "it can't be an iPhone". They asked then how does mine work and I explained it. Now they all know Samsung Pay.

So he had the iPhone?

Nathan Innocent

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
He had an iPhone, so all my coworkers called me over quickly. I know phones by just looking for a second at them. I told him we don't accept Apple Pay, but Samsung Pay.

neiander

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
American Eagle fail. THey have typical swipe machines, and I think I had used there before.
I had my phone in my hand because he just scanned my rewards card and gift card from it. I said I am paying credit with my phone. He said "that doesn't work" which we have all heard before. I said "it's SP it should." I had the phone on the terminal for just a second or two and nothing. Then the clerk said "Please stop. I don't want you to crash the system." I said "that won't happen. I use this often."

What really pisses me off that maybe 3 or 4 weeks ago this mall was doing a huge SP promotion. SIgnage everywhere and yet some of the stores are oblivious and don't want to use it.

I think I emailed American Eagle....yes said think....because I can't tell if the email went through on their feedback site. Long day for me.

Scott Currence

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Had a girl at Bob Evans enthusiastically tell me to "do my thing" when using Samsung pay there. We both had a good chuckle over it. So some places get it and some places think its going to tear something up.

anon(9811749)

Feb 1, 2016
Visit site
I was at Cracker Barrel they have the card machines out for customers. I held my phone against it and it say waiting for cashier. The lady told me they aren't set up for it. I informed her and said it should work like a card swipe. I just took my card out and swiped while it still said Waiting for Cashier. Pretty disappointed

Jpeezy33

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
I was at Cracker Barrel they have the card machines out for customers. I held my phone against it and it say waiting for cashier. The lady told me they aren't set up for it. I informed her and said it should work like a card swipe. I just took my card out and swiped while it still said Waiting for Cashier. Pretty disappointed

In situations like that just say to the cashier the machine says waiting on you it accepted my card. Don't know if u did that or not. I had a situation like that b4 and said Samething not set up for that. She called manager over and I told him it beeped and waiting on the cashier. He did his part and it worked. I also had a line behind me that didn't bother me bc it was the cashier holding up the line.

anon(9811749)

Feb 1, 2016
Visit site
I did exactly that but she insisted. So I just grabbed my card and swiped while it still said Waiting on Cashier. She ended up having to type it manually. It was kinda lame. But at least it's only one place.

kalnel#WN

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
No luck today at Home Depot. Tried two different self-serve kiosks. Both times it said "swipe error." This store is very flaky -- some registers work, some work with NFC, some don't work at all.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad