Where Samsung Pay didn't work for you.

kalnel#WN

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
OK, now that I've played with it and added signatures, how can I go back and edit them? I tried to get the first one all on one line, and it's really tiny.

Johnsontm

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Maybe it depends on ur bank? I saw I had to sign my card when I added my Suntrust CC but never got the prompt for my boa debit card. And I used it this weekend at sams and walmart both success.

Jpeezy33

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
I have BOA as well never had to sign it or prompted to but I found it and sign it anyways. Now is anyone in vegas that has used samsung pay at walmart?

Posted via the Android Central App

Jaysin13

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
Little update on my situation. I was able to test a bit at a couple places that didn't work previously. Publix and wawa. Both were accepted as credit and gave invalid account error as debit. I am convinced it is a PNC problem now. I will be calling them. Love when it works!

jexx

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
Oh, wait, I do have it. On the card, but not in settings. Interesting.

I too just located it on my card within the app, on the card itself, had to look twice. Real nice of Samsung Pay not advising us of this? I only found out by checking this thread. That's why this is a great thread, very informative. Thanks Jpeezy33, for starting it.

kalnel#WN

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
Giant Food in the Washington, DC, area? I use it there all the time, although always as a credit card, not a debit. Sometimes it causes an error message, but if you just move the phone away, it clears.

Jpeezy33

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Mine failed at 7-11 and at Giant. I will have to try just using it as a credit card at 7-11 instead of debit.

With 711 u cannot use it as debit something with their system. I have tried it over 30 times and different 711s just to see by chance if it was a specific store.i discovered this during issue the beta. The entire process goes through the. Then U get declined. So when debit comes up hit red X or cancel and change it to credit maybe that's the same issue with Giant as well.

Scott Currence

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
With 711 u cannot use it as debit something with their system. I have tried it over 30 times and different 711s just to see by chance if it was a specific store.i discovered this during issue the beta. The entire process goes through the. Then U get declined. So when debit comes up hit red X or cancel and change it to credit maybe that's the same issue with Giant as well.

Yep. This^^^

kalnel#WN

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
This was interesting. I just tried to use one of my Citi Mastercards at Giant Food in Maryland, where I've been using it with no problem since October. The register connected to Samsung Pay, but the cashier got the message that the card was declined and I should check with the issuer.

So I came home and called Citibank. There's no problem with my card -- no security hold, nothing overdue, low balance -- so they did some research. According to them the store and Mastercard both declined the transaction. They urged me to try it again at another store to buy something for a few dollars and see if it goes through. They said they have no idea why Mastercard and Giant declined.

I'll update after I try it at another store.

neiander

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
That very interesting. I had a similar sort of issue yesterday at grocery store Kroger. I use SP with citi mastercard there very very often (seemingly every day...kids.) Yesterday I was declined. It was self serve line and didn't get any real error message. The terminals (YES, terminals, i tried on 2 terminals) kind of went through the motion then did nothing. Didn't work. I tried Amex card via SP and it worked perfect.

I called citi and they had no decline notice or anything. I ticket was established to look into this further. SHe said there may have been some sort of communication issue with the terminal to Citi....but she said this really confused her.

I will try citi again there later when I go get milk....again.

kalnel#WN

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
I just ran to the convenience store in my building. It worked fine on a charge of $13, although the charge did not post in the app as it usually does. (Most of the time, a notice of the charge appears on my screen before the cashier seems to know what's going on.) It does show up on the Citibank site, though, so I know it went through.

Weird. I hope the grocery stores aren't going to stop permitting Samsung Pay or something.

kalnel#WN

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
I called citi and they had no decline notice or anything. I ticket was established to look into this further. SHe said there may have been some sort of communication issue with the terminal to Citi....but she said this really confused her.

The Citi CSR said almost the exact same thing to me about the transaction "confusing" her. She put me on hold and reviewed it with a manager, because it didn't make any sense that it hadn't gone through.

neiander

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
The Citi CSR said almost the exact same thing to me about the transaction "confusing" her. She put me on hold and reviewed it with a manager, because it didn't make any sense that it hadn't gone through.

good. Glad I am not the only confusing case.

I did just go get the milk at Kroger. Mostly to try citi SP again. Same thing, sort of. This time got "unauthorized user." Tried again "unauthorized user." Tried again "authrorized. Transaction complete."

Very strange.

kalnel#WN

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm glad it went through for you! These days, the stores should be thanking us for using Samsung Pay -- we make their system safer!

Jpeezy33

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
good. Glad I am not the only confusing case.

I did just go get the milk at Kroger. Mostly to try citi SP again. Same thing, sort of. This time got "unauthorized user." Tried again "unauthorized user." Tried again "authrorized. Transaction complete."

Very strange.

I got unauthorized user error b4 at a Kroger affiliate. Then all of a sudden it worked. So this may not be bank or samsung fault just their terminal/system had proble. at that specific time.