Where Samsung Pay didn't work for you.

James8561

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Tried it at Dollar Tree. Seems to work at first but then was "declined" or "rejected" on the cashier screen after doing all the steps. :\

Jpeezy33

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
I used it at my daughter preschool for tuition now I have been using a different card for awhile without a problem today I used it with a chipped card which I had used a long time ago It's said invalid chip at first so then I went and signed the card in the app and it worked. So I dunno if the signature makes it work with a chip card or what. I never had a problem with that card saying chipped b4

Posted via the Android Central App

adelmundo

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problem with AMEX Hilton HHonors card which has a chip. Didn't work at first. Then I read about the new signature implementation (using a Note 5 and the S-Pen to sign signatures is amazing vs using your finger) and tried it again at that swipe reader and it worked. Since then I have signed all my cards in Samsung Pay.l

Another weird issue. AT Home Depot, could never get my Citi Credit Card (Masercard Universal Rewards card) to work on MST, but works with my Hilton HHonors Amex. Also got a kick when the Home Depot cashier was amazed it worked and started telling other cashiers that I was the first ever to pay with any mobile system. He asked if I used Apple Pay or Samsung Pay (he had heard of Samsung Pay apparently). It's always fun to see people's reactions when Samsung Pay works at places where Apple Pay or Android Pay doesn't work at.

Jpeezy33

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Well my grocery store has updated to using chip cards but I had no problem using my samsung pay it took a little bit longer to register but it went through

Mr_Bugman

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Does anyone in the forum have a skin on their phone? I'm considering getting a skin but I want to use SPay still.

Using a full UAG case and SPay and everything else works just fine. MST seems to have decent range. I've had successful reads with my phone several cm away.

Tom3600

Feb 24, 2016
Visit site
Went to Home Depot self serve. Took it, entered pin. Invalid transaction. Used same credit card with swipe, entered pin, worked fine. Overall I'm hitting below 20% on it working. No offense to you techies but it is still easier to swipe my card. I love technology but I am dumbfounded on the benefits of Samsung, Apple or Android pay??? For a debit card you still have to enter pin. Pulling my wallet out is just as easy as pulling my phone out and I don't have to wait for my wallet to buzz! Sorry. but the "oh cool" moment dies quickly.

Last edited:

Scott Currence

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Went to Home Depot self serve. Took it, entered pin. Invalid transaction. Used same credit card with swipe, entered pin, worked fine. Overall I'm hitting below 20% on it working. No offense to you techies but it is still easier to swipe my card. I love technology but I am dumbfounded on the benefits of Samsung, Apple or Android pay??? For a debit card you still have to enter pin. Pulling my wallet out is just as easy as pulling my phone out and I don't have to wait for my wallet to buzz! Sorry. but the "oh cool" moment dies quickly.
The only place I can't get it to work is Lowe's. If it worked 100% everywhere that's great but if I still need to use my card at some places, it is like "what's the point". But I use it everywhere but Lowe's. I like the fact that if I forget my wallet I know where to go to get gas or something to eat without my debit card.

Jpeezy33

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
The only place I can't get it to work is Lowe's. If it worked 100% everywhere that's great but if I still need to use my card at some places, it is like "what's the point". But I use it everywhere but Lowe's. I like the fact that if I forget my wallet I know where to go to get gas or something to eat without my debit card.

Debit card, credit card physical card what is that? Lol Spay for me is quick very quick and only 2 places in which I have fails walmart amd Lowe's but haven't tried them since signing my card.

Scott Currence

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Debit card, credit card physical card what is that? Lol Spay for me is quick very quick and only 2 places in which I have fails walmart amd Lowe's but haven't tried them since signing my card.

I tried Lowe's yesterday. Same as before. I'm not able to get away from having my debit on me, but I have thinned my wallet down from the credit cards I used to carry.

adelmundo

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Used my card today at Red Robin's using the pay at the table tablets and worked fine (using MST).

Safeway worked fine as well.

Also worked today at Walmart (using MST) no problem on the readers that now take chip cards. 3 for 3 today.

jexx

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
No go at Home Depot today, tried twice, then the cashier said " we don't take any mobile payments". Pulled out my chipped card amex and paid.

neiander

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
No go at Home Depot today, tried twice, then the cashier said " we don't take any mobile payments". Pulled out my chipped card amex and paid.

I use SP at home depot often. In fact just used it this morning. Worked perfectly. Sorry you had a problem. I used with citi and with amex.

neiander

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
I think one thing must be said. SP is still in its infancy. All mobile payments are. This is new stuff and will improve as it becomes more and more common. Don't give up. Have fun with it. Yes it won't work all of the time...yet. Just my $.10.

jexx

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
I use SP at home depot often. In fact just used it this morning. Worked perfectly. Sorry you had a problem. I used with citi and with amex.

Thanks, I plan on returning and talking to the manager and figure it out. Just didn't have time today to mess with it.

Scott Currence

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
If your home depot has nfc terminals it might be picking up the nfc chip in your phone and getting denied. Mine has nfc disabled. But will still pick up on it. It has more reach than I thought. I had this happen at McDonald's. Used MST and was close enough that the nfc kicked in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech