Where Samsung Pay didn't work for you.

jexx

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
If your home depot has nfc terminals it might be picking up the nfc chip in your phone and getting denied. Mine has nfc disabled. But will still pick up on it. It has more reach than I thought. I had this happen at McDonald's. Used MST and was close enough that the nfc kicked in.

Thanks, Scott, I'll try that route next time at Home Depot...

Jpeezy33

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Thanks, Scott, I'll try that route next time at Home Depot...

I will try that at Lowe's turning off nfc, but I have used the same card at another location that with the chip and it worked mst and they do not have nfc terminal

Posted via the Android Central App

Scott Currence

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
I will try that at Lowe's turning off nfc, but I have used the same card at another location that with the chip and it worked mst and they do not have nfc terminal

My Lowe's doesn't have nfc. Just home depot, which is deactivated. Man I want to figure out the issue at Lowe's. Several have come here with the solution. But none have worked so I might have to just give it up.

Jpeezy33

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Soooo. Mr. Scott....... Today I used it at Walmart and I had success finally. With that being said this is the first time since I deleted framework,and signed the card so I dunno which one made the difference. I also used it while thecashier was still ringing up my items. Also it took longer than normal when I use Samsung Pay for it to go through so there was a little bit of nervousness..

Scott Currence

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Soooo. Mr. Scott....... Today I used it at Walmart and I had success finally. With that being said this is the first time since I deleted framework,and signed the card so I dunno which one made the difference. I also used it while thecashier was still ringing up my items. Also it took longer than normal when I use Samsung Pay for it to go through so there was a little bit of nervousness..

That's the frustrating part, some people seem to have no troubles at places while others have nothing but trouble. I think it's all in the stores hardware and software. Glad you got it worked out. Now to see if it works twice for ya!

Jpeezy33

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
We r quiet so I take it everyone is having success now without problems which is good..any new stories on transactions?

jexx

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
We r quiet so I take it everyone is having success now without problems which is good..any new stories on transactions?

Jpeezy33,
FWIW, looks like Wells Fargo Bank has come on board with SP, that is good news for those of us who have been waiting for that. I was able to hook up with my WF Visa Signature CC, on SP, without a problem and it works great, along with my Amex CC.
I only heard about being able to use WF with SP on a WF community forum today, never heard an official announcement from WF.

Matt Behnken

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
Little Ceasar's pizza worked. Left my wallet at home. They keep the cc machine by them and swipe for you. I said no debit card so i need to pay with my phone. He said "you can try." I reached over and used SP it but it wasn't working, i asked him "is it waiting for something" he woke up and pressed a few buttons and it went through. He was really stoked. Said he d never seen anything like that before. Since apple and stuff doesn't work. Then he thanked me for showing him. Hot and ready ftw

Attachments

• 2644.jpg
    2644.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 24

neiander

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
Jpeezy33,
FWIW, looks like Wells Fargo Bank has come on board with SP, that is good news for those of us who have been waiting for that. I was able to hook up with my WF Visa Signature CC, on SP, without a problem and it works great, along with my Amex CC.
I only heard about being able to use WF with SP on a WF community forum today, never heard an official announcement from WF.

WAIT WAIT WAIT.....WHHHHHAAAAAAT? Yesterday there was an announcement on SP that a few other random banks were added but not WF....which is a HUGE bank. I just added my 2 WF cards easily. Finally!

I will have to go back to Total Wine again (aw, shucks, right?) I was there Sunday and used SP. The cashier was so excited I used it. We talked for a while and she said she has a Galaxy edge and how she can only use Android pay because WF was not accepted on SP. Wellllll, now I need to go get her on board the gravy train!

Jpeezy33

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Great that WF is on board. I have done the same thing as well with as many people as I can convincing them to use SP. Word of mouth best advertisement ever.

dnalevelc

Feb 13, 2010
Visit site
With 711 u cannot use it as debit something with their system. I have tried it over 30 times and different 711s just to see by chance if it was a specific store.i discovered this during issue the beta. The entire process goes through the. Then U get declined. So when debit comes up hit red X or cancel and change it to credit maybe that's the same issue with Giant as well.

Can you change a debit card to a credit in Samsung Pay? I was looking at it and I don't see anything.

Jpeezy33

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
If your card has a logo on it visa or mastercard then you should be able to do it. You have to select credit or debit at checkout if the cashier has to select it you tell them credit or debit. Some terminals like 711 or grocery stores it automatically goes to debit but you can hit cancel and it'll switch it to credit. I don't think you can change that setting in the app itslef. I have cards in the app and I do not recall selecting them to be debit or credit. So next time u use it once you use samsung pay and the pin code pops up hit cancel and select credit

Scott Currence

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
If your card has a logo on it visa or mastercard then you should be able to do it. You have to select credit or debit at checkout if the cashier has to select it you tell them credit or debit. Some terminals like 711 or grocery stores it automatically goes to debit but you can hit cancel and it'll switch it to credit. I don't think you can change that setting in the app itslef. I have cards in the app and I do not recall selecting them to be debit or credit. So next time u use it once you use samsung pay and the pin code pops up hit cancel and select credit

^^^^THIS^^^^

Jpeezy33

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
I got no read whatsoever. I have a magnet on my case for a car mount but that doesn't affect it's performance. Unless I should remove it

If u used it b4 with that case u should be fine maybe it was the placement for that particular reader. I can't recall the last time I didn't even get a read.

Nathan Innocent

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
If u used it b4 with that case u should be fine maybe it was the placement for that particular reader. I can't recall the last time I didn't even get a read.

I don't even until that happened. I was like "it should've worked". They probably put it in wrong.

Jpeezy33

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Ya know I just thought about it but I did have a "no read" b4. It happened at Carls jr. I did try it again just recently and got invalid pin which I don't know what that means bc the reader is on there side and I didnt have pad to input a pin code. So maybe next time u try it u might get a read at the very least

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech