Where Samsung Pay didn't work for you.

Jpeezy33

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
I've been getting notifications for my purchases on Samsung Pay with my Debit Card. It's exactly like if you used it with a Credit card. New Update?

I am with BOA and never got it when I used my debit card either as debit or credit i only got it when I used the actual credit card.

Posted via the Android Central App

douggrif

Sep 26, 2010
Visit site
I have been able to use the Samsung Pay with a Galaxy 7 without difficulty in several different places. The older credit card machines work great although I have found that holding the phone close to the card reader with a slight swipe motion works best. I couldn't be more satisfied but I still card one physical credit card with me just in case.

Jpeezy33

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Finally used it as NFC today and had it turned off like someone posted earlier and it turned in and worked (no disrespect just forgot would posted it) but it was fast not as fast as some of my transaction with MST granted I have to press buttons for MST. It was a small air popcorn spot.

Jpeezy33

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Just used it at Dennys and blew 3 employees mind they were like wow omg I didn't know we had it.lol showed it to them and got my food and left the phone is the devil

bubbles7040

Apr 3, 2016
Visit site
Just a quick update...PNC is actually sending me a new bank card due to the fact that I'm having trouble with their ATMs as well. They think that when they programmed my card, something didn't translate right on the debit end of things and that it might be part of the issue. Hopefully I'll get my new card soon and give SP another try.

TLemieux

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
Mine doesn't work at Emporer's Japanese Grill in Wichita, KS. It basically freezes and resets their system and makes for some very unhappy employees.

It also didn't work at Title Boxing West Wichita last time I tried to use it. It said "debit key not activated" or something similar. It has worked there once before so I am not sure what changed. This time it acted like it worked then changed its mind.

Jpeezy33

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Mine doesn't work at Emporer's Japanese Grill in Wichita, KS. It basically freezes and resets their system and makes for some very unhappy employees.

It also didn't work at Title Boxing West Wichita last time I tried to use it. It said "debit key not activated" or something similar. It has worked there once before so am not sure what changed. This time it acted like it worked then changed its mind.

Hey could you have tried it as credit as the Boxing place? Also that is word that it froze their machine is your card chipped and have u signed it within the app?

Jpeezy33

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Used it at Sams And actually Walmart 2nd attempt since signing card and had success did get a card read error at first but went through

TLemieux

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
Hey could you have tried it as credit as the Boxing place? Also that is word that it froze their machine is your card chipped and have u signed it within the app?

I'm pretty sure they hit credit because they were as confused as I was when it said debit. I can try there again though.

My card is not chipped. It happened at both locations of the restaurant so I'm not sure how that happened.

Jpeezy33

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
I have that similar problem at my daughters preschool. I use a credit card to pay but It comes up saying enter pin. If I hit cancel it just ends the transaction not like hitting cancel at 711 and it switches to credit from debit.

TLemieux

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
It was strange because it seemed like it was going through. I scanned it and they typed in the amount and everything then the error came up.

Jpeezy33

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
I tell you what Samsung Pay is awesome and I'll tell you why pertaining to this experience. I do not know if any of you have done this or not but I used samsung pay while I was on the phone, also during a video chat on and while listening to music now all this was when I was on the same device that I used samsung pay. The only thing I noticed was that you do not hear the beep from the reader you just have to watch the reader screen.

Jpeezy33

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
So today I froze up the machine at Fast Freddie's and ironically I have used there numerous times but then they couldn't get it back up they had to reset the terminal and I just moved to the next terminal and it worked smoothly. Weird thing a customer was beside me and said so is it really that hard to carry your credit card and I was like my wallet is a lot thinner and the cashier and looked at him and said well I can't argue with that

Christopher Meinck

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
Today was my first experience with Samsung Pay. I tried it at the Redbox. For a second I thought it was going through, but then the authorization was not approved. Tomorrow, I'll give it a go at my local grocery store.

Jpeezy33

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Today was my first experience with Samsung Pay. I tried it at the Redbox. For a second I thought it was going through, but then the authorization was not approved. Tomorrow, I'll give it a go at my local grocery store.

Oh yea redbox is a swipe hmm might have to try it as well.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm