Where Samsung Pay didn't work for you.

Jpeezy33

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Went and used it at a massage place today and worked like lightening the ladies said of course the usual ohh we are not setup for the but when it worked the lady acted like she knew what she was talking about and it was the first I ever heard.. Oh that must be Android pay hahaha I said nope the other cashier said what phone is that I told her she said I have that I am going now to sign up for it and this way I don't have to carry more cards.

Posted via the Android Central App

mastenpark

Oct 31, 2015
Visit site
Long time since I posted, but these updates have helped a lot. Just got it to work at Buffalo Wild Wings. The manager was cool and took the time listen to instuctions and it worked like a charm. I almost cant remember a time where it didnt work now. I didnt even have my card on me a backup so it had to work or it would have been a no sale. Wild Wings also had this NCR option ncrpay.com , it gave me a hard time so she agreed to try the samsung option since she had a samsung phone herself. When it worked she must have thought I was james bond with the reaction she gave after it went through lol...

Jpeezy33

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Yea I used it at Buffalo Wild wings twice. It was carryout. It worked very fast. Their cashiers were kool and didn't mind trying it. It's employees like that who makes SamsungPay enjoyable, allowing people to try something even if they don't understand it.

NIUHuskie

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, new to this forum. I just got my Galaxy S7 Edge last week and set up Samsung Pay last night. I've tried to use it at two different places today (Smashburger and Books-A-Million) and got card swipe errors at both of them. There was a line at Smashburger so I didn't waste time trying again, but I did try again at BAM. Is there something I need to know to get the process to work? I'm using a chipped Chase card, but neither of those places had chip readers. Thanks in advance for any help.

Jpeezy33

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys, new to this forum. I just got my Galaxy S7 Edge last week and set up Samsung Pay last night. I've tried to use it at two different places today (Smashburger and Books-A-Million) and got card swipe errors at both of them. There was a line at Smashburger so I didn't waste time trying again, but I did try again at BAM. Is there something I need to know to get the process to work? I'm using a chipped Chase card, but neither of those places had chip readers. Thanks in advance for any help.

K have you signed the cd and within the app? 2nd if you get that type of error just move it up or down a little all while still in the process it's just like re swiping a real card. Is this your first time using Samsung Pay also did you get the notification sent to your bank?

Jpeezy33

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Had a strange experience today at Walmart. The transaction appeared on my statement but declined on walmarts register. So did the transaction again and when rechecked my statement the first transaction looked like it was credited back.

Air2Jordan3

Feb 3, 2016
Visit site
So went shopping today.

I used it at Michael Kors, Old Navy, Rue 21, Walmart, Banana Republic, and Nike outlet store. All with NFC turned off. It worked on the first try each time.

Scott Currence

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
If I use it at 7-11 and do the gas pump trick, it shows up as $0.00 in Samsung pay app but correct on bank statement. Make sure you push "pay here credit" before you do the trick or it will run as debit and get declined.

Jpeezy33

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
I have yet to get it to work at the gas pump. Sooooo Scott you may need to find a way to make a video of it and post it on youtube

Scott Currence

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
What is the gas station trick??

It's a way to trick the pump into using Samsung pay. Because the card needs to be inserted to trigger the card read, you have to trip a switch in the back of the card slot with a driver's license or other item the same size. I have a discount gas card in my cars that gets me .03 off a gallon. So I swipe it to get the discount then turn the card over and put the mag stripe at the bottom. Push it in to trigger the card read pull it out slightly ( just enough to get the card off the switch) while holding the phone up to the card reader while Samsung pay is transmitting. But it only works on some pumps. Seems the newer they are the better it works. At least that's my area.

Air2Jordan3

Feb 3, 2016
Visit site
It's a way to trick the pump into using Samsung pay. Because the card needs to be inserted to trigger the card read, you have to trip a switch in the back of the card slot with a driver's license or other item the same size. I have a discount gas card in my cars that gets me .03 off a gallon. So I swipe it to get the discount then turn the card over and put the mag stripe at the bottom. Push it in to trigger the card read pull it out slightly ( just enough to get the card off the switch) while holding the phone up to the card reader while Samsung pay is transmitting. But it only works on some pumps. Seems the newer they are the better it works. At least that's my area.

I love using Samsung pay, but if you're going to take out the card anyway, why even go through the work to use the phone?

Joel Monroy

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
It didn't work for me at Target or Home Depot systems eventhough both payment stations recieved the info from my phone. Both said declined. Same with Whole Foods (same company payment system as Target which is Verifone)

Joel Monroy

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
Do this if the reader is not connected to the terminal once you get your total or you have to tell them you are paying with a card then just reach over and do it or if u can do the reader and it says swipe card go ahead and swipe or just say look i use it everywhere. Don't say I'm paying with my phone up front. But once u go ahead and place your phone there by the time they realize it it'll probably already have went through. Also if they do try and stop u say look it's not apple pay watch it'll work. Key thing gotta he confident when u r trying to convince cashiers. I usually just go and place my phone right over the reader without even saying a single word the only thing I say is "k u have to enter the total now." Let's us know what happens

Used it at my local yogurt land instead and worked perfectly.

Scott Currence

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
It didn't work for me at Target or Home Depot systems eventhough both payment stations recieved the info from my phone. Both said declined. Same with Whole Foods (same company payment system as Target which is Verifone)

Haven't tried at Target but does work for me at home depot. It was at the self checkout though.

Jpeezy33

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys has anybody heard about payrange it's in vending machines. Payrange is a a mobile payment app as well I was wondering can you use Samsung pay because it still has a contactless form of payment? I just found out we have one of those vending machines here at my job and I'm going to try it but I just wanted to know if anybody has heard of it or used it I'll try to take a picture of it as well if I remember

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke